1023 1 2019-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi All:

I am a new Ronin S user.  I am attempting several type of shots without the use of the joystick: 1) Simple Panning and 2) Moving in/out from subject and panning at the same time.

The issue is that when I rotate my body to accomplish the pan, the Ronin S counter acts my move by yawing (panning) in the opposite direction.  Consequently, the action that I want which is to change the direction of the camera is defeated by equal and opposite action of the Ronin S.

I have attempted various SmoothTrack settings and modified the tuning parameters to get this to stop.  But nothing has worked.

Does anyone have helpful suggestions for me?

Sincerely,

Don Barar

BTW.  I am able to easily accomplish these actions with my Phantom 4 Pro.  When I rotate the aircraft to accomplish a panning shot, the Phantom maintains the camera pointing forward.
2019-6-14
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

I now a solution to my panning issue.

1) Set up custom profile in User 2
2) Smooth Track Parameters for Pan Axis
      a) Speed = High
      b) Deadband = 10
      c) Sensitivity = High

Now when I rotate my body (and the trigger not depressed), the Ronin S does not counter act my movement and points in the direction I am rotating.  Hence, I am able to complete a successful pan action.

Hope my experience helps others that might be have a similar issue.

Don Barar

Update:  To jumpy with a Sensitivity = High.  Medium is better but still not quite right correct.

2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules