2965 16 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

Going to the states soon with a mavic pro does anyone know what I need to do before I go? Registration, application forms, payments, can it be taken on the plane as hand luggage to avoid getting it stolen or smashed up! Thank you in advance.
2019-6-24
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

It should go in hand luggage given the batteries, pretty sure you need to register a quick google should answer that
2019-6-24
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

I do have same doubt/question. Any FAA rules for light weight drone like mavic pro? is a Country side flight allowed??
2019-6-24
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info, how about registering the Drone in America before I go? Or can I take it in with nothing.
2019-6-24
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

You have to register your drone. It's one minute of using google...
2019-6-24
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Dread-Pirate-Roberts Posted at 6-24 04:20
Thanks for the info, how about registering the Drone in America before I go? Or can I take it in with nothing.

You can register here. $5 for three years. https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/I would suggest you register it before you fly to the US and have it marked appropriately, might save you time and questions.
2019-6-24
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Excellent thanks, can't get definitive answer on Google, minefield!
2019-6-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dread-Pirate-Roberts Posted at 6-24 04:20

You dont have to do that. Your traveling/tourist just follow FAA guidelines when flying here.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dread-Pirate-Roberts. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you'll get the best information and recommendations here from our valued DJI Members and Customerswith regards to this inquiry. Please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries.  In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check some information on how to travel with your drone ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/us ). Finally I will be posting a link where in you can check locations in the US ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where in you can fly your drone freely and if the said location is a no fly zone ( NFZ ). Thank you and stay safe always.
2019-6-24
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

here's the FAA web page for international people wanting to fly in the USA
and yes they need to register the drone on Dronezone, super easy to do.

have fun on your journey here.

2019-6-24
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-24 07:54
Hello and good day Dread-Pirate-Roberts. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you'll get the best information and recommendations here from our valued DJI Members and Customerswith regards to this inquiry. Please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries.  In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check some information on how to travel with your drone ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/us ). Finally I will be posting a link where in you can check locations in the US ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where in you can fly your drone freely and if the said location is a no fly zone ( NFZ ). Thank you and stay safe always.

Cheers Steve thanks for the advice, the map is good on restricted fly zones. I tried the android app B4UFly but it ain't very good
2019-6-24
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tree Wolf Posted at 6-24 07:56
here's the FAA web page for international people wanting to fly in the USA
and yes they need to register the drone on Dronezone, super easy to do.

Thanks Wolfe, mainly want to fly around arizona seeing as I'm sleeping in a van for 5weeks I may as well take the mavic with me, probably regret it if I don't.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dread-Pirate-Roberts Posted at 6-24 09:28
Cheers Steve thanks for the advice, the map is good on restricted fly zones. I tried the android app B4UFly but it ain't very good

You are very much welcome Dread-Pirate-Roberts. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-24
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
United States

nice, I'm in the AZ mountains on the Mogollon Rim
2019-6-24
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tree Wolf Posted at 6-24 11:44
nice, I'm in the AZ mountains on the Mogollon Rim

Do you need a 4 x 4 there? Looks nice. Are you boondocking out there? I'll be boondocking on my own hope I don't get beaten to death lol!
2019-6-24
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
United States

I live here, small house, with my beehives. There's lots of nice small towns here on the rim, 4x4 not really, but to get off the main roads a 4x4 is def a + to have.
Good camping, several lakes lots of wildlife. Everyone down in Phoenix comes up here and to Flagstaff to get away from the heat.
Phoenix is hot, I lived down there for 20yrs did not like it at all, very hot and people vary, but it's worth the visit. Not much tourism in Phx.
There's Apache Junction, the Superstition Mountains, and Goldfield
Tucson is ok, like Phoenix hot. You have Prescott it's kinda fun, Flagstaff is a cool place to visit. Payson, and Show Low, I live half way between those cities
Lots of interesting places here, Strawberry, Pine, Cotton wood, and everyones to do Sedona, good hiking there.
Then there is the Grand Canyon, Havasupai, Hualapai, Navajo Nation. Ship Rock.
as to being beat down, not really.
It all depends upon what you want to see here, all I know is that the few people I met from the UK is they wanted to see cowboys and the old west. It's all here and more
2019-6-24
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Roberts
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tree Wolf Posted at 6-24 12:16
I live here, small house, with my beehives. There's lots of nice small towns here on the rim, 4x4 not really, but to get off the main roads a 4x4 is def a + to have.
Good camping, several lakes lots of wildlife. Everyone down in Phoenix comes up here and to Flagstaff to get away from the heat.
Phoenix is hot, I lived down there for 20yrs did not like it at all, very hot and people vary, but it's worth the visit. Not much tourism in Phx.

Thanks for the info, I've read about some of these places but, others I didn't know of. I've booked out 3 weeks in arizona. I'll keep this thread handy and visit all the places you mentioned. Cool
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules