2229 13 2019-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi all,

I've recently encountered two problems.

One is that when flying indoors in attic mode - my OPTI mode doesn't work for some reasons despite using different surfaces, and my drone stars veering to a direction while I'm panicking, I try to do emergency Shutoff at low attitude. However, when pulling both sticks outward or inward it will cause the aircraft to move in the input of the controller before it knows that it's a Shutoff and the drone jerks in a direction before it senses that it's a Shutoff and sometimes when too close to an object it crashes before it can Shutoff.
Solution: Have another option on how to do a Shutoff though I don't have any ideas now.

Another problem is that sometimes when flying indoors in ATTI mode, and I'm about to crash I can't shut off the motors and immediately land, as the gradual landing function prevent it and it will still hover while veering to crashing direction - partly because I can't fly in ATTI on the spark. But it can do it in the regular cheapo drone
Solution: I hope the dev team can implement an option to shut off the gradual landing function of the spark so it can prevent accidents. Though I understand it was there to protect the drone. Thank you
2019-6-23
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Yes the Spark can fly indoors but be real, it is an outdoor drone. Maybe the Tello would suit your needs better.
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

CSC with the Spark is just working for start, not for emergency shut down!
You need a.lot of brightness for ground sensor flying
Plus differences on the ground that the bird can orientate on and see "ops, I am moving"
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Another Shut off option  is grabbing it and turning it 90° on the side.But come from the back and be quick. As soon the sensors seeing you hand, it will ascend
2019-6-23
Use props
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 6-23 21:09
You need a.lot of brightness for ground sensor flying
Plus differences on the ground that the bird can orientate on and see "ops, I am moving"

What do you mean when you say you can't shut it down with CSC? That it's not meant to? Or it can't be done
2019-6-23
Use props
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

Stinger1 Posted at 6-23 20:05
Yes the Spark can fly indoors but be real, it is an outdoor drone. Maybe the Tello would suit your needs better.

Okay I see. Actually I mostly fly it outdoors just that there's been widespread cases of dengue disease here so I wanted to try flying it indoors like those videos on YouTube. But they are able to get into OPTI mode
2019-6-23
Use props
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 6-23 21:11
Another Shut off option  is grabbing it and turning it 90° on the side.But come from the back and be quick. As soon the sensors seeing you hand, it will ascend

Thank you. Just that my living room is quite small and before I can get to the drone it will crash either that or I fear for my fingers but I may try that
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Aurocia Posted at 6-23 21:56
What do you mean when you say you can't shut it down with CSC? That it's not meant to? Or it can't be done

like I wrote:

Or:

There IS NO CSC function in the air, @DJI Spark!

2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Aurocia Posted at 6-23 22:00
Thank you. Just that my living room is quite small and before I can get to the drone it will crash  either that or I fear for my fingers but I may try that

Indoor flight should have  protectors on.
That would mostly just stop the bird at a wall. But still flying
And a lot of light, too.

The bird itself, in special when  "Just that my living room is quite small ", is producing the "wind", to  push it into one direction (into the wall, mostly ;-)

So in case the ground is uniform, and/or there is not enough light for the sensor, to see structure:
It is ust an Atti flight, you have to correct every move.
Switch it into trypod quickly, nect time.
Or go to the south of the barrage or on a trip to St. Johns ;-)
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

This video is in "Darth Vader"-Mode
In normal mode it will react much more to a hand under the front of it. (ascend!)
So try it from the back, just under the battery, grab it, dont let go, and turn it with force and quickly 90 degree to one side.It will try to work against your force,  by using the full motor power.
So don't be surpriced and ONT let it go before of!

2019-6-23
Use props
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 6-23 22:30
like I wrote:

Wait what!!! It doesn't work? Who's problem is it? DJI or a bug? I've yet to try it outside but it worked for me on ATTI at home. I should try it out next time IDK
2019-6-24
Use props
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 6-23 22:45
This video is in "Darth Vader"-Mode
In normal mode it will react much more to a hand under the front of it. (ascend!)
So try it from the back, just under the battery, grab it, dont let go, and turn it with force and quickly 90 degree to one side.It will try to work against your force,  by using the full motor power.

Tried it on the simulator but it doesn’t work T_T is there an updated way of doing emergency shut off in mid air say it’s like at 100 ft?
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Aurocia Posted at 6-24 01:28
Tried it on the simulator but it doesn’t work T_T is there an updated way of doing emergency shut off in mid air say it’s like at 100 ft?

no, there is no way!
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Aurocia Posted at 6-24 00:45
Wait what!!! It doesn't work? Who's problem is it? DJI or a bug? I've yet to try it outside but it worked for me on ATTI at home. I should try it out next time IDK

CSC is by design not available, midair, for the Spark

The Mavic 1Pro can do and restart. So yes, it is DJI!

2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules