Phantom 3 Professional Bug with recording !!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

Phantom 3 Professional Bug with recording !!!

Phantom 3 Professional
Firmware v1.1.9
DJI Pilot App Android Version v1.1.0
SDcard from DJI formated
video: 4096x2160 24p
PAL

if you make a long recording, Phantom is divided into files 4Gb. i know this is normal.
but if you combine this files, record lost about half a second of time (maybe a little less) and it is very important to me!
between files little time jump

2015-6-8
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mmm not seen this with my video but not really looked for it. Is it definetly LOOSING a short period of time form the video or does the second clip contain a little but of video from the end of the first one?
Can you post the last 10 seconds of the first video and the first 10 seconds of the second one for us to see? Instead of using video editing software, you can just "cut" the relevant bit of video using AviDemux and save it and that does not require "re encoding" of the video, quick and easy - http://www.videohelp.com/software/AviDemux . Maybe post it on dropbox or similar.

I will need to test this and see if its a common bug. Thanks for reporting it

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-8
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

2015-6-8
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mine has the same issue.
2015-6-8
Use props
DanH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315177 ft
France

Hi,

Did you try with an ExFat formatted card ?
The limit of 4GB per file is a FAT32 limit !
2015-6-8
Use props
kudlaty
lvl.1

Poland

DanH Posted at 2015-6-8 20:36
Hi,

Actually it is a "feature" of P3. Regardless of file systemused, it divides the video to chunks of 4GB. Even with exFAT.
2015-6-8
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

DanH Posted at 2015-6-8 20:36
Hi,

i formatted my SD card in Phantom only.
all my Photo/Video equipment do same, but without this bug !!!
check your Phantom

2015-6-8
Use props
DanH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315177 ft
France

romansu2 Posted at 2015-6-8 21:13
i formatted my SD card in Phantom only.
all my Photo/Video equipment do same, but without this bug  ...

Hi,

You are right... I tested this afternoon and have the same issue with exFAT formatted card.
Definitely a bug then !

Dan
2015-6-8
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-8
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Yes mine does the same, but I haven't noticed the small "break" in the videos yet.
2015-6-8
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

john.lambert4@o Posted at 2015-6-9 07:40
Yes mine does the same, but I haven't noticed the small "break" in the videos yet.

in video editor, for example Adobe Premier, when viewing a video frame by frame very well be seen
2015-6-8
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

I want to know the official answer. DJI aware of this problem? DJI administration can reply to this topic?
2015-6-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Hi Can you pls upload the original video footages and send it to autumn.a@dji.com? I can report the issue and send them the files to investigate.
2015-6-9
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

very interesting!
2015-6-9
Use props
hot08busa
New

United States

Need help can't get my p3 to save video to sd card please help
2015-6-13
Use props
dji.paradise201
New

United States

I think I can see the missing frames too, regardless, maybe it helps to have clips in chunks in case of a problem closing the file (ie crash), but it's a pain in the butt otherwise.  Could the Phantom join them together automatically when the stop recording button is pressed, or when it lands, etc?
2015-6-21
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

I want to remind that with firmware 1.2.6 "dropped frames" problem still persists
2015-6-24
Use props
filohk
New

Hong Kong

I had a 9 min flight, p3p divided my video recording into two files, the first one being 4G, what really troubled me is for the last 1 min towards the end of recording, the video just froze and I lost my last min recording. does this happen to anyone?
2015-8-29
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I have videos that  are 15 and 17 min long...they aren't "broken" into pieces???
2015-8-29
Use props
romansu
lvl.2
Latvia

I was waiting for new firmware, but the situation has not changed.
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 the problem is still present.
someone from the officials dji could comment on the issue?

1) manufacturer considers this a bug or not?
2) whether this problem is resolved in the new firmware or not?

P.S. In such situations, I lose some frames and it is very important to me
2015-9-28
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105955 ft
United States

Just chiming in here.   This bug just ruined a rather critical shot for me.        It's losing about 12 frames between each file.   
Please fix this!    I've had many other HD cameras that split long vids into multiple files, and the transition was either
seamless or there was a slight bit of overlap, I could remove in post.   Losing nearly half a second of video is unacceptable.  
2015-10-18
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I can't say that I've noticed a problem across multiple files at 1080p - not tried it at 4K yet...
2015-10-19
Use props
Rick-Mattie
lvl.1

United States

I have a P3P. Shooting 4K will give you about 9:20 minutes per 4GB of video. It does skip about ½ second when it develops the next file. That skip will cause problems for people that do recored over 9:20 minutes.

Gopro's record seamlessly between files.

I have tested this with 3 different micro SD cards and speeds. 16, 32 and 64. All with the same results.

I do have the latest updates on everything as of 10/25.

So far my shoots are under the 9:20 minutes but I am shooting a outdoor wedding in Nov so it maybe a problem.

DJI, I hope its an easy but needed fix.........Soon.
2015-10-25
Use props
TonyByte
lvl.1

United States

This is ridiculous. I have $2k in products from DJI and can't simply put two clips together seamlessly in Premiere? I don't even see DJI acknowledging the problem anywhere. ? This goes back for like 6 months? My video is unusable. The media browser solution does not work. Converting does not work.
2015-11-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Do we know for sure that this is still occurring? With recent upgrades in firmware this problem may have been addressed.
2015-11-27
Use props
TonyByte
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-28 02:35
Do we know for sure that this is still occurring? With recent upgrades in firmware this problem may  ...

I have the latest firmware and it's occurring.
2015-11-28
Use props
macwise7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30869 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue with my Inspire.  Is there a resolution yet?  Here's another thread where it is being discussed:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16432-1-1.html
2016-2-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

SpunOne69 Posted at 2015-8-29 18:20
I have videos that  are 15 and 17 min long...they aren't "broken" into pieces???

If you shoot at lower res it is possible to have unbroken video file.  But at max res,  it will divide into 4 gig chunks.  It is not the time of the video,  but the resolution.
2016-2-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

A possible,  though maybe not desirable solution would be to use the video cached in your device to fill in the missing piece.  If it is only 1/2 second,  it may not even be noticeable.  A pain in the but to do this,  but it would probably work somewhat.
2016-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

macwise7@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-18 07:36
I'm having the same issue with my Inspire.  Is there a resolution yet?  Here's another thread where  ...

This is still happening, it has not changed. The issue is a file size limitation and the same thing happens with other cameras like the GoPro. However the other manufacturers, while they split the files, do manage to do it without losing material in the gap. It is one of those things DJI should fix.
2016-2-17
Use props
macwise7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30869 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're right Geebax, while pretty much every manufacturer splits files, they do so seamlessly. DJI is the exception in this case, not the rule.
2016-2-17
Use props
cbluebeard
New

United States

I also have the same problem.  My P3 Advanced videos do not stitch together seamlessly.  Useless video.  Please address this issue, DJI.
2016-3-31
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

It's over 12 months since this issue was reported and still no fix? I've just noticed this bug today when attempting to stitch together my video files. Why can't DJI have an option to allow us (the customers who pay for this product) the ability to choose whether we want segmented video files or larger single span files? This is crazy! These dropped frames make continuous videos useless! There's absolutely no technical reason why files larger than 4GB can't be written to exFAT formatted SD cards.

Please make this a priority to fix DJI!
2016-9-26
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-26 15:25
its been going on for a long time because its not an issue, its the file system used on the p3.  ...

My apologies but you don't know what you're talking about. There's no filesystem on the P3, the filesystem is created on the SD card and that filesystem is either FAT32 or exFAT. The P3 writes video data to that filesystem. This is a bug from a user experience point of view despite your assertion. It is unnecessary to have a file break on exFAT and introducing this file break and its frame loss is far from acceptable when this is supposed to be a video platform.

They've most likely implemented this unintelligent file break at 4GB to ensure that it doesn't violate the FAT32 filesystem restrictions without actually confirming/analysing if the card has been formatted as exFAT (doesn't have the 4GB file restriction).
2016-9-26
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

gyrex Posted at 2016-9-26 19:24
My apologies but you don't know what you're talking about. There's no filesystem on the P3, the fi ...

you seem to have all the answers, suggest it to DJI and see what happens
2016-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules