South America Expedition - Mavic Pro - Tech Issues
664 5 2019-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bolzani
lvl.3
Brazil

Folks,
While I share a video of our travel through South America Cone Sul, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask if anyone knows how to solve an issue I faced while flying over Salar de Uyuni during the voyage.

As you may know, the Salar is an enormous area covered with a thin layer of high salinity water. About 8cm/3" deep. While flying over it, trying to shot some videos and pictures, the Mavic became out of control several times. Its sonar beeped like facing obstacles down and upfront. I had to bring the bird back several times until I gave up on trying.

In some other ocasions, it got the message "lost contact with Mavic Pro" at App. I switched cables, reinstalled the app and few other suggestions I found at google and the issue has not disappeared. It's random... appears every 4 to 6 flights.

Any recommendation?

Thanks in Advance

Bolzani

2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this wonderful footage for us. In regards to your concern, All DJI drones come equipped with VPS, a technology that maps the surface below to help position the drone. When flying over water, however, light reflecting off of the surface can cause issues with this technology. Because of this, it’s best to maintain a height of at least two meters above the water and we highly recommend to turn off your VPS to avoid any errors showing in the App. Should you have any concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Stunning work, thanks for sharing this beautiful landscape.
2019-6-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome video
2019-6-30
Use props
jajarmy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162536 ft
  • >>>