Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MA moto race video. Critiques/advice?
1517 8 2019-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dakar Enduro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

Only 2nd MA video I've done.  Was wondering from any other pilots that capture sports events, what recommendations you might have on my angles, exposure, etc.  The landscape is pretty desolate and void of colors so I did my best to capture the event and get creative angles to make it somewhat interesting.

2019-6-17
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't do sport events myself but this cool - good work
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to shooting on this particular event. We appreciate sharing your work with us! Nicely done.
2019-6-17
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Cool video!
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice video, I think you can add some footage of chasing an object. The angle of overlooking is very good. It can be increased appropriately.
Elettrone78, one of our forum user has shared a thread before, it might help you a little bit.
Offroad In Lanzarote with Jeep Wrangler
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=191308
2019-6-18
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The first thing you can do is avoid flying over people heads, then you could actually try and chase motorbikes from behind from high up but not too high, maybe 10 to 15m from above the ground level with the camera 30 to 45 degrees pointing at the ground with the mavic in sport mode and watching your screen rather than the drone it self to help you keep the subject in the frame.
Just check that at your altitude you are totally free of obstacles otherwise you can't absolutely fly by watching the screen.
In the next months I'll share some info on how to do sport events with consumer drones.
Have fun and fly safe.
2019-7-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-19 15:10
The first thing you can do is avoid flying over people heads, then you could actually try and chase motorbikes from behind from high up but not too high, maybe 10 to 15m from above the ground level with the camera 30 to 45 degrees pointing at the ground with the mavic in sport mode and watching your screen rather than the drone it self to help you keep the subject in the frame.
Just check that at your altitude you are totally free of obstacles otherwise you can't absolutely fly by watching the screen.
In the next months I'll share some info on how to do sport events with consumer drones.

Great advice
2019-8-21
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

I know nothing about filming sporting events.
However I think you did a good job on the footage
2019-8-22
Use props
Dakar Enduro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

Thanks. It is a steep learning curve
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now