Video breaks and transmission
1232 20 2019-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inoxidable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5249 ft
Switzerland

Video breaks and transmission with my spark already at very small distances, I mean already from 60-80 m. The video lag, jerkily, it's not funny, to see on my screen, the cars on the road stop moving and leave and stop again, it proves that the transmission is bad, I repeat, soon 60-80 meters. I connect the radio control with a cable otg, even like that, I have these problems, God knows without the cable!
It is slightly better in 2.4 gz, I change manually. I live in the Swiss Alps. Is this a reason because of the mountains, even with such short distances? Is this really a recurring issue of Spark?
V. of Djgo 4 is 4.3.20.
Is it better with the djgo 4 v.2 Mod ??
I am really very disappointed with this purchase ...
Thank you for your answers and clarifications

2019-6-21
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

You didn't mention the device you're using and that could be the problem. Not all of them are supported by DJI. It's rumoured that somewhere on this site is an official list but damned if I could find it just now even with a Google search. Maybe you'll have better luck.

It happened to me once and it wasn't fun. It returned to normal the next time I flew after I cleared the video cache on the phone. I can't say for certain that was the cure but that's what I did and it hasn't happened since. There are other things that will slow your phone's operation, too.
2019-6-21
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

thank you for your answer, your help and the relevance of your remark about the smartphone!  I have a LG G6.  I will search on google about it.  Thanks again
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day inoxidable. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to us a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist ? Upon checking the said mobile device ( LG G6 ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the LG G6 will be able to work with the said DJI drone however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the LG G6 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. In addition please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the said drone. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.Thank you.

2019-6-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I can't say anything to the LG G6, but my LG G4 did not play well with the drone.
Not in wifi, more no with cable.

but I'd try an older version of the Go4 app.
It might be, that you get a better connection that way.

I would try the 4.2.21 from apk mirror
And, of course, the Go4 mod 2.0, which is an 4.1.15 (google)
That one has other nice gimmicks, on top.

And in case it is not getting better, you may have to try a different device.
I'm flying, mostly, with a older Huawei Tablet, Media Pad M3 8.4.
These days they seem to get cheaper and cheaper ;-)
2019-6-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Phantomhelp.com maintains a big list of devices people have tried.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

If otherwise, GO4 is working on your phone, try an OTG cable. In fact, don't even try flying without one.
2019-6-21
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

my lg g6 does not appear in the official list dji
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
and here
http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
there are no comments pffff ..
Tomorrow I will try the smart Huawei P + of my wife, alas there is no comment.

In any case I thank you for your answers, as a last resort, I buy a iphone used to try, more on iOs djgo is in French.
2019-6-21
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

S-e-ven Posted at 6-21 10:13
I can't say anything to the LG G6, but my LG G4 did not play well with the drone.
Not in wifi, more no with cable.

.:::  djgo mod offers the FCC mode or is also CE mode ?
2019-6-21
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

People are complaining with the latest version android 8.0 Oreo

https://forum.dji.com/thread-150515-1-1.html
2019-6-21
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

inoxidable Posted at 6-21 09:13
thank you for your answer, your help and the relevance of your remark about the smartphone!  I have a LG G6.  I will search on google about it.  Thanks again

You're most welcome. I hope it works out for you. Once you get it working, I don't think you'll be disappointed in your purchase.
2019-6-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

I figured it was about time to replace the old smartphone. Just didn't figure on doing it on THAT paycheck. The new phone has made Phoebe almost a new drone.
Not to mention that she IS a new drone
2019-6-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

inoxidable Posted at 6-21 13:09
.:::  djgo mod offers the FCC mode or is also CE mode ?

One of the gimmicks is FCC Mode, yes.
Others are flightmodes from the mavic pro.

I assume, you have to change phones with your wife.
Or downgrade the fw ?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-163100-1-1.html
2019-6-21
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

test today with a Huawei P Smart +, the same symptoms
2019-6-23
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

Next test I will try to find the djgo 4 Mod install and try ...
2019-6-23
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

Essayé avec un iPhone 8 en wifi, donc, sans cable otg, quelle différence !!! Je suis même allé à 250 m. de distance et 200m de hauteur, chose impensable avec mon LG G6, ensuite j'ai eu peur d'aller plus loin.
Je vais donc me chercher un iPhone d'occasion dédié au drone.
2019-6-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

inoxidable Posted at 6-23 13:52
Next test I will try to find the djgo 4 Mod install and try ...

https://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=dji+go4+mod+2.0
2019-6-26
Use props
inoxidable
lvl.2
Switzerland

S-e-ven Posted at 6-26 05:26
https://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=dji+go4+mod+2.0

I found thank you.
2019-6-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

You're welcome, good luck!
2019-6-28
Use props
captionmarvel
New

India

Thanks for this info.
2019-6-29
Use props
chris_schreuder
New
South Africa

hello,
I am having a similar issue as a lot of people on this website it seems. I am having issues with my spark recording videos and taking pictures. I get different warnings such as, weak signal,, no video transmission, aricraft disconnected, I have updated all firmware on the RC, drone, and app. This problem doesn’t go away and I am very frustrated. The image on my iPhone X is shocking and it is lagging very badly.

I have flown this drone maybe 4 times. This issue didn't occur the first flight, but every flight since then has done this.

What is the fix?? Please read everything I have tried before making suggestions to minimize comments. thank you
2019-7-11
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Well, how far away were you? What kind of phone are you using?

Mine sometimes disconnected at like 5 meters. Hasn't done that since I changed phone.
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules