Battery Prep for long term storage (M2P)
1011 5 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

I will be unable to fly my M2P for at least 6 months while I recover from a medical issue (probably longer). Any ideas on what the best long term storage strategy of batteries would be? I was thinking of taking them down to zero (running the M2P until the battery can no longer even turn on the LEDS). Or should I leave a residual charge on them? Charge them to 100% and recharge periodically?  ???
Same thing for standard controller.

I have three batteries and could of course just buy three new batteries when ready to fly again.

Another option to consider is instead of storing the M2P is to sell it now while I can still get a premimum value in the hopes that a new M series comes out with "gotta have" new features.

Thanks!

Jim
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jim. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please refer to the screenshot below on how to properly store the DJI intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the  intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf

2019-6-16
Use props
Studio 135
lvl.1
United States

Stephen, Im hoping you can elaborate on #6. Im specifically curious about not transporting a battery with a power level higher than 30%. What constitutes "transport"? I usually charge my 3 batteries up to full capacity before I drive/bike somewhere to shoot. Is this not suggested? Typically at what distance or perhaps altitude would transporting a battery at full capacity become problematic?
2019-6-17
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Studio 135 Posted at 6-17 11:14
Stephen, Im hoping you can elaborate on #6. Im specifically curious about not transporting a battery with a power level higher than 30%. What constitutes "transport"? I usually charge my 3 batteries up to full capacity before I drive/bike somewhere to shoot. Is this not suggested? Typically at what distance or perhaps altitude would transporting a battery at full capacity become problematic?

I'm guessing by transport, they are talking about shipping through the mail, or air plane travel. I and I think everyone drives to their sites with the batteries fully charged. To do otherwise, long if any, flights would be nonexistence.
2019-6-17
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 15:22
Hello and good day Jim. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please refer to the screenshot below on how to properly store the DJI intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the  intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180823/Mavic_2_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_EN.pdf

Thanks Stephen! So as I understand it, the M2x batteries and be stored for long periods of time even though at the start of the storage they may be at 100%. After a period of time (10 days, doesn't really matter) they will begin to self discharge to 60%. Keep them dry and at reasonable temperatures and it's then a done deal. Just as a precaution it will keep them away from flammable objects and in separate LIPO bags. Apparently keeping them charged is NOT an issue for battery life so I'm good to go!
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NightThunder Posted at 6-17 11:57
Thanks Stephen! So as I understand it, the M2x batteries and be stored for long periods of time even though at the start of the storage they may be at 100%. After a period of time (10 days, doesn't really matter) they will begin to self discharge to 60%. Keep them dry and at reasonable temperatures and it's then a done deal. Just as a precaution it will keep them away from flammable objects and in separate LIPO bags. Apparently keeping them charged is NOT an issue for battery life so I'm good to go!

You are very much welcome Jim and thank you for these additional information you have shared with us today. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules