Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
timelapse attempt
2324 7 2019-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I made a time lapse of the sun set, dident quite turn out as i would have hoped for, also i forgot my artificial lighting, so will have to reshoot one day soon.
ND 16 filter - ISO max 100 - auto

2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate sharing your video with us! Nice work. Cheers!
2019-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s pretty good for first attempt, beautiful colours .
2019-6-19
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

What do you think is wrong with it?  I think it is fine.  As mentioned, nice colors.  What is your issue with artificial light?  Not much you can do with sheet clouds as opposed to dramatically moving puffy cumulus clouds.
2019-6-19
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Very cool timelaps!
2019-6-19
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I was hoping for a bit more motion blur on the windmill blades ( i used 5sec timing and wind turbines rotated very slow at 1 rotation every 16 or so second )
As i recall the starting exposure timing was 1/60 second.

Also as it darkened i was hoping the camera would ramp exposure timing more to be able to see the field in front of the camera more,, at the end it was stuck at 1/8 second for a long time so i will probaby have to try another metering setting too. ( used default metering )
On next attempt i will bring my artificial lighting and maybe do a second recording with a much slower exposure when it have become darker, i have the means to illuminate things from 0M and out to 1.2 KM distance.
Also as i left the spot 500 M down the road i found a much better spot to record from, so i will try that angle next time.
Maybe i can borrow my friends tripod and so also bring my Nikon Dslr, or maybe put the OA on my gorilla pod and put it on top of my car, but then i have to stand outside or sit still inside the car for 2 hours or so.

Sadly this unless you have several cameras to run with different settings then this are a 1 shot deal, so if it dont work as you like you will have to return next time the sun set and the wind are similar, though i dont think the wind speed matter much in reagar to the wind turbines, but for vegatation in the foreground it can be a issue and give it motion blur too, and here my plan was to only have motion blur on the wind turbines.
I did get the change in wind you can see in the footage, so that was nice and expected.
Here the question also are, what is the wind direction, and how do the wind turbines allign them self due to that ? Last night the wind was from north/west, which are fortunately one of the prelevant wind directions in Denmark.
I can only set up on the road on the south / southeast of the windturbines, the #2 spot i mention i actually think will let the sun set directely behind the turbines, so if thats the case i am extra exited for the next session.

2019-6-19
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Yes, every sunset (sunrise) is different.  Try getting pictures at the Grand Canyon at sunrise at 5am and it is 18F.  You get your one chance or come back tomorrow.  That was a very dramatic weekend.  It was 100F at the river the day before and that last morning 18F.  
2019-6-19
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

If it was easy everyone would do it
2019-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules