INSPIRE 1
3373 25 2014-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'll be sticking with my Phantom 2 vision +......
As much as its a great product, I feel its more orientated to filming which is great, if your into that kind of thing.
18 mins of flight time! just doesn't cut the mustard for what I am trying to promote the phantom for.....

Incidentally, one of the uses was mentioned to be for first responders.......  Not sure where this has been field tested, but I for one wouldn't be trying to sell this as a lifesaving tool......  

Film industry is gonna love it though....

Good luck DJI ...

Now that your big launch is over and you have other focuses, any chance of a full availability of the parts for the Vision+?
Ribbon cable?????   For the existing units being used in real life, first responder roles......???
2014-11-12
Use props
alaskaflyboy
lvl.1

United States

I very much enjoyed the "launch" -- I was hoping to hear that they were going to announce at POI (point of interest) and a FM (follow me) flight mode for the Phantom series, as well as the new Inspire 1.    Nothing was mentioned about those two flight modes.   Does the Inspire 1 have that capability?    They didn't mention it.    The Go-Pro series cameras were made successful because people like to film themselves and their friends doing action sports.   That same group is looking at drone aerial film platforms to do the same thing, and to make that work easy means you need to have a platform with both flight modes.   Follow Me technology allows anybody to film a moving object, such as a wakeboarder or skateboarder or a boat or a motorbike.   And POI allows to gracefully fly around an object and keep the subject centered in the viewfinder.   That's what people want.   Other manufacturers are advertising those capabilities-so the BIG QUESTION is when/if DJI will offer that technology in a consumer priced platform.    I'd love to see it with the Phantom, and I hope its on the Inspire 1 as well.   The disappointment with the launch show was that nobody even mentioned those two big "elephants" that are central to what people are looking for.
2014-11-12
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

alaskaflyboy@me Posted at 2014-11-13 09:17
I very much enjoyed the "launch" -- I was hoping to hear that they were going to announce at POI (po ...

I think they should allow someone else a run on the design or capabilities for the next platform or update...
There's so much scope and yet they seem to be concentrating on filming in HD, great, but as you said others are on the right track as far as consumers requirements are concerned....
Anyone here a professional mapper?
2014-11-12
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I think the made a great product, can't wait to see it and try it before buying it. Just didn't like that the battery only last 18min
But still it looks amazing!
2014-11-12
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-11-13 09:36
I think the made a great product, can't wait to see it and try it before buying it. Just didn't like ...

I'll have to wait for real uncompressed 4K footage first.
This video is a nice intro to the product though!
http://vimeo.com/111596834
2014-11-12
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Looks like a pretty well round platform.   I'm sort of relieved its at that price point, so temptation does not get there better of me.  lol

The POI thing is a glaring omission, if it still exists.  This might turn out to be one of those "advanced" features reserved for a higher price point than the Phantom, or perhaps it will eventually spill over (if/when it even exists) to the Phantom.

I really don't see a ton of usefulness in "follow me".  A good photographer does not a camera make...  No matter how good the flight control system, automated shots will always look automated as compared to human eye guided shots.

Still a lot to learn and digest, but thus far, looks like a very nice platform.  
2014-11-12
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-13 09:38
I'll have to wait for real uncompressed 4K footage first.
This video is a nice intro to the produc ...

I agree with you!

But anyways they are innovating more, now they should focus in costumer care.( i haven't had trouble, but you read a lot about it)
2014-11-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Well said alaskaflyboy.  

Before I bought my first Phantom I backed a project on Kickstarter back in February called the Pocket Drone specifically because it was going to have autopilot and  "follow me" mode.  And this is essentially created by two guys (Timothy Reuter and TJ Johnson) presumably working out of their garage!  Latest update says it will be shipping this month so it looks like I'll be using that before DJI manages to cobble something together.
As an aside, it seems to me that the  Flight Attitude and Radar function along with the Dynamic Home Point would have the potential capability of performing that function.  I think DJI said during the Inspire1 launch that they were opening up the SDK so people could adapt their own stuff... (hint, hint, hint!)
2014-11-12
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

I think this shows off the camera quality a bit better than the others.
http://youtu.be/WYUrz8-JSJg
2014-11-12
Use props
Taliban_Beats
lvl.1

United States

The blackout the camera was experiencing in the launch vid had me like o.o
2014-11-12
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

Taliban, the blackout was when he was taking pictures, it probably cant livestream and take pictures at the same time.

But did you all se the vibration in the 4k uncut video? Looked awful, probably they are gonna fix that.

But why would i buy this one when im scared to fly the one im already own? I suppose it works the other way, when you are happy with some brand, you upgrade yourself in that brand.

AND, i think dji must look at how KYOSHO is doing business, they have been one of the all time biggest RC car manufacturers since, i dont know how long, like the 90s, or 80s. Look at all their spareparts, cheap it is, so people dare to buy their product because they know they can repair it. And most important of ALL, you can buy ALL, and i mean ALL spareparts..... thats basic, if i own something i want to be able to get spareparts and repair it.
2014-11-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

For me the launch lacked a bit of punch and showmanship or did I see the wrong video?  What was that bus wreck about - actually it may have summed it up.
I like the look, but all the things mentioned above would prevent me from buying.  Mainly the 18mins flying time and price.  I really would have liked a hexacopter - do I have to go elsewhere?  Haven't seen anything in hex worth having.
I'm happy with the Phantom 2 Vision at the moment, (another but) but given the feedback on this and other forums, I'm still undecided about going for the new Vision + Version 3.
2014-11-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

The first responder thing - I can see it being useful for observing fire situations and search on cliffs etc. if the weather conditions are good, but in bad weather and at night they would struggle.
2014-11-13
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

talk2t_c@hotmai Posted at 2014-11-13 19:34
The first responder thing - I can see it being useful for observing fire situations and search on cl ...

A little bit pointless making comment on video footage from the 4k camera unless of course you have a 4k monitor to view it on.
2014-11-13
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

From the beginning of the launch, i knew that it was going to be a new product release based on the flight over the crowd.
I did notice the blurred focus on the unit at the end and liked it unit overall.  The presenter did an excellent job presenting this but i laughed me ass off when he committed two unit on live air the the Myth buster Guys!!

I'm staying with my Phantom vision 2 plus and mastering it for now.

Good Lick DJI & I'll see you in the upgradeable future
2014-11-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

arhnem.digital@ Posted at 2014-11-13 21:25
A little bit pointless making comment on video footage from the 4k camera unless of course you hav ...

????????????????
2014-11-13
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

A "normal" monitor isn't going to display 4K video to its full advantage no matter how good the monitor.

That comes by viewing the video on a 4K capable system.
2014-11-13
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

gimbal control still looked jerky to me..either their pilot wasn't smooth, or the gimbal control is still clunky, wonder if they offer any expo control in the radio controls? looking at the product page, it seems like the camera cannot be changed form 94 degrees pov, which is disappointing.. my feeling is that for all of the awesome features, it's not the full package..possibly is just an pricey gimmick.
looks cool though..
2014-11-13
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2014-11-14 10:04
gimbal control still looked jerky to me..either their pilot wasn't smooth, or the gimbal control is  ...

You could tell both the pilot and presenter were really nervous. Ever try piloting a craft when your jittery with shaking thumbs?
My videos last winter look like that
But gotta admit..it looks like something from 2045!
http://youtu.be/WpGrd4VFjYY
2014-11-13
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2014-11-14 10:04
gimbal control still looked jerky to me..either their pilot wasn't smooth, or the gimbal control is  ...

Noticed that myself Punk especially when the landing gear was retracting, so much so that there's a good chance that little slice of video would be unusable.
2014-11-13
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-14 12:11
You could tell both the pilot and presenter were really nervous. Ever try piloting a craft when you ...

true..it just reminded me of what it's like trying to get  smooth tilt with the pv2 controls, virtually impossible. the dials on the side of the radio look promising, and I'd hoped that might sort it, but just seeing the video it looked like it was a struggle to make the camera angle tilt smoothly. I've always found it limiting on the dji radio that expo can't be tweaked to make the sticks softer around centre. If your flying in a straight line and want to bring on a pan, very hard to make it smooth.
the whole approach to gimbal control needs to be changed IMO, but maybe that was just nerves..would be nice to think they got that bit right
2014-11-13
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2014-11-14 12:51
true..it just reminded me of what it's like trying to get  smooth tilt with the pv2 controls, virt ...

Well I did notice they a camera lock feature so the camera can lock onto an object while you pan/circle the object which could make for interestin, smooth video.

2014-11-14
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-14 16:49
Well I did notice they a camera lock feature so the camera can lock onto an object while you pan/c ...

which is a nice feature.. but I'd still rather have controls that can be used smoothly and the ability to adjust expo on the sticks
2014-11-14
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

arhnem.digital@ Posted at 2014-11-14 09:50
A "normal" monitor isn't going to display 4K video to its full advantage no matter how good the mo ...

arhnem - I think your responses must be aimed at another thread.  I haven't mentioned a 'normal' monitor anywhere.
2014-11-14
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

I must say I am extremely excited about this launch.  My first interest in DJI products was for the ability to film small projects for the real estate industry.  I have been using my phantom 2 for a year now and as versatile and nimble it is, it was lacking in some departments.

I have been wanting to movie forward towards creating short films and corporate videos, but to purchase the S900 loaded up was a bit out of my reach.  I know that the inspire is not going to take place of a S900 (and what ever payload you want to film with), but it is in a price ranch that will allow me to test the waters and my skills in this industry.

DJI, love the creativity, would love a bit more support.
2014-11-14
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

The Film/TV guys (me) would only buy this IF they offer a Gopro gamble  The camera that it comes with is not much better then the one on the PTV2+.  Cant figure out who there market it. Some cool features for sure, but too expensive and UGLY!!
2014-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules