Audio recording on DJI smart controller is bad.
2687 4 2019-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
diukar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26053 ft

United States

Video recorded on smart controller has horible audio compared to video recorded with regular controller and iphone attached. IS that something others experiance as well, or is it my controller defective?

Smart controller records video from drone in paraller with drone. And it also record audio from microfone on the controller. THis is very usefull for Life streaming

But on my Smart controller Audio is bad, it only picks up loud sounds/voices. Differance to audio recorded  with regular controller and Iphone attached is huge.

2019-6-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Is the poor volume on both the Smart Controller and if you move the file and play it back on computer/tablet/phone?

I only did a brief test a while ago and when using Parrot (3rd party audio recording app), I had to increase the "gain" so that the recording could be heard.  

A quick look at the manual gives no info on how to record audio.  How do you do it?
2019-6-23
Use props
diukar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26053 ft

United States

ff22 Posted at 6-23 13:13
Is the poor volume on both the Smart Controller and if you move the file and play it back on computer/tablet/phone?

I only did a brief test a while ago and when using Parrot (3rd party audio recording app), I had to increase the "gain" so that the recording could be heard.  

On Controller setting go to General Setting -> Record Audio with Video Cache -> Switch toggle to ON
So now cache video on your controller should be with audio.

Yes, poor audio is on video, no matter where you play it.

2019-6-23
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

I am also VERY disappointed with the audio. I am sending my SC back today for a refund, audio was great on my S8 and I use it to make notes and have some environmental audio for footage rather than use another device, that and the lost video feed I am done with the SC.
For the record, the audio on the SC us useless, I have no idea how DJI have got it so bad, in this day and age audio is a simple task right DJI?
2019-6-23
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

arthurbikemad Posted at 2019-6-23 23:27
I am also VERY disappointed with the audio. I am sending my SC back today for a refund, audio was great on my S8 and I use it to make notes and have some environmental audio for footage rather than use another device, that and the lost video feed I am done with the SC.
For the record, the audio on the SC us useless, I have no idea how DJI have got it so bad, in this day and age audio is a simple task right DJI?

weird that it can't be fixed...

same issue: the sound seems to be coming from deep in the ocean.

2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules