Osmo Pocket down by London’s Thames
1479 32 2019-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cosmic68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89042 ft
Spain

I took my OP down to London’s Thames to do some filming. There are some FANTASTIC buildings down there, I can’t recommend it bough if you’re into shooting architecture.

I sometimes wish I had a person subject to film, to make slightly more ‘personal’ video, but for now, my first love of buildings is where I’m at. I tried to make the video have relentless motion (as buildings are annoyingly still, haha) and motion is where the Osmo excels.

I’m not adding much I guess to overall discussion in this forum by posting a short film as such, but I get a lot of inspiration and motivation by watching other hobbyists works, but happy to move on if not appropriate.

And look at me, I didn’t say ‘cinematic’ once ;)

2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Awesome footage! Thanks for sharing.
2019-6-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage
2019-6-20
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Wow, amazing video.  Love all the shots of the buildings.  May I ask.. did you go 4K60fps and slowed down scenes in post?  I'm going to Puerto Rico in July and I want to capture the same feel as your video had.
2019-6-20
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

STRIDE8 Posted at 6-20 11:04
Wow, amazing video.  Love all the shots of the buildings.  May I ask.. did you go 4K60fps and slowed down scenes in post?  I'm going to Puerto Rico in July and I want to capture the same feel as your video had.

Hi thanks!

Yes recorded slomo in 60 FPS and slowed down later. The bit with the water jets was filmed with the in built slomo settings but found it stutters a bit so 60 FPS is the way to go.

Enjoy your holiday! Look forward to footage!
2019-6-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Congratulations on that.  Very nicely done, I'd say.  You really captured the modern flavour of the buildings in that part of London.  I lived in London for 50 years, left there 20 years ago, and now I wouldn't know it!   Tower Bridge was about the only sight I could recognise in your video!  I was a bit worried when you spoke of "relentless motion" which sounded like it might be a bit frantic, but no, the pace works very well.

One miniscule comment - at once point, there was a flickering fluorescent light visible in one of the buildings - maybe check your anti-flicker setting??

Edited to add- don't worry about not having a human to feature in your work.  Buildings are radically less trouble, and more likely to still be around in 10 years.  

2019-6-20
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-20 22:53
Congratulations on that.  Very nicely done, I'd say.  You really captured the modern flavour of the buildings in that part of London.  I lived in London for 50 years, left there 20 years ago, and now I wouldn't know it!   Tower Bridge was about the only sight I could recognise in your video!  I was a bit worried when you spoke of "relentless motion" which sounded like it might be a bit frantic, but no, the pace works very well.

One miniscule comment - at once point, there was a flickering fluorescent light visible in one of the buildings - maybe check your anti-flicker setting??

Hey thanks. We talked about the ever changing look of London on a previous video I seem to remember.

I think the light flickering may have been a faulty office light, as that shot wasn’t slowed down or anything. I have the flicker setting for Europe.

Yes maybe ‘relentless’ was a touch hyperbolic

Thanks for feedback. Always appreciated.
2019-6-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"I think the light flickering may have been a faulty office light, as that shot wasn’t slowed down or anything."  Well, I had to pick on something to criticise, didn't I.  
2019-6-21
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Amazing video!
2019-6-21
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
Spain

Woe Posted at 6-20 10:13
Awesome footage

Thanks for watching!
2019-6-21
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

cosmic68 Posted at 6-20 13:33
Hi thanks!

Yes recorded slomo in 60 FPS and slowed down later. The bit with the water jets was filmed with the in built slomo settings but found it stutters a bit so 60 FPS is the way to go.

Thanks for the tips
2019-6-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

South Bank is the best place for walking around. Congratulations on finding good weather to film in You must have walked miles. If you want a people orientated video why not have a walk around Borough Market near the Shard? A great cosmopolitan area with lots of visually stunning things to video. I've done plenty of stills shooting in the past there to good effect. I like the video a lot. Nicely put together and shows how much cleaner parts of London have become over the years. Well done.
2019-6-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

cosmic68 Posted at 6-21 08:18
Thanks for watching!

You're welcome
2019-6-21
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Excellent, so watchable, so cine...

Love the reveals, real good technique.

This was by the scoop in London ?
2019-6-21
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice video thanks for sharing.  I like watching your videos as it does inspire  me to try things , you do make it look so easy but I bet it’s not . Please keep posting
2019-6-22
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 6-21 14:33
South Bank is the best place for walking around. Congratulations on finding good weather to film in  You must have walked miles. If you want a people orientated video why not have a walk around Borough Market near the Shard? A great cosmopolitan area with lots of visually stunning things to video. I've done plenty of stills shooting in the past there to good effect. I like the video a lot. Nicely put together and shows how much cleaner parts of London have become over the years. Well done.

That’s actually a great tip re Borough! Thanks a million. I’m gonna head down there (sun permitting) ;-)
2019-6-23
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 6-21 23:43
Excellent, so watchable, so cine...

Love the reveals, real good technique.

Thanks so much! What’s the Scoop??? Sounds interesting.
It was filmed by The Thames near Tower Bridge.
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2019-6-24
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Robb OConnor Posted at 6-22 04:01
Nice video thanks for sharing.  I like watching your videos as it does inspire  me to try things , you do make it look so easy but I bet it’s not . Please keep posting

Thanks a ton! Happy to hear it!
2019-6-24
Use props
El Kab0ng
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's awesome.  I was just in London and that was one of the portions of the city that I wish I spent a bit more time at.  
2019-6-24
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cosmic68 Posted at 6-24 02:29
Thanks so much! What’s the Scoop??? Sounds interesting.
It was filmed by The Thames near Tower Bridge.

its the open air stepped theatre area, often some cool free stuff going on there , next to one of the  buildings in your film.

I always think such a great atmosphere around there.

ps - not my photo, its from google
2019-6-25
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks! Happy you liked!
2019-6-25
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

El Kab0ng Posted at 6-24 12:02
That's awesome.  I was just in London and that was one of the portions of the city that I wish I spent a bit more time at.

Yah London is awesome for pics/video. Terrible on wallet haha.  Thanks for feedback!
2019-6-25
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 6-25 10:51
its the open air stepped theatre area, often some cool free stuff going on there , next to one of the  buildings in your film.

Ahhhhh The Scoop! I see! Is that what it’s called? Yes I was exactly there, well spotted! I’ve been to a few fun performances there. The day I film d this it was closed off for some reason.
Once again_WELL SPOTTED! IM IMPRESSED
2019-6-25
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Excellent work
2019-6-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

cosmic68 Posted at 6-25 12:36
Thanks! Happy you liked!

You're welcome!
2019-6-26
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans1f690efe Posted at 6-25 12:48
Excellent work

Thanks a ton
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It's a nice work, nicely done. Thanks!
2019-7-9
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Amazing shots!  I believe your video deserves the term “cinematic”  on the title.  Nothing against people who overly use the term “cinematic” with random transitions.  Sometimes simplicity tells a better story. Great job man!
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-25
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 8-25 06:16
Amazing shots!  I believe your video deserves the term “cinematic”  on the title.  Nothing against people who overly use the term “cinematic” with random transitions.  Sometimes simplicity tells a better story. Great job man!

Thanks a ton. Very kind of you. Cinematic can be a bit clickbaity, but happy to hear you think it applies here
2019-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video
2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 6-25 10:51
its the open air stepped theatre area, often some cool free stuff going on there , next to one of the  buildings in your film.

Cool capture
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules