Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dewarp/fisheye correction in-camera vs post
4562 2 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62134bf6
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all,

Just got my Osmo Action and am super excited to put it to the test but before that I'm configuring it to the best of my ability.

While doing so I came across the dewarp feature which looks fantastic but does limit the FOV by a fair amount.

I wanted to ask the gurus on the board: Is it preferrable to correct for warp/fisheye/barrel with the in-camera feature or am I better off doing so during editing (eg with the Alex4D Wide Angle Effect Fix plugin - I use FCPX)?
- Is the in-camera dewarp better given that its made explicitly for the Osmo Action or are the results about the same with editing techniques.
- Do I lose less FOV with the in-camera feature compared to editing techniques?

Thanks!
2019-6-13
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I assume you will loose the same amount of FOV by doing dewarp in post, but i have not tried to do that and compare the 2 results, but i assume it will be much the same.
2019-6-13
Use props
fans62134bf6
lvl.1
Australia

peiter Posted at 6-13 23:23
I assume you will loose the same amount of FOV by doing dewarp in post, but i have not tried to do that and compare the 2 results, but i assume it will be much the same.

Thanks a lot @peiter! That's pretty much what I assumed .

Thus I will personally go without Dewarp as I may choose to retain the fisheye effect for artistic purposes while plugins seem to do an equally good job at correcting for it.

Now if only I could say the same about RockSteady. Dunno how DJI has done so much better a job at stabilization but to date I haven't found any plugin that corrects for movement anywhere near as well.
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules