Connecting mavic air controller with ipad via wifi
4812 2 2019-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic0051
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, new to drones and i was wondering if i could connect my mavic air controller to an ipad through wifi rather than cable?
I've read that it is possible with Spark but couldn't find any info to clarify this with MA RC, the reason is to have the port free so i can connect to dji goggles as i cannot connect both iphone/ipad and dji goggles at the same time.
Thanks
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the remote controller of the Mavic Air doesn't support wi-fi connection, however, you could connect your iPad directly to the drone via wi-fi but the flight would be limited to 80m distance and 50m height. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-17
Use props
mavic0051
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks a lot, i tried many times connecting dji goggles and iphone on the remote by connecting iphone first to pair for initial setup and then disconnect the iphone to connect the dji goggles, i know that both can't be connected simultaneously, but when want to revert back to the iphone 98% of the times won't reconnect, and all the firmwares are the latest. This is an issue a part from other limitation of dji goggles with mavic air such as being locked to Live View  720p only. These are making mavic air a toy like many other drones out there but  just a bit bigger n more modern in design and this won't justify for its price (in my opinion)
2019-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules