Transferring Files
4851 5 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fparklin
lvl.1
United States

Hey all,

Proud new owner of the Osmo Action. After all of the reviews, I finally decided to jump on this action camera. I love DJI for their drones and gimbals, so I know their products are top notch.

I wanted to know if it was possible to tranfer my video files via the USB cable. Nothing seems to pop up when I plug it into my mac, and even turning on the camera itself. I feel this should be a thing, but is it not?

I don't want to take out the sd card. I don't want to save my files through the Mimo app and to my phone and Air Drop or connect my phone. Hopefully the USB-c to USB can tranfer files directly?
2019-6-13
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I use Windows.  When I plug in the usb, a prompt appears on the back/main screen of the camera.  "Connect" or some such.  I tap it and then the camera shows up on my Windows' Explorer as another drive.  Oh, yes, turn the camera on.

I know Apple handles file access a bit more restrictively.  
2019-6-13
Use props
fans0c7b340c
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-13 20:40
I use Windows.  When I plug in the usb, a prompt appears on the back/main screen of the camera.  "Connect" or some such.  I tap it and then the camera shows up on my Windows' Explorer as another drive.  Oh, yes, turn the camera on.

I know Apple handles file access a bit more restrictively.

Thanks! Connecting the usb to the comp worked. For some reason, it didn’t promo my camera to accept or decline the first few times. I feel transferring files is easier this way rather than taking the micro SD and fiddling with it.
2019-6-19
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

fans0c7b340c Posted at 6-19 05:28
Thanks! Connecting the usb to the comp worked. For some reason, it didn’t promo my camera to accept or decline the first few times. I feel transferring files is easier this way rather than taking the micro SD and fiddling with it.

I think I always get the prompt but on occasion with other devices, I have to plug/unplug sometimes.  My Android phone can be even more finicky.  
2019-6-19
Use props
nonplussed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 2019-6-19 06:26
I think I always get the prompt but on occasion with other devices, I have to plug/unplug sometimes.  My Android phone can be even more finicky.

Trying to download a few videos for the first time. Plugged in usb .pressed accept...........then got camera connected message. But there was no sign of the Action.in "my computer" not showing as a drive.
I plugged in my little fuji camera to the same usb port..and bang it was up in a second

Any ideas ?
2020-1-15
Use props
nonplussed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nonplussed Posted at 1-15 08:56
Trying to download a few videos for the first time. Plugged in usb .pressed accept...........then got camera connected message. But there was no sign of the Action.in "my computer" not showing as a drive.
I plugged in my little fuji camera to the same usb port..and bang it was up in a second

Tried all sortsd of things ..then tried it all again with Chrome as opposed to Mozilla.....and lo and behold the Action was there and I was able to download...........
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules