How long do you leave your battery fully charged?
5399 12 2019-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

So guys, the batteries are intelligent ones that are discharging along the days. But if you full charge it, and thinking to etend the battery lifespan, how many days are recommend to leave full charge if you are not going to use? 1 day, 2 ?
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day allyssongemelli. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You need to fully charge and discharge the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Drones once every three months to maintain battery health. In addition I will be posting a link where in your can see the drone maintenance checklist ( https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum ) and a link where in you can read the  Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines as well ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.0_EN.pdf ). I hope these can help you today. Thank you.
2019-6-18
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-18 09:47
Hello and good day allyssongemelli. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You need to fully charge and discharge the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Drones once every three months to maintain battery health. In addition I will be posting a link where in your can see the drone maintenance checklist ( https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum ) and a link where in you can read the  Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines as well ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Phantom_4_Advanced/20170413/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines_V1.0_EN.pdf ). I hope these can help you today. Thank you.

Thanks for help. I'll read the information posted on the links. See ya!
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

allyssongemelli Posted at 6-18 18:39
Thanks for help. I'll read the information posted on the links. See ya!

You are very much welcome allyssongemelli. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-6-21
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Battery management seems to be a black art.............  a helluva lot of comments on how to manage the AC Li-po battery,  fair enough,  but what about the battery in the RC ?
I wonder if the battery management strategy isn't aimed at safer storage -  fire-risk wise - than for the health electrically of the item ?

I dunno,  just asking.

As a point of interest I normally leave my batteries on the "10 day" discharge setting unless I know I am not going to fly for a longer period,  say we are going away for a few weeks,  then I will reset the self-discharge to 1 day and also discharge the RC to about 60%.

2019-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The longer they are stored on 100% the worse it is. However, leaving a battery on 100% for a week or so won't destroy it.
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I try to fly my drones shortly after charging them but hopefully well before they'll be set to discharge...
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I try to leave mine at 100% for no more than a week.
2019-8-22
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 02:35
I try to leave mine at 100% for no more than a week.

Good! I try to charge one day before or at same day if I know that I'll fly for sure.
2019-8-22
Use props
shanhaiwirefitt
New

United States

the battery was charger 1 day approximately without use
2019-8-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>