Does not having OcuSync affect the Mavic Air a lot?
1732 4 2019-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I've tried to search it on their website, but I'm having difficulties finding the stats on how far the air can fly vs the MP (1).

Also, would you say the air is an upgrade from the MP 1? I've had my 1 for 2 years and I'm looking for an upgrade. I find the MP 2 too expensive so I don't want to upgrade all the way, and I enjoy the size and portability of the air.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Clare_G101. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. The DJI Mavic Air's max flight distance ( no wind ) is 10 km while the DJI Mavic Pro's max total travel distance ( no wind ) is 13 km. In addition let me please post a link where in you can compare the DJI Mavic Air with the DJI Mavic Pro specifications. You can also use this link to compare different DJI Drone. This link will show you the overview and the specifications for different DJI Drones. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-6-18
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Not in freedom from obstructs & interferes
Very simple answer.
Both will exceed propaganda specified.
2019-6-18
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Since you're asking about Occusync, I'll assume you're interested in how far from the RC you can safely fly (not the total distance a battery can go).  In that regard, there is a huge difference between the MP and Occusync and the MA and wifi.

I have an MA and under ideal circumstances I can safely fly about 1.25 miles.  That's probably half what you can do with an MP.  As well, if I fly out of LOS, I lose signal quickly.  Occusync will remain connected better if trees\buildings\terrain get in the way.

I love my MA but the distance you can control it is much less than an AC with Occusync.
2019-6-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The MA is an awesome bird, but you're limited with the enhanced wifi. Occusync is the ultimate signal
strength and there is no comparison between the two.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules