Mavic 2 Zoom Remote Controller Issues | Dev Mode or KittyHawk?
839 0 2019-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remote.aviator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 523402 ft
United States

Hello again.

I've traveled this week back to Michigan for a family reunion. We decided to go to Union Pier Michigan and we are probably a half mile off the coast of Lake Michigan. The area is sparsly populated and it's beautiful here.

When i arrived I had MAG interference issues, no problem, I recalibrated the compass and that went away.  Next, I kept getting issues with my Google Pixel 2 phone diconnecting the remote conntrol.  It would connect, then disconnect, then it looked like was connecting again, I would see "GO FLY" and 2 seconds later it disconnects.  The cable is intact and my phone port is solid.  Then I read somewhere where people on the internet says they popped their SD cards out and popped them back and and it fixed their issue. (which did not make any sense to me at all why that would have to do with the conntroller disconnecting)

Then I found this YouTube video where someone had the same issue.  They said they had to put their Google Pixel 2 Phone into Developer Mode in the "About Section" in the "Settings" of the phone.  I did that and "BOOM!" I had a solid connection.  THen I reinstalled the Kittlyhawk app thinking I was good, but as soon as I did that I had issues again.  So I uninstalled the KittyHawk app and rebooted the phone.  I powered up the controller and drone and "BOOM!" The  DJI GO 4 app was connected and ready to fly again.

At this point, I'm thinking its probably a conflict between KittyHawk or Google Pixel 2 Phones needing Develpoer mode enabled.  Right now I'm just usiing Air Map mobile app just to use the LAANC authorization portion and then I use DJI for my video recordings.

This is pretty furstrating.  I hate iPhones but at this point I might buy one just because I've read most people don't have problems droning with them.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules