3860 17 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
First Officer
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

HI DJI! As @djipanda has allways said. If I have some questions or something to say just write. So this is it. I don’t know where to go anymore. This is kinda my last resort.
I have a situation. A while ago I bought the inspire 2 from one of you retail selers in Latvia. I had it for about 4 months before it crashed. The crash was something very unfortunate.
I was on a movie set. Capturing a static shot in a courtyard when suddenly the drone started flying backward. As soon as it starts doing I immediately pushed the horizontal movement stick forwards. The drone kept flying backwards as it crashed into a wall and dropped down 9m in the cobblestone bricks.  It was completely done.
The drone was insured. The flight had a permit. Everything was just right.

But the not so fun part is that the statement from DJI and also the flight log is saying something different. The flight log had a totally different stick motion. At the moment of crash the sticks went ape .... The motion in log didn’t match the reality. And the statement of DJI is that it’s a pilot error. But it was not. I did everything in my power to bring the drone away from the wall. I have 4 years of experience in flying exactly dji drones. I know how to handle a scetchy situation. With a motion that is opposite to the unwanted motion. In this case forward - because behind the drone there was a wall.

I really can’t see how this is my fault. Except maybe for flying in a courtyard but even then. The vision positioning system should do its job and keep the drone still as it was a very well lit place.

+ after the crash there was something inside the right joystick. Like some kind of a dust particle that wasn’t there before the flight.

Could it be that a dust particle could somehow get in the right stick during the flight and mess with it’s brain?

What to do?

The insurance is fighting for their money and this statement that DJI has given is working against me in every way!

I really don’t know what to do. I cannot afford to not have it back in working condition. As well as I don’t have 4k€ to fix it.

I’m using DJI drones for 4 years. It’s my best friend in the filmmaking. Please help me get my big best friend back.

Thank you!

DB79ECEC-DAB9-45EC-9992-9A8DC6DFDF4A.jpeg
930409EC-15D4-4858-BA77-CEECC6617D0D.jpeg
214C9F50-1500-482D-A29B-A57089471B32.jpeg
2019-6-13
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
First Officer
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I just want to remind that the shot I was taking was static... I had no reason to move. I didn’t move. Drone decided to move on it’s own.
2019-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is sad to hear.
Good luck!
2019-6-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Oh goes, that looks bad, sorry to know that
2019-6-14
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

I've had kind of the same incident that happened to me a few years back, DJI didn't cover the crash..
Good luck to you.
2019-6-14
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Was obstacle avoidance active? Especially the part about flying backwards, maybe it detected something and then started to fly backwards, I turn those options off .
2019-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is very troubling to read your story and sorry for your loss. As you are very experienced, I just have some questions
1) is it possible you provided the wrong flight log to DJI?
1) Did you have the IMU and compass recently  calibrated for this area?
3) what was your Sats, radio and video signal showing at the time of your shoot?
4) OA turned on and working correctly?

It is odd that your flight record would show different stick movements (never heard of this) The only thing
I could think of is magnetic interference or radio jammed somehow.

Good luck and hope you find the cause of the problem.
All the best
Rich
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Reinis (SkyHighFilms). I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Inspire 2 and I am sorry for your loss. Since this incident happened I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-6-14
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very sorry to read that - hope it gets replaced soon
2019-6-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Could you share your flight logs here or possibly upload them to Airdata and share a link on here?

Mark G.
2019-6-16
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe, it's the "God systems" way of changing your course in life for their purpose, the greater purpose whether you like it or not.

I've been hearing a lot of these crazy loss of total control events from the Inspire 2.  I probably will never ever get one now.

Maybe the bottom camera and where the drone's actual orientation was, was different.  Maybe something happened that rotated it's orientation, distracted you from paying true attention, and you drove it into the wall unintentionally.

Upload the flight log to us so we could all see it otherwise we think you are hiding something.

If everything you say is true, then you should have nothing to hide despite what anyone would say.
2019-6-24
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

Your observation about this dust think in the right stick of a controler are right and propably tha was the reason of the crash. I had a similar situations, but not so extreme to can't stop my I2 before hit somethink.  
2019-6-26
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I looked as hard as I could and only see 3 props in the pics........if you lost a prop that would certainly account for the sudden directional change.....sorry to see this!

Randy
2019-7-12
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

A typical compass error situation.. The first thing to do when the drone starts drifting on its own, is to switch to ATTI-mode.
Then you can take control of it again..
2019-7-21
Use props
JanarK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345089 ft

Can you share your flight log?
2019-9-10
Use props
ElectricLife Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>

Sigh! So sad.
2019-9-16
Use props
bachir_photo_ph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20013228 ft
  • >>>

let us know the status
2019-9-16
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear this happened to you, but it's difficult to help without seeing the flight logs. I've never heard of dust causing temporary stick issues, but it is definitely possible for your controller to be faulty, in certain faults your control sticks will give commands without even being touched, however this isn't generally some temporary thing, it is either permanently faulty or requires a controller calibration. If you are worried about this you can check by powering only your controller and connecting to the DJI GO 4 app, selecting controller calibration and you can see stick inputs, make sure all the inputs are doing what they should and that it's not showing movement when it's not being touched.(Note don't actually do a calibration just look what the inputs show).

Hopefully you can be helped more after you post flight logs.
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules