Tello frame skip
8832 7 2019-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WantRe
New

Estonia

I just recently bought myself a tello drone, but when i tried to fly or record a video with it, i got a ton of frame skipping, it's very hard to pilot the drone like this. The main reason i wanted the drone is to record some videos with it, but now i can't do that, it ruins the whole experience. I would really like a solution for this, but i dont really want to spend any extra money to use the basic functions of the drone.
2019-6-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear customer,
We are sorry to hear your issue. We hope these suggestions can help you to make the video better.
1. Please take off in an open area with less interference and stay away from the strong magnetic field;
2. Set the bitrate to the lowest value;
3. Turn off the surrounding Bluetooth devices;
4. Enable the flight mode on the mobile device;
5. Here is the Ryze official website of compatible device list:https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads. Please confirm whether your device is compatible with Tello. Please try to a compatible device mobile or different mobile devices to confirm whether the issue still persists.  
6. Please try to reset Tello wifi. Please press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered on and after the Wi-Fi’s SSID and password are reset, the aircraft will automatically restart.
7. If these methods are invalid, please try to force firmware upgrade.
Please press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and go to Setting - more - firmware version to upgrade the firmware again. After that, please confirm if the issue still persists.
I hope my answer can help you. Have a nice day.
2019-6-20
Use props
AliDubber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371 ft
Germany

I really want to buy this drone but videos are very important to me , do you still have the frame skipping problem ?
2019-8-21
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

If you are using an Android device I can highly recommend an App called “TelloFPV”. It is a “Pay to Play” App but there is a free version with limited use, however the paid version is exceptional value when you consider all the extra features it provides.

I too got very frustrated with the default Tello App due to dropped frames but I’ve not experienced any of those problems with TelloFPV., even when  using a Bluetooth controller and my phone mounted in a VR headset.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-8-26
Use props
Peter Lillywhite
New

Even your forum to comment has issues, it's ridiculous to ask people to try another phone, we all don't own multiple phones, fix your software, that's the problem. You cannot expect people to buy extra stuff to make your drone work as it should, I have very bad Fram skipping, ok on a reasonable phone. Fix your software, or hire some better programmers. Drone is almost useless for video.
2019-10-14
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>

Get a wifi extender. They are around $15AUS on Ebay. It extends the range the drone can fly and also fixes the video issues.
2019-10-14
Use props
auxaux
New

Estonia

WiFi extender does not fix problem.
Don not buy this drone for video.
2020-3-28
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

auxaux Posted at 3-28 09:15
WiFi extender does not fix problem.
Don not buy this drone for video.

It would be a nice drone to fly if the video quality was a solid 720p, but take into account the drop frames and lack of resolution and the drone video is not useable. You can make those DJI movies with the help of the DJI GO 4 Application, which will create a nicer look to it.
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules