Mavic Pro Gymal died!
1119 16 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Flight distance : 259413 ft
Australia

I was hoping to pick brains here guys if anyone can help.  

I was flying my Mavic Pro yesterday when it showed an orange error msg top left of screen saying something along the lines of 'gymbal wabble' and sure enough the picture on my phone was wabbling away 90% of the time.  I was about 1000m away and then all of a sudden I lost footage on my phone so hit 'return home' which it did without a fault but I couldnt see anything on my phone.  I landed and then took off again and noticed the gymbal was facing down and not moving when I used wheel to do so, also nothing on my phone screen.  Several reboots and it appears my gymbal has died.  Now is there any way to check what's goin on?  It appears fine and I can't see a ribbon popping out or anything but yeah would really appreciate any pointers on if there's anything I can try ?!?

2019-6-15
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The first thing I would do is clean the gimbal as there may be a build up of dust or dirt in the motors. If still persists then try refreshing the firmware and calibrate the gimbal - if still no joy then the gimbal motors may have died and you'll likely need to return the drone to DJI for repair or replacement.
2019-6-16
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks, ill give that a try...
2019-6-16
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine did that brand new out of the box. Worked with DJI repair, no luck. I ended up sending it back and they sent me a new one.
2019-6-16
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

OK took top cover off earlier and checked all ribbon cable conne tors and the power cable and all seem fine.  I can't see any dust or dirt anywhere in the gymbal or anywhere really so have no idea.  When I boot it I get the DJI sound and motors twitch as they always did but the gymbal doesn't move at all, it's dead!

Can I not check logs or something to see what has happened?
2019-6-17
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

Pauldw100 Posted at 6-17 03:08
OK took top cover off earlier and checked all ribbon cable conne tors and the power cable and all seem fine.  I can't see any dust or dirt anywhere in the gymbal or anywhere really so have no idea.  When I boot it I get the DJI sound and motors twitch as they always did but the gymbal doesn't move at all, it's dead!

Would this be what I'm after?
Screenshot_20190617-210952_eBay.jpg
2019-6-17
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

Pauldw100 Posted at 6-17 03:08

Or this anyone?
Screenshot_20190617-212134_eBay.jpg
2019-6-17
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

I pulled the top off and nothing looks out of place to my untrained eye.  

Anyone see anything out of place?

2019-7-1
Use props
RatFink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39298 ft
United States

I am in the process right now replacing the ribbon cables myself. it doesn't take much to damage these cables. At the same time I am replacing the anti vibration board while its apart. Rubber bands get old. So far it is pretty easy task Plenty of youtube channels to walk you thru
2019-7-1
Use props
RatFink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39298 ft
United States

Pauldw100 Posted at 7-1 03:52
I pulled the top off and nothing looks out of place to my untrained eye.  

Anyone see anything out of place?

Its what you don't see. That's where my pinch point was
2019-7-1
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

Ok how did it all go?  Yeah I've changed ribbon cables on a Phantom 4 and that was quite involved from memory, or very fiddly bit of it was one I'd certainly give it a go.  How do I know tho or do I just change the cheapest and go from there,  or as I posted earlier I've seen the whole gymbal on ebay for $120 odd...

Advice much appreciated as missing me drone...
2019-7-11
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

Pauldw100 Posted at 6-17 03:10
Would this be what I'm after?

So new gymbal arrived today with new ribbon and flex cable.  put into drone and STILL nothing on the phone to see.  the gymbal doesnt do the twitch thnig when powered up, its just dead!

Do I sell it or any advice guys?
2019-8-13
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Err your drone is water damaged, i mean that's probably not a coincidence, you probably have a corroded connector for the gimbal or something along those lines.
2019-8-14
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-14 00:34
Err your drone is water damaged, i mean that's probably not a coincidence, you probably have a corroded connector for the gimbal or something along those lines.

Different drone.  Both Mavic Pro but this isn't the water damaged one..
2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pauldw100 Posted at 6-16 16:24
Thanks, ill give that a try...

You're welcome
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It might be the ribbon motor cable that can easily be changed and doesn't cost that much money to replace..
2019-8-17
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I think that problem is in gimbal board because you do not see the picture and gimbal motors are not running. Gibal board is about 50$ US or to be sure buy a new gibal (not refurbished) for 250$.

Good luck !
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules