Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in some wet can be done.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go to 0:18 in the video.

This video explains so much.
2019-6-17
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ooo Deja Vu

This has been posted many times before, the owner was also banned from the forum for breaking forum rules

Why would you want to film in the rain anyway, the lens will end up with water on it :/

I also see theres still no waterproofing on the camera what so ever, the camera is not waterproof from the factory so you will end up in trouble with it if youre not careful
I know this because water got into mine........
PS, no GPS in the legs at all, compass yes, not GPS
2019-6-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-17 18:57
ooo Deja Vu

This has been posted many times before, the owner was also banned from the forum for breaking forum rules

Because the jobs sometimes require it.  I mean, you can deny it and fly when it's sunny but it isn't a rainstorm.  Just a few drops here and there.  I know it sucks but I'm at least an Hour from home and don't really have a choice.  The other option is just to Not do it.

What forum rules were broken?

The jobs I've done today were so demanding.. it pretty much was like a Navy Seal test that I can pretty much fly Anything w/o getting scared.
2019-6-17
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-17 19:00
Because the jobs sometimes require it.  I mean, you can deny it and fly when it's sunny but it isn't a rainstorm.  Just a few drops here and there.  I know it sucks but I'm at least an Hour from home and don't really have a choice.  The other option is just to Not do it.

What forum rules were broken?

So youve already added this to your drone? There is also overheating to take into consideration.

You have recentley got your p4, i would be worried about my warranty, it only takes one drop of water to turn the dots in side pink and thats the warranty screwed ;)

I have to ask, you're doing drone jobs? or better still, should you be? its just that the way youve been asking questions on here gave me the impression that you are very far from being a pro,
2019-6-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

So, this guy is clueless, yet already he has ranked as a Captain, probably because he posts almost continuously. Time to give up this forum.
2019-6-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-17 19:05
So youve already added this to your drone? There is also overheating to take into consideration.

You have recentley got your p4, i would be worried about my warranty, it only takes one drop of water to turn the dots in side pink and thats the warranty screwed ;)

I've added nothing to the drone.  It's slight drops of water and I mean Slight.  It's slightly cloudy then starts to rain for 30 seconds then stops.  Elitecaptures7.com.

I've already flown a bunch of drone jobs w/ clients that like my work and keep asking me to do more.  I just don't post them in the forum or anyone else but to the clients directly.
2019-6-17
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was this part "it pretty much was like a Navy Seal test that I can pretty much fly Anything w/o getting scared." that made me think you had.... or was you on about the video?
2019-6-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-17 19:21
It was this part "it pretty much was like a Navy Seal test that I can pretty much fly Anything w/o getting scared." that made me think you had.... or was you on about the video?

It means I had to fly in 8 different locations within say 5 miles end to end.  They must have messed up and didn't check their clients work order.  You are only supposed to fly One area I think but they made me fly 8 areas for the price of 1!  I had to go back because I didn't know.  It rained a bit during the first part but was sunny and cloudy after.  I was already halfway there from a job I've just done so I just headed there anyway.
2019-6-17
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 6-17 19:11
So, this guy is clueless, yet already he has ranked as a Captain, probably because he posts almost continuously. Time to give up this forum.

on the other hand, he should be able to buy a new drone with all the dji credits lol
2019-6-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-17 19:23
on the other hand, he should be able to buy a new drone with all the dji credits lol

I have way more flight distance than I have.  I've deleted a lot when I first started flying.  The DJIs are very reliable pieces of equipment.  I can conduct what I need to conduct w/o really worrying about losing my drones.  The first day flying my Spark I was mega scared but then the confidence built.  I've flown by birds, over water, etc.  No issues.  But the Spark connection is garbage in comparison to the Occusync 2.0 systems.

I can backpack all 3 drones and my A7 III in 2 backpacks.
2019-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This video explains so much.
You really have no idea, do you?
The maker of your video is almost as confused as you are and is the last person to take advice from.
He's been embarrassing himself since he started posting his nonsense.
Sure you can fly in the rain (with or without his "wetsuit" but you can't shoot anything worth keeping with a wet camera.

I've already flown a bunch of drone jobs w/ clients that like my work and keep asking me to do more.
How does Captain Clueless get customers?
What f/stop do you shoot at most of the time?  I just shoot on Auto  because it works.  If I start messing w/ manual it comes out wrong.
He can't tell an aperture from his armpit.

2019-6-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

The Rainsuit is a product waiting for the gullible to buy.

On another forum - he is a protected Vendor and no-one may question his products. In fact myself and a few others were temp banned for asking questions, giving examples to back up our questions.

I have flown both my P3S and P3P in light rain and they survived fine. I do not intentionally fly in rain - but got caught out. As another says = the camera ended up with spots on that destroyed the image quality.

His latest sales pitch 'over the other side' is to sell his "Rescue Suit" .... which appears to wrap around the upper leg area and shell bottom. Designed to make the Phantom float if it lands in water. His sales video concentrates on the contrasting colour increasing VLOS ... and does not show any 'water activity' at all ...

There are always those out there who wish to con people out of their hard earned money.
2019-6-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You wouldn't last 3 seconds as a Seal, trust me.
2019-6-18
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not to be that "Regulations Guy", but does not the FAA state that the Part 107 operator must follow the recommendations of the manufacturers operator manual? I mean, I know for a fact that is a requirement of any Commercial Operator, be it Part 121 or 135 Air Taxi operator.

That said, the DJI manuals for most their drones states that thou shalt not fly in observed precipitation, to include mist and fog. Also, I believe an FAA Part 107 operator needs to have something akin to an "Operations Manual" spelling out the operations of the commercial drone operator, which includes following the manufacturers operator manual.

I for one don't want to knowingly violate FARs as a certified Part 107 operator, and the manual for that matter, even if I was recreational flyer (no warranty!).

Again, not to be that guy, but why would you knowingly violate a not just the DJI Operators Manual, but also an FAR? Just sayin'.
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JPilotR Posted at 6-18 07:13
Not to be that "Regulations Guy", but does not the FAA state that the Part 107 operator must follow the recommendations of the manufacturers operator manual? I mean, I know for a fact that is a requirement of any Commercial Operator, be it Part 121 or 135 Air Taxi operator.

That said, the DJI manuals for most their drones states that thou shalt not fly in observed precipitation, to include mist and fog. Also, I believe an FAA Part 107 operator needs to have something akin to an "Operations Manual" spelling out the operations of the commercial drone operator, which includes following the manufacturers operator manual.

I don't fly in Fog.  I've done it a bit with the Spark but it kept climbing w/ no input even with OA off.  This was before I got the M2Z and P4PV2.0.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the video you have shared with us today. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Drones are not waterproof. In addition operating the said drone in water and wet conditions can damage the drone itself and can void the warranty of the said drone. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-18 08:56
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the video you have shared with us today. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Drones are not waterproof. In addition operating the said drone in water and wet conditions can damage the drone itself and can void the warranty of the said drone. Thank you for your understanding.

Of course, that is why when it starts to rain very hard I leave.

Are the Matrice and Enterprise drones water-proof or at least water-resistant?  I've already made so much money drone flying thx to DJI giving me Sharp shots every shot during the day on Auto. : )
2019-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 6-17 19:11

Might be an undercover Dick, sent to usurp the captaincy of the forum of a successful foreign business as part of current ongoing World diplomacy.

In all honesty, just after brownie points by creating controversy, best ignored really, but the misinformation being spread makes people feel obliged to reply.
2019-6-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 6-18 09:50
Might be an undercover Dick, sent to usurp the captaincy of the forum of a successful foreign business as part of current ongoing World diplomacy.

In all honesty, just after brownie points by creating controversy, best ignored really, but the misinformation being spread makes people feel obliged to reply.

I really can't be bothered, there are so many falsehoods per hour that I would be on here all day replying. I am just going to wait until he finds a new toy.
2019-6-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Might be an undercover Dick, sent to usurp the captaincy of the forum of a successful foreign business as part of current ongoing World diplomacy.

Might be an undercover Dick
I think you got that half right
2019-6-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LMAO......................
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you even see 0:18 in the video?  I'm not going to be flying in the rain on purpose.  I'm just saying when you are caught out by accident; it's not the end of the world.
2019-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-18 17:40
Did you even see 0:18 in the video?  I'm not going to be flying in the rain on purpose.  I'm just saying when you are caught out by accident; it's not the end of the world.

"I'm just saying when you are caught out by accident; it's not the end of the world."

Correct, but the video and others like it have often tried to portray themselves as being the answer for purposely flying in all sorts of inclement weather without damage to the aircraft. Something to be avoided.
2019-6-19
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Motors aside, I don't think dressing up the drone as a chihuahua with some third party wet suit is worth the risk of water getting into the battery irrespective of the fact that the footage will also look terrible with water droplets clouding the lens...

2019-6-19
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-18 09:12
Of course, that is why when it starts to rain very hard I leave.

Are the Matrice and Enterprise drones water-proof or at least water-resistant?  I've already made so much money drone flying thx to DJI giving me Sharp shots every shot during the day on Auto. : )

No DJI drone is waterproof. The Matrice 200 series is somewhat resistant to water being IP43 certified (water spray less than 60 degrees from vertical).
2019-6-19
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

MMM,  I think I'll stick to dry weather flying.  Don't need to fly wet,  so why would I ?  
2019-6-19
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-17 19:17
I've added nothing to the drone.  It's slight drops of water and I mean Slight.  It's slightly cloudy then starts to rain for 30 seconds then stops.  Elitecaptures7.com.

I've already flown a bunch of drone jobs w/ clients that like my work and keep asking me to do more.  I just don't post them in the forum or anyone else but to the clients directly.

Here in the UK there is a saying for commercial drone pilots;

You are paid to say no.

Better than risking loosing a bird or causing you know what.
2019-6-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 6-19 01:28
Here in the UK there is a saying for commercial drone pilots;

You are paid to say no.

Yeah, if it's going to rain hard I have to apologize and decline.
2019-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules