Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hello nihao : ) - So I have 1st drone crash but. . .
1178 6 2019-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
李菲薛Kitty
lvl.2

United States

Ok so I record video down trail in tree area behind where I now live and it go well for over mile. I walk behind drone whole time btw. But on 2th battery there area where i lift so I get over branch but I not see there have part of branch where drone chop up leafs and fall to ground where it land in brush. I freak out and run to it but nothing damaged, I turn off it clean off greed mark around front and side, I turn on it, check for error but not find any, so I calibrate again, imu, compass, and so I feel safe, I calibrate  remote. I fly up, back forth, left ,right, and it ok but do crash take life out motor or possible damage I not able see or detect?
I able finish video i want make and I fly home two mile away on battery 3 and 4 and it fly like it not happen. But I just want make sure it ok and not have hidden damage.
2019-6-21
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Croatia

I can tell that you take the hobby seriously and I commend you for it. It does shake you up when things don't work as you expect.
Damaged by a collision or not, if you cannot see any reason for it failing, then only extended testing and cautious flights will restore your confidence the drone is working reliably.
I presume this is before someone shot your drone down and this is not the replacement.
2019-8-10
Use props
李菲薛Kitty
lvl.2

United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 8-10 23:12
I can tell that you take the hobby seriously and I commend you for it. It does shake you up when things don't work as you expect.
Damaged by a collision or not, if you cannot see any reason for it failing, then only extended testing and cautious flights will restore your confidence the drone is working reliably.
I presume this is before someone shot your drone down and this is not the replacement.

Hello nihao : ) Xiexie - I want thank you for reply. I take it serious because I know level of danger when fly drone. Sadly, in Maurepas Louisiana, there many American who type shoot down drone and gun happy. I just little disappointed because drone over close friend house and not in yard of other person when it shot down. When it fall I not care about drone even, I just care about where it land, but when I see it slam into yard with many kid, I cry almost because at first I not know if it hurt or kill even kid. All I hear is loud pop. I get in car and rush over but no one hurt and that all that matter. In end, human life and thing people work hard earn, be it car of them house of them, that what I think about as it fall. I know drone not big, but still I not want damage other person property. I not buy another drone because this not first time I hear drone shot down in Maurepas. Hobby die for now, until I in safe area.

I give friend all part I have so he sell part to it cheap, because I not have use for it now drone broke.
2019-8-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Croatia

That is a great pity, because it wasn't your fault the drone crashed.
I do sympathise with you, because my p3p was shot down and I reported it to the police. He had is gun licence revoked and the shotgun confiscated by police. I was able to claim from my insurance company under contents insurance. Check your policy, even though the drone wasn't  specifically covered. Alternatively, with a crime number to support your case, you could use the shooter for criminal damage.
Good luck.
2019-8-11
Use props
李菲薛Kitty
lvl.2

United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 8-11 06:32
That is a great pity, because it wasn't your fault the drone crashed.
I do sympathise with you, because my p3p was shot down and I reported it to the police. He had is gun licence revoked and the shotgun confiscated by police. I was able to claim from my insurance company under contents insurance. Check your policy, even though the drone wasn't  specifically covered. Alternatively, with a crime number to support your case, you could use the shooter for criminal damage.
Good luck.

Hello nihao : ) -  Police arrest already him, but police say most they do because they not see man shoot drone and camera not not record him do it. They have only word I tell them and data I get in app. Because neighbor say they see him aim at sky then hear me complain about drone, police say because neighbor see him shoot drone, that only reason he able arrest man who shoot it.  At moment he only charge because he fire gun in air and because he shoot down it and they say it dangerous because falling part. But it just simple charge and he out in few month.  I contact dji, but they say unless I insured, most they able do, they say they replace whole drone. And state farm, I try insure drone but they say in both location I go that I not able because they only do it as part of in home item, but because I insured with other company, They not insured it. Other company I insure in, not cover drone.
2019-8-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Croatia

That is a sad tale. I presume you have checked your insurance terms and conditions and not just relied on the ins co rejection.
It is likely they will try and avoid any payout, even if they should pay up...
2019-8-11
Use props
李菲薛Kitty
lvl.2

United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 8-11 22:08
That is a sad tale. I presume you have checked your insurance terms and conditions and not just relied on the ins co rejection.
It is likely they will try and avoid any payout, even if they should pay up...

Hello nihao : ) - Yes I check already them. But I not worry about drone anymore. It not issue for get another if I want fly again. This situation go on long enough. I not going replace drone soon anyway.  But what I need do, I need insure drone when I get again one. With work I do I not fly much as I do before anyway. Thank for all help you and other pilot give me.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules