Controller won't connect to DJI Go app
19691 26 2019-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

After updating my Phantom 3 Pro to the latest firmware version my controller won't connect to the DJI Go app.  The light on the controller is green and the light on the drone is green.  The controller still starts up the motors and controls the camera but I can't see anything in the app.  I have tried different USB cable to connect the controller to my iPhone X and iPad Mini 4 but it still doesn't work.  I goggled the problem and found a solution of holding the C1, C2 and video playback buttons at the same time until the controller light turns blue and then hit the reset button on the drone but the light would never turn blue.  This is obviously a firmware update issue but when I contacted DJI customer service, the help person couldn't give me a solution.  Any ideas?
2019-6-17
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

is your sd card inserted? it won't show as connected if out.
2019-6-17
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

Tree Wolf Posted at 6-17 07:57
is your sd card inserted? it won't show as connected if out.

Yes, sd card inserted.  I deleted the bin file off after I updated.
2019-6-17
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

I saw on another thread about a firmware update of version 1.11.30 and the dji download page shows latest is version 1.11.20.  It says the .30 version fixes an Esc error problem.  Do you think this would fix my problem and if so, could someone give me a link or email me the upgrade?
2019-6-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Forget 1.11.30 ... its purely to fix ESC to Motor problem.

Start up sequence :

1. With all powered off
2. Power up tablet / phone but leave on desktop .. DO NOT START GO ....  DO NOT CONNECT CABLE
3. Power up Controller
4. Power up Drone
5. WAIT for green light on controller
6. Green light on controller ... NOW plug in cable from controller to tablet / phone.
7. With Android it will now ask if you want to start GO etc. With Ipad - I assume it has a similar sort of message ?

Common error is people starting up out of sequence and then GO doesn't connect.
2019-6-17
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

I have powered them up in the correct sequence.  With Apple products, it does not start up the DJI Go app when you plug in the cable from the controller, you have to manually open the app.  
2019-6-17
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

Even so, I have powered everything up in the sequence you gave above and the controller and drone both have solid green lights and I can start the motors and adjust the camera, it just doesn't connect to the DJI Go app.
2019-6-17
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

Does DJI have folks that read this forum and gives answers?  Or do they just let all of their customers answer the questions for them?
2019-6-17
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

OK, I think the problem is my USB port on the controller.  How can I check to see if it is working?  I downloaded the version 1.11.20 on a thumb drive and plugged into the controller and turned it on but nothing happens.  I can't check the version on my controller because it won't connect to the DJI Go app.  
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi FredFogg, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, have you tried to reinstall the APP to check? If the issue remains after changing several working cables and recommended mobile devices, it might be the issue USB port of the remote controller. In this kind of situation, we sincerely suggest you start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-6-18
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the response Susan!  Yes, I have reinstalled the APP, used multiple cables (even bought a new one) and tried multiple mobile devices.  I called the local place that advertises fixing drones and they said it is a known DJI issue with the latest firmware upgrade.  So, where can I go to get the previous firmware to load on all of my devices and how do I go about doing that since it will ABORT and tell me that I am trying to load an older version.  At least with the older version I can use the drone.
2019-6-19
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-18 18:41
Hi FredFogg, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, have you tried to reinstall the APP to check? If the issue remains after changing several working cables and recommended mobile devices, it might be the issue USB port of the remote controller. In this kind of situation, we sincerely suggest you start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

And where do I send it in for diagnosis? And could someone please give me an answer to the question I ask previously about how to load prior firmware versions?
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FredFogg Posted at 6-20 02:15
And where do I send it in for diagnosis? And could someone please give me an answer to the question I ask previously about how to load prior firmware versions?

I'm sorry that Phantom 3 Pro doesn't support to downgrade the firmware. As for sending in, please kindly refer to the above link to start a case, and there will be guidelines to send the unit in. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-6-20
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-20 23:19
I'm sorry that Phantom 3 Pro doesn't support to downgrade the firmware. As for sending in, please kindly refer to the above link to start a case, and there will be guidelines to send the unit in. Thanks for your understanding.

If DJI won't provide a way to downgrade from their software that makes the unit unable to fly correctly and won't provide a fix to their firmware and the software comes up when you start everything up and tells you to upgrade then I think it is about time DJI has some lawyers contacting their company.  I will see what I can do about that!  So tired of this poor support from DJI, I will never buy another DJI product again!
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FredFogg Posted at 6-21 04:46
If DJI won't provide a way to downgrade from their software that makes the unit unable to fly correctly and won't provide a fix to their firmware and the software comes up when you start everything up and tells you to upgrade then I think it is about time DJI has some lawyers contacting their company.  I will see what I can do about that!  So tired of this poor support from DJI, I will never buy another DJI product again!

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Generally, the firmware update will not cause the hardware damages. We'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.
2019-6-22
Use props
VirtualMo
lvl.1

United States

I get it that Phantom is a legacy product. But there are thousands of users out there, problem a large number of which, like me, cannot use their $1,500 drone anymore because DJI is refusing to get its $%($ together.  

Like DOZENS of posts in these forums, my P3A was working just fine until I upgraded the DJI Go app.  Camera wouldn't connect after trying EVERYTHING posted about this problem including upgrading FW to 1.11.20. While camera STILL wont connect, no the remote wont connect to the aircraft.  Before, even with no video, I could still fly my drone like an old school RC plane. Ooo. Fun.  Not really. the draw is the VIDEO CONNECTION!  But it doesn't matter now because I can't fly my drone at all since I cannot upgrade the remote FW without the Go APP.

This is a real disappointment.  This is beyond disappointing, this is bull@#$

But I'm persistent, so still at it.  I saw somewhere some days ago a procedure to update remote FW without the device and APP attached.  Can someone help me with that?

Thank you
2019-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VirtualMo Posted at 7-4 09:09
I get it that Phantom is a legacy product. But there are thousands of users out there, problem a large number of which, like me, cannot use their $1,500 drone anymore because DJI is refusing to get its $%($ together.  

Like DOZENS of posts in these forums, my P3A was working just fine until I upgraded the DJI Go app.  Camera wouldn't connect after trying EVERYTHING posted about this problem including upgrading FW to 1.11.20. While camera STILL wont connect, no the remote wont connect to the aircraft.  Before, even with no video, I could still fly my drone like an old school RC plane. Ooo. Fun.  Not really. the draw is the VIDEO CONNECTION!  But it doesn't matter now because I can't fly my drone at all since I cannot upgrade the remote FW without the Go APP.

Hi VirtualMo, sorry for the late response as I just read your message in PM. For the RC update for P3A, App connection is required. You may reinstall the APP or change to another recommended mobile device to verify.
2019-7-5
Use props
VirtualMo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-5 02:17
Hi VirtualMo, sorry for the late response as I just read your message in PM. For the RC update for P3A, App connection is required. You may reinstall the APP or change to another recommended mobile device to verify.

Thank you for your response. I spent a week now on this and tried everything including multiple devices, multiple known-good cords, reinstalled app several times, updated FW successfully on aircraft to 1.11.20. The only thing that changed between my P3A working then not working is the app update. And the only thing left to do is update FW on RC, but obviously can't do that.
This stinks - please assist with another solution.  Can you send me a PM link to download FW 1.02 or anther earlier version than 1.11.20? At least I could fly my drone that way even without a camera.

Thank you
2019-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VirtualMo Posted at 7-5 07:41
Thank you for your response. I spent a week now on this and tried everything including multiple devices, multiple known-good cords, reinstalled app several times, updated FW successfully on aircraft to 1.11.20. The only thing that changed between my P3A working then not working is the app update. And the only thing left to do is update FW on RC, but obviously can't do that.
This stinks - please assist with another solution.  Can you send me a PM link to download FW 1.02 or anther earlier version than 1.11.20? At least I could fly my drone that way even without a camera.

Sorry about that. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-7-7
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-7 18:48
Sorry about that. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

DJI's answer to everything!  LOL
2019-7-9
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

VirtualMo, you can upgrade the controller but downloading the firmware to a usb drive and plugging it in the usb drive on your controller.  I found a thread on this forum that showed how, if I can find it again, I will post a link to it.
2019-7-9
Use props
hollander
lvl.1

Germany

hundreds of people whit the same problem. no solutions given from DJI. THE DRONE IS A HOBBY FOR LOTS OF POEPLE. IT IS TIME THAT DJI COMES WHIT A TROUBLE SHOOTING PAGE WHIT SOLUTIONS ON IT. IT IS INPOSSIBLE THAT WE AL AR LIARS OR STUPPID POEPLE WHO MAKE OUR DRONES WHORTLESS
2019-11-13
Use props
hollander
lvl.1

Germany

SORRY I AM GETTING A BIT FRUSTRADET FOR PRUDUCTS THAT ARE NOT WORKING
2019-11-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hollander Posted at 11-13 13:36
hundreds of people whit the same problem. no solutions given from DJI. THE DRONE IS A HOBBY FOR LOTS OF POEPLE. IT IS TIME THAT DJI COMES WHIT A TROUBLE SHOOTING PAGE WHIT SOLUTIONS ON IT. IT IS INPOSSIBLE THAT WE AL AR LIARS OR STUPPID POEPLE WHO MAKE OUR DRONES WHORTLESS

Stop using capitals, it is regarded as shouting. No-one is say you are liars or stupid, but the DJI drones are very complex devices, and the solutions are not the same for everybody. It is very difficult to diagnose problems on a forum.
2019-11-13
Use props
HoPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70958 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi there, same problem
My Mavic 2 RC cant connect with phone app DJI go 4 nor DJI Assistant 2. It can connect with drone but not with apps.
After connecting with drone, RC just start charging phone battery but DJI GO 4 app cant see it.
Same situation is with connecting with PC. After connecting usb cables, RC is charging but DJI assistant can't see it.
I tried with multiple cables, three phones and both connectors on RC but all failed.
Do you have any suggestion or idea whats wrong?
2020-1-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

HoPro Posted at 1-6 03:42
Hi there, same problem
My Mavic 2 RC cant connect with phone app DJI go 4 nor DJI Assistant 2. It can connect with drone but not with apps.
After connecting with drone, RC just start charging phone battery but DJI GO 4 app cant see it.

Android or iPhone?  

I will assume Android.  

On my P3P, there is a methodology to connecting that works best.   Method:

Make sure controller and mobile device are NOT connected by cable.

Power up controller

Power up drone.

Power up Android.  

Once the initial screen comes up, swipe or sign in to bring up the welcome screen.  

Wait 7-8 seconds.

Plug in the DJI cable that connects the Android and controller.

You should get an Android pop up with options that asks what you want to do with the usb connection.  The Go 4 app should be an option.  Indicate you want to use the Go 4 App.  

Wait.  The Go 4 app should start up on its own.  Be patient.  

If it doesn't start, go to the icon and start the app manually.  

Good luck
2020-1-6
Use props
Shane866
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348 ft
United States

Has anyone considered a class action lawsuit? That should tighten things up a bit. After all, we purchased products from DJI that don't work. Im fairly certain that lawyers can prove the lack of firmware support for the products purchased. Also we can collectively report DJI to the Federal Better Business Bureau which with enough strikes against them can shut down their business liscencing. Any opinions here? My drone had this problem last year and now again this year. The fact that selling these products with the consumer thinking that " I'll pay the big bucks for a nice, high end drone so I can get good footage for videos and pics" and then we end up spending more valuable, valuable time just trying to get it to work properly is outrageous. In the end, DJI has a product that cost me 2,000 dollars and now sits in the corner of a room somewhere, while DJI won't spend the money to have these problems addressed by a good tech department. Should be plug and play in my opinion.
2023-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules