Great hardware, poor software
816 4 2019-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeGrim
lvl.1
France

Just bought an Osmo Mobile 2, and if the hardware is really great, the software is very disappointing on Android phones.
First impression is good, but when you go further in the DJI Go app there are a lot of lacks compared to the IOS version.
-First, the app isn't translated in my language. OK, I can deal with it but it's a little frustrating when you know that the IOS version is. The job is already done, it would be easy to do the same for Android phones.
-Ratio for photos can't be changed, it's only 4:3.Sure, you can crop the picture later, but it would be user's friendly to take photos directly in others ratios.
-I've got a Samsung S10+ that can to record movies at 4k 60fps (stuck with 30fps). But DJI Go app can't. If I want to do that, I need to use the stock camera app and then the buttons on the Osmo Mobile 2 become useless. I could also use Filmic pro. Filmic pro is able to set a large range of fps, even in 4k and buttons on the gimbal are still usefull. But this solution cost money and you loose some features like the active track.
-with no more than 30fps setting, no slo-motion at all

I really hope that there will be an upadte that can correct these problems because the device is really great but it's so frustrating to have the impression that DJI does not bring as much consideration to Android as IOS .

2019-6-22
Use props
Alastorr
New

Ukraine

I don't know if this would be helpful but maybe try checking this app and then tell me how it went out. I used to have it on my old Samsung smartphone.
2019-6-24
Use props
LeGrim
lvl.1
France

Thanks for your attention, but what do you mean by "checking this app"?
2019-6-25
Use props
haithum
New
Pakistan

I bought a DJI Osmo Mobile 2, for capturing a best video shorts... Unfortunately I waste my money because you application is sucks dn't know why you guys blocking Android users to use your nice and brilliant Gimbal. No Slow Motion I mean Why?
Kindly Consider as soon as Possible.
2019-6-27
Use props
Wanasthis
lvl.1

United States

I've been trying to solve this problem lately too and that's what I noticed. Try it with optimization next time: https://thinkmobiles.com/products/pc-optimization-software/ Let me know how it went.
2019-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules