CrystalSky Maps don't work
6313 11 2019-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HillbillyHotRod
lvl.1

United States

Tried downloading maps but just get a spinning circle & no maps to choose, the Mapbox area is black no matter which type of map you choose. Looked at posts & videos,nothing works,if there's an easy fix would be great, otherwise I'll send it back & get an Ipad,spent the extra money on the CrystalSky because it's supposed to work. Second DJI product that doesn't work right out of the box,1st P4P didn't work at all & now always some sort of issues with GO4 app even on DJI's own over priced tablet.
2019-6-14
Use props
US Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111017 ft
United States

I'm having the exact same issue. Spinning circle with no maps to select.
2019-6-23
Use props
US Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111017 ft
United States

US Drones Posted at 6-23 10:07

Actually, I just upgraded the DJI Go 4 app to the newest version and the problem is fixed. The spinning circle is gone and I can select an area to download.
2019-6-23
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

US Drones Posted at 6-23 10:15
Actually, I just upgraded the DJI Go 4 app to the newest version and the problem is fixed. The spinning circle is gone and I can select an area to download.

whats the latest go4 version for crystal sky at the moment?
2019-6-23
Use props
HillbillyHotRod
lvl.1

United States

It is the latest version on it, it's getting sent back & getting an Ipad, DJI is the worst for customer support & it's not like we're buying cheap junk, it's expensive junk.
2019-6-25
Use props
HillbillyHotRod
lvl.1

United States

I got it working, without being connected to remote I went into Settings,Apps & stopped any DJI  apps from running(everything with DJI & system updater),cleared all cache & data from them also. I reopened DJI GO4  still disconnected, clicked on the ME button at bottom right,then into Settings,cleared the Cache there, then checked for Update & it finally updated & maps work,without the maps working it wouldn't let me know if in restricted areas which there is bunch near me & needed that. Hope that works for you,mine is still going back,ridiculous how you can't get support from a company when you just spent $1000 on a piece of junk tablet, I'm regretting ever buying anything DJI but went off what I read online & trouble started from day 1 on anything DJI. If I hadn't spent a bunch of money when I bought the P4P they wouldn't have swapped it out, it wouldn't even turn on brand new out of the box,always had issues with Go4 app on the different tablets & phones I tried,read how stable CrystalSky is, TOTAL LIE,have never been able to get any support from DJI. If you're reading this thinking of buying ANY of their products do yourself a favor & DON'T,you'll regret it.
2019-6-26
Use props
Gphinney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53054 ft
Canada

Just do an update!

it's that easy.
2019-9-1
Use props
Szekhely
New
Australia

I had the same problem, software appears to be up to date but following HillbillyHotRod's direction I found there is an update and I know have a map of sorts - why on earth would they use anything other than Google maps? I have no option to look at satellite imagary, just a map.  looks like I'm loading Litchi!
2019-11-20
Use props
fans8e6784cd
lvl.1

Canada

US Drones Posted at 2019-6-23 10:07

Me too. Only black and spinning download page for ever.
2023-3-28
Use props
fans8e6784cd
lvl.1

Canada

HillbillyHotRod Posted at 2019-6-26 04:22
I got it working, without being connected to remote I went into Settings,Apps & stopped any DJI  apps from running(everything with DJI & system updater),cleared all cache & data from them also. I reopened DJI GO4  still disconnected, clicked on the ME button at bottom right,then into Settings,cleared the Cache there, then checked for Update & it finally updated & maps work,without the maps working it wouldn't let me know if in restricted areas which there is bunch near me & needed that. Hope that works for you,mine is still going back,ridiculous how you can't get support from a company when you just spent $1000 on a piece of junk tablet, I'm regretting ever buying anything DJI but went off what I read online & trouble started from day 1 on anything DJI. If I hadn't spent a bunch of money when I bought the P4P they wouldn't have swapped it out, it wouldn't even turn on brand new out of the box,always had issues with Go4 app on the different tablets & phones I tried,read how stable CrystalSky is, TOTAL LIE,have never been able to get any support from DJI. If you're reading this thinking of buying ANY of their products do yourself a favor & DON'T,you'll regret it.

I have the same problem. I even sent it back to get told I had to pay for a new motherboard. $600. No maps. Yay!
2023-3-28
Use props
fans8e6784cd
lvl.1

Canada

HillbillyHotRod Posted at 2019-6-26 04:22

Didn’t work
2023-3-28
Use props
RachelGomez
lvl.1

India

Power on the CrystalSky, enter System Settings > System Update, click Local Update on the top-right corner. The latest firmware will show on Micro SD card. Click Update to start updating.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules