Video quality in D-Log and None mode
1156 4 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
varsent
lvl.2
Ukraine

Starting from today I tried different video modes on M2P. As far as I see it's different for some reason when I'm using D-Log (with initial color grade) and without any color profiles while shooting a videos. Photos are attached.

shot_190615_191157.jpg

Why image quiality is so different? If I'm not using any colour profiles I'm getting better image quality. Does somebody experincing the same issue?

Thanks
2019-6-15
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and thanks for sharing these images to us. D-Log is a greyscale mode created for post-production. D-Log mode can provide a higher dynamic range, more scene details, and lowest contrast and sharpness, which offers more color editing freedom. Log mode is also the standard for film and television industry processes while the normal mode is to record videos or images in regular Rec.709, suitable for basic situations where coloring is not required. The color in this mode is standard and there is no stylization tendency. Hope this will clarify your query to us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-15
Use props
varsent
lvl.2
Ukraine

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I'm known what D-Log is and how it works. I'm just curious about different sharpen and details of the videos. I can even increase sharpen of the video but it does't gives me the same quality as on the video with no post editing. Probably I've missed something
2019-6-16
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

You need to add sharpness during the editing process. D-Log is a flat profile and has been stripped of any Contrast, Saturation & Sharpness. The Normal profile has already those ‘attributes’ digitally applied, the same goes for the distortion correction.
2019-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules