YAW ERROR, IMU HEADING ERROR, ATTI MODE, COMPASS ERROR.
3081 23 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

Since day one my experience with Spark was awfull. I had to send a brand new controller to be fixed.
Recentlu I have recieved Care Refresh Spark and its going bananas.
It went into ATTI mode again and all the erros appeard.
Have a look at flight record, 40.3s GPS Position NoMatch, 1.12s Yaw Error, 4m3.9s weak GPS signal.
Should I send it back to DJokeI again?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/DOPBAHXX8ZI196HOUW6F/

IMG_7347.PNG
2019-6-16
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Tomasz,

That's terrible...
Does Sparky have the current firmware? Have you tried to calibrate the IMU? Have you tried reflashing it?
If all fails, I'm afraid you've got one of the really bad birds and you'll need to get it replaced.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-6-17
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wolferl Posted at 6-17 02:24
Hi Tomasz,

That's terrible...

Hi Wolfer, Thank you for your reply.

I was lucky to get it back actually.
Software is up to date.
I have calibrated IMU once I opened the box and it raised the suspicion as it was a very long process, especially first step.
Then before maiden flight I did compass calibration(on the beach).
What i noticed on day one that it was slowly drifting, I did all the calibration once again. Nothing changed.
I was just chatting with online support, and once again it ended up that I will have to send it back.
It looks like my DJI experience is jinxed.
Quite funny how admins stay quiet in this kind of situations.
All the best!

T.
2019-6-17
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 6-17 02:45
Hi Wolfer, Thank you for your reply.

I was lucky to get it back actually.

Hi Tomasz,

Lets hope the replacement bird behaves better :-)

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-6-17
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

And thats how it drifts:
2019-6-17
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Sorry about the drift issue - at 16 seconds in your video, what is that a picture of?  It looks surreal.
2019-6-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Edit: Deleted b/c not awake when answered! Appology!
2019-6-17
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MccloudSpark Posted at 6-17 20:29
Sorry about the drift issue - at 16 seconds in your video, what is that a picture of?  It looks surreal.

Great Polish Map of Scotland is a large three-dimensional, outdoor concrete scale model of Scotland, its 40/50M. Nice bit of history behind that that lovely thing.
2019-6-18
Use props
fans25dcc8eb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

New to the forum. I’m having major issues with my spark.
Been fine for months. Randomly went haywire and stopped responding. Flew off and eventually landed itself in a field about 500m away. Lucky I know.
Since then I’m having IMU heading error, please restart aircraft
Compass error. Exit P-GPS mode
Spark was a present so I don’t have a receipt. On the box it has manufactured date as 09/2018 so it’s deffo not 12 months old. I got it in March as a present.
I’ve tried calibrating IMU and compass. Compass in middle of a field and IMU on perfectly level surface.
Any ideas or send it back to DJI.

Cheers.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tomasz, sorry for the late response and the drone didn't work great when you got it back from the repair center. Upon checking the case, you have sent in again and the drone is waiting to be checked-in the system, our repair team will evaluate the drone as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2019-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans25dcc8eb Posted at 6-22 07:11
New to the forum. I’m having major issues with my spark.
Been fine for months. Randomly went haywire and stopped responding. Flew off and eventually landed itself in a field about 500m away. Lucky I know.
Since then I’m having IMU heading error, please restart aircraft

Hi there, we apologize for the troubles with the drone, was the drone involved in any hard landing? Did the IMU calibration and compass calibration work? If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the production date that shows on the product.
2019-6-23
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, thanks for reply, it looks like there was something wrong with it.
Today I have recieved an emial from DJI.
I have to admit that despite of loving that little drone, there is a bit of dissapointment about quality of this product, is it because is one of the cheapest in the line?
Does stuff light that happens to Mavic, Phantom or Inspire? This forum is full of stories like mine.
Firstly controller, now drone, and I had it only for 3 months.
I'm very lucky that I managed to get it back actually. I wonder how many people lost their birds because simmilar issue.
I hope the future with ,,another" Spark will be much more luckier.
Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 19.24.23.png
2019-6-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 6-18 08:22
[view_image] Great Polish Map of Scotland is a large three-dimensional, outdoor concrete scale model of Scotland, its 40/50M. Nice bit of history behind that that lovely thing.

Was this really taken with the Spark?
2019-6-24
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

You went pretty high with it. I've heard others mentioning controller antenna positions, or also wind at that height could of knocked the signal down. I've after you got the error messages you still climbed from 290ft to 320ft.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 6-24 10:36
Hi Mindy, thanks for reply, it looks like there was something wrong with it.
Today I have recieved an emial from DJI.
I have to admit that despite of loving that little drone, there is a bit of dissapointment about quality of this product, is it because is one of the cheapest in the line?

Sorry for the late response, this is not the experience we want you to have with us, your drone has been replaced and shipped out, hope it works great this time. We will also keep improving our product. If this is any other problem, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2019-6-28
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-24 20:24
Was this really taken with the Spark?

Yes, that was Spark
2019-7-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much time did you spend in post?
2019-7-1
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DEAR MODERATORS, PLEASE ADVISE.
,,Repaired" drone is terrible, still same issues, who tests them? Stevie Wonder?
I dont want to keep it anymore, and I dont want to have anything to do with Reapir Centre cowboy technicians.
It goes into ATTI with 20 satelites in the middle of the beach, or somewhere in the field miles away from anything, no trees, houses or metal objects..
Also it drifts, which makes recording of choosen subject impossible.
How can I return it? its 4 months old, website (Official Apple) wont accept it due to different SE number than on the box.
DJI you are an nigtmare to deal with it!
IMG_7656.PNG
IMG_7647.PNG
IMG_7655.PNG
2019-7-9
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-1 14:29
How much time did you spend in post?

About a week, actually it was a waste of my time. Thinking of getting rid of the spark.
2019-7-10
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29806 ft
Australia

Well I had a simula problem , I had a phone case for my i phone and it had a magnetic lock on it. When I packed every thing in the Spark case ,the  the phone was lying right on top of the Spark with the magnet lock on top of the GPS. I changed the magnetic lock to Velcro and I had no more problem ,
2019-7-11
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hannes1 Posted at 7-11 00:41
Well I had a simula problem , I had a phone case for my i phone and it had a magnetic lock on it. When I packed every thing in the Spark case ,the  the phone was lying right on top of the Spark with the magnet lock on top of the GPS. I changed the magnetic lock to Velcro and I had no more problem ,

There is a silicone case on my phone, good thought.
I'm just abot to send it back again to the ,,cowboys'' in Holland, thats the same people who ,,tested" it twice to make sure it matches the quality of the brand new product. It clearly not matching it.
Trying to talk and get some support from DJI is pointless, they will tell you to open the case. Its a third case within 4 months. Sick of it already.
2019-7-11
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 7-9 11:51
DEAR MODERATORS, PLEASE ADVISE.
,,Repaired" drone is terrible, still same issues, who tests them? Stevie Wonder?
I dont want to keep it anymore, and I dont want to have anything to do with Reapir Centre cowboy technicians.

There are various conditions which can affect GPS signal.
Even if you have multiple satellites visible, signal can be weak for multiple reasons (weather, satellite positions, obstruction of signal etc.).
It is clear from your screen shots that your Spark sees enough satellites but "thinks" that it is not getting strong enough signal to lock in to maintain position. If you tried to fly it in various places, as you said you did, I'd suggest that your Spark has a faulty GPS receiver.  What Hannes1 suggested with the magnetic lock, would have impacted your compass and your Spark could have kept switching to ATTI due to compass issues, but should not have affected GPS.

In any case, my bet is that your IMU (and in particular - GPS signal receiver) is faulty. This probably warrants replacement of Spark's motherboard. Weird that this happened to you again with a refurbished Spark. Perhaps you are right about "DJI cowboys" :-)

Good luck!

Mirek
2019-7-19
Use props
fans25dcc8eb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-23 19:22
Hi there, we apologize for the troubles with the drone, was the drone involved in any hard landing? Did the IMU calibration and compass calibration work? If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the production date that shows on the product.

Hi Mindy,

I can’t get the receipt unfortunately. I’m guessing it took abit of a knock when it landed in the field after going Haywire. It hasn’t had that much air time before that.
Is there anything that can be done, it’s not even 12 months old and is now unusable as I don’t trust it to not fly off again.
As soon as return home activates or I press return home as the spark turns round it goes haywire and I get the IMU heading error and it goes into atti mode.
Please advise what next steps to take as I can’t afford to be paying dji hundreds of pounds to repair it when a fault initially caused it to crash.

Thanks
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans25dcc8eb Posted at 8-30 10:59
Hi Mindy,

I can’t get the receipt unfortunately. I’m guessing it took abit of a knock when it landed in the field after going Haywire. It hasn’t had that much air time before that.

Thanks for getting back, please connect to DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware, if the issue persists, it is recommended to contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send in for further evaluation and test.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules