Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Course Lock? Where? How?
6285 23 2019-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

I found a site that listed Mavic Intelligent Flight Modes and how each worked (they are missing Fixed-Wing) and discovered that the Mavic Pro has Course Lock, is there something the Mavic 2 can do to archive the same flight mode?
If not, why isn't there a Course Lock for the Mavic 2?
With the Current Release of Firmware for the Mavic 2 Zoom and RC I have to move the slider left on Enable Intelligent Flight Modes to get the ICON's on the screen.

2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day  Airheadbit. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. Unfortunately, the Course Lock is not available with our Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. However, we've received the same suggestion from other forum members and managed to forward it to our designated department for attention. We would recommend paying attention to our official DJI website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.
2019-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 15:39
Hello and good day  Airheadbit. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. Unfortunately, the Course Lock is not available with our Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. However, we've received the same suggestion from other forum members and managed to forward it to our designated department for attention. We would recommend paying attention to our official DJI website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.

Any update on this?  I'd really like to see course lock come back.
2019-8-14
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

And Home Lock
2019-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tap fly Free mode is very similar to course lock, when first using this mode it felt a little more difficult to master than course lock, but now having used it on many occasions I find it more inventive and easier to operate than course lock and results equally match .

I don’t think we will see course lock with M2 maybe with future drones M3 if enough people ask for it to be reintroduced.
2019-8-14
Use props
fans32d91e9c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 15:39

Hi!
Any update on course lock for the Mavic 2 Pro? Tap fly is not the same. Course lock you can move back and forth using the controller to adjust the speed. Tap fly cannot do this
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans32d91e9c Posted at 8-22 10:18
Hi!
Any update on course lock for the Mavic 2 Pro? Tap fly is not the same. Course lock you can move back and forth using the controller to adjust the speed. Tap fly cannot do this

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out . As of the moment our DJI R&D engineers has not cascaded any information to us if the Course lock would be supported in the future update for the Mavic 2 series. However, this feature has been requested by other DJI Forum members and we've successfully forwarded the suggestions into our related DJI team to see if this feature can be supported in the future. For the mean-time, I would recommend paying attention into our website at www.dji.com for further updates. Thank you for your understanding and for your support.
2019-8-23
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 09:47
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out . As of the moment our DJI R&D engineers has not cascaded any information to us if the Course lock would be supported in the future update for the Mavic 2 series. However, this feature has been requested by other DJI Forum members and we've successfully forwarded the suggestions into our related DJI team to see if this feature can be supported in the future. For the mean-time, I would recommend paying attention into our website at www.dji.com for further updates. Thank you for your understanding and for your support.

Any update on this?
2019-10-7
Use props
fans9b28d06a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>

course lock hyperlapse not a good substitute?
2019-10-9
Use props
michaelv123
New
Netherlands

Sorry to bump this question, but I can't post a new question. .Don't know why. How ever my question also relates to course lock. On all youtube instruction vids I see that when they press Lock Course the course is displayed with a blue thick line on the map. Unfortunately I don't get the blue line and so I can't see the course on the map. This is very annoying since you can't determine the course just by the camera.

Anybody know what the issue might be?
2019-10-24
Use props
TitiEMC
lvl.1
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just purchased MV2 Zoom with Smart Controller. I am quite dissapointed that Course lock and Home Lock are not available.  Tap fly helps but is not exactly the same.
I do not like to get a Downgrade when buying a higher model.
Comom DJI!!!!! Please update this issue soon.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_71I5QrYDl4if
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-6-21 15:39

it makes no sense why this feature was removed.  
2020-1-24
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was trying to Course/Home lock w/ the P4PV2.0 but it's super confusing.  I said I wanted it on the M2 way back but the reality is, it messes with your brain because you are basically going against what you are seeing in ways beyond that if you happen to think that you are inside the drone, you cannot fly.  You have to think you are outside and you remain outside with your location remembered  through mental math at all times if you use those modes.  In a tight emergency, if you didn't perspective mode swap in your mind properly you may lose your drone as well as any other harm it causes during collision.

I like to be able to always react according to it's current fixated heading perspective.  Not think about a few calculations in order to determine proper function.

I assume, if you are just straight tracking with a linear stick w/ no dynamic back, forth, left, right, up, down, ccw cw rotations it could be ideal as you can most likely orbit and straight line better than Any other mode.  I should practice it for those reasons.  Straight cable cam and arc cable cam on the P4PV2.0.
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.3
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-24 14:44
I was trying to Course/Home lock w/ the P4PV2.0 but it's super confusing.  I said I wanted it on the M2 way back but the reality is, it messes with your brain because you are basically going against what you are seeing in ways beyond that if you happen to think that you are inside the drone, you cannot fly.  You have to think you are outside and you remain outside with your location remembered  through mental math at all times if you use those modes.  In a tight emergency, if you didn't perspective mode swap in your mind properly you may lose your drone as well as any other harm it causes during collision.

I like to be able to always react according to it's current fixated heading perspective.  Not think about a few calculations in order to determine proper function.

Just think about being in a real plane, there is a river below you but you can't film it while flying directly over the river, you would move off to a side allowing you to film the river while the plane continued parallel to the river.  
Kind of makes me want to find a P4 but I've put a hold on any new DJI stuff until the fix the many issues with Goggles RE and Mavic 2 = Mavic Pro functionality
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD Posted at 1-25 17:38
Just think about being in a real plane, there is a river below you but you can't film it while flying directly over the river, you would move off to a side allowing you to film the river while the plane continued parallel to the river.  
Kind of makes me want to find a P4 but I've put a hold on any new DJI stuff until the fix the many issues with Goggles RE and Mavic 2 = Mavic Pro functionality

I would like home lock if I'm super mega lost, lost all OSD telems, it's dark out, I can pop up to say 100m, pull the stick back and it comes home considering GPS is not lost.

Course lock I assume is cable cam mode but I'm not 100% sure.  I haven't messed with those features at all.
2020-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-24 14:44
I was trying to Course/Home lock w/ the P4PV2.0 but it's super confusing.  I said I wanted it on the M2 way back but the reality is, it messes with your brain because you are basically going against what you are seeing in ways beyond that if you happen to think that you are inside the drone, you cannot fly.  You have to think you are outside and you remain outside with your location remembered  through mental math at all times if you use those modes.  In a tight emergency, if you didn't perspective mode swap in your mind properly you may lose your drone as well as any other harm it causes during collision.

I think course lock was great, but as you say could be complicated and I think through problems with this they have left it off new drones, I have to say using both tapfly free is a lot easier to use, not quite as good but results are pretty good .
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 04:33
I think course lock was great, but as you say could be complicated and I think through problems with this they have left it off new drones, I have to say using both tapfly free is a lot easier to use, not quite as good but results are pretty good .

It's just extremely confusing.  I think it could be great getting used to as it's a cable cam feature?
2020-1-26
Use props
H Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2984131 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI: Lack of Course Lock and Home Lock has me looking at other brands of Drone. I hope they are added back.
2020-1-26
Use props
In Color
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42831 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the most expensive Mavic (M2P), assuming that it had the most features. I see video tutorials from 4 years ago, where they show course-lock on the Mavic 1 Pro. It seems that this feature was actually removed from the M2P. I have played around with Tap-fly, but it is clearly not the same thing. Maybe it's better in some scenarios but not in what I'm looking for. I am making a STRONG request for course-lock to be added back in.
2021-6-19
Use props
angraflys
lvl.1
Sweden

Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom have Course Lock within Intelligent Flight Modes/Hyperlapse
2021-8-28
Use props
angraflys
lvl.1
Sweden

TitiEMC Posted at 2020-1-8 04:54
Just purchased MV2 Zoom with Smart Controller. I am quite dissapointed that Course lock and  Home Lock are not available.  Tap fly helps but is not exactly the same.
I do not like to get a Downgrade when buying a higher model.
Comom DJI!!!!! Please update this issue soon.

You can find  Course Lock within Intelligent Flight Modes/Hyperlapse
2021-8-28
Use props
angraflys
lvl.1
Sweden

angraflys Posted at 8-28 16:52
You can find  Course Lock within Intelligent Flight Modes/Hyperlapse

Now I understand that there is no real Course Lock in Mavic 2Pro/Zoom
2021-8-29
Use props
angraflys
lvl.1
Sweden

angraflys Posted at 8-28 16:32
Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom have Course Lock within Intelligent Flight Modes/Hyperlapse

I was obviously wrong, Mavic 2 Pro has no Course Lock
2021-8-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd love to get homelock on the M2, not least because you can yaw it through 360deg whilst flying a straight line, but wishful thinking this late in the day.
2021-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules