6872 19 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55420 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I'm coming on here to see if other people are having issues with their Mavic Airs?

I bought my Mavic Air back in July 2018. Now I'm not someone who gets to fly often, due to where I am and work. I flew it a few times and noticed it was having a number of problems, throwing sensor errors, signal errors, etc. I couldn't take it past 50 metres without receiving errors.

So I sent the drone to DJI who found there was a core board defect and replaced the drone for me. I then flew it a few times and was still getting the same errors. Signal interference but I was in the middle of nowhere, and in many different places. The drone would even disconnect itself from the controller and luckily return itself to home. When recording, it would have laggy recording with black strips going across the screen as if it was trying to render. If I flew it further than 30 - 40 metres, the screen would start lagging and it was unusable.

I sent the drone back to DJI AGAIN. Only to be told that once again, it has a Core board defect. This was after I was constantly told by their team that all repairs are checked and flight tested. So now I'm about to receive my third new Mavic Air which to be honest, I'm very skeptical about.

I've spent a good bit of money getting the combo on this and it's genuinely unusable. I feel like I'm getting stuffed by DJI in a constant repair cycle and my moneys gone. Once the warranty runs out, I've been stuffed and all of my money has gone? It seems that DJI have no solutions apart from constantly sending it back to them to be 'reviewed & repaired'.

So far to me it looks like the Mavic Air is plagued with signal issues and has a core defect as a design flaw.

I'm at the point where I want to look to seek action to get my money back and go elsewhere. I wouldn't touch DJI with a barge poll after this.
2019-6-24
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Can I ask the dumb question?  Are you flipping down the little landing feet on the front legs before the flight?  That's where the antennas are.  I've flown once or twice without remembering to flip those down and my results are exactly as you describe.  Very limited range and a spotty connection that disconnects frequently.

I doubt there is a core defect or design flaw in the MA as there are may thousands sold and no reports of systemic problems.  The fact that DJI said your original drone had a board defect doesn't really mean it did.  Diagnosing problems in people's drones is expensive and they don't really do it.  They guess at the problem and send you a new drone.  I sent one back because it was always pointed about 20 degrees off on the radar display.  DJI said I had some problem with the navigational system on my drone and replaced it.  The one I received back had the same problem.  It turned out the problem was a bad compass in my phone.  If they'd really diagnosed my original drone, they would not have found a problem.

Good luck!
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-6-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BKahuna Posted at 6-24 09:03
Can I ask the dumb question?  Are you flipping down the little landing feet on the front legs before the flight?  That's where the antennas are.  I've flown once or twice without remembering to flip those down and my results are exactly as you describe.  Very limited range and a spotty connection that disconnects frequently.

I doubt there is a core defect or design flaw in the MA as there are may thousands sold and no reports of systemic problems.  The fact that DJI said your original drone had a board defect doesn't really mean it did.  Diagnosing problems in people's drones is expensive and they don't really do it.  They guess at the problem and send you a new drone.  I sent one back because it was always pointed about 20 degrees off on the radar display.  DJI said I had some problem with the navigational system on my drone and replaced it.  The one I received back had the same problem.  It turned out the problem was a bad compass in my phone.  If they'd really diagnosed my original drone, they would not have found a problem.

Thank you for your help!

I always have the feet down. I've tried everything including restoring the firmware on my phone and still no luck. It just doesn't work well at all. As soon as it starts to go away it just throws up issues and I've had that with two brand new Mavic Airs now. I've flown Mavic Pros and to me it shows the Mavic Air is flawed. It gives me anxiety every time I fly it for the money spent and all the issues it throws. When it started disconnecting from the controller was the last straw for me really. Paying £1000 for something that disconnects and could potentially be lost really isn't great.
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 6-24 13:37
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.

I appreciate your support but i've contacted support numerous times, only to receive the same robotic answer. My third Mavic Air is being delivered today and if this one has the same issue, am I expected to then send it again for a fourth? It feels like I've been stitched up out of a lot of money and I'm now at the mercy of your customer service as I can't fly it without a massive amount of problems. Half the time, the record buttons don't work as the drone isn't receiving and I have to bring it back before I can get it reconnected again.

It's just appalling really.
Do you need both case numbers that I have so far?

May I just add that I've already spoke to senior customer services on the phone, who just repeated the same thing that I need to send it in and have it tested before being sent a new one. I'm stuck in a cycle.
2019-6-25
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't say that I've had any issues with mine except for connectivity issues when in heavily saturdated wifi signal areas. When I am out in a pretty open area, away from all the wifi clutter, I get pretty good range and signal strength. I currently have 2 mavic air and haven'y experienced problems with any of them. **Knock on wood**
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TBoyAZ Posted at 6-25 00:25
Can't say that I've had any issues with mine except for connectivity issues when in heavily saturdated wifi signal areas. When I am out in a pretty open area, away from all the wifi clutter, I get pretty good range and signal strength. I currently have 2 mavic air and haven'y experienced problems with any of them. **Knock on wood**

I understand your frustration and we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused.  As for the Mavic Air issue, you refer to we'll investigate and forward the issue to our R & D Department to further check. Hope for your understanding.
2019-6-25
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

A new drone, controller, plugs and even a new SD card is what I would recommend.  This is a weird issue.  Have you tried another mobile device?
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 6-25 06:54
A new drone, controller, plugs and even a new SD card is what I would recommend.  This is a weird issue.  Have you tried another mobile device?

Hey Neo,
I'm now on my third Mavic Air from DJI (Received yesterday but yet to fly). The controller has been sent back to them twice which I'm guessing would have been tested? This wasn't replaced. I've put new SD cards in and have tried it on both my phone, my older phone and my girlfriends phone. Still no luck.

I've been on a remote island, in the middle of the moors, out in the bush in South Africa where there is no interference and I'm still getting signal interference, sensors not working, gimbal errors etc.

I've just had an email about an escalated case, and they haven't even checked my previous case numbers. They're asking me to send the drone in to be repaired, it's just been replaced yesterday for the second time! That literally seems the only customer service DJI actually offer.

Even more frustrating, my cousin recently bought a refurbish Mavic Pro and he can fly his without any issues, much further than I can with the Air. I have never once been able to fly without getting a number of errors and issues.
2019-6-26
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

I only changed my mavic air board once and so far fly flawlessly with millions of ft flight distance. Sorry to hear that you have these issues. You just got a lemon...Hope DJI can solve your issues soon.
2019-6-26
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cepheroh Posted at 6-26 01:47
I only changed my mavic air board once and so far fly flawlessly with millions of ft flight distance. Sorry to hear that you have these issues. You just got a lemon...Hope DJI can solve your issues soon.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

So weird that we hear of a lot of common board faults. I've had 2 so far. I'll try this third one.
2019-6-26
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 6-26 00:20
Hey Neo,
I'm now on my third Mavic Air from DJI (Received yesterday but yet to fly). The controller has been sent back to them twice which I'm guessing would have been tested? This wasn't replaced. I've put new SD cards in and have tried it on both my phone, my older phone and my girlfriends phone. Still no luck.

Man, I wish I could point you to a solid resolve for this frustrating experience.
2019-6-26
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

Have you tried putting your mobile device in airplane mode?
2019-6-26
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

aesculus2 Posted at 6-26 18:35
Have you tried putting your mobile device in airplane mode?

I’ve tried airplane mode with no luck. DJI now being unresponsive and unhelpful.
2019-6-26
Use props
djiuser_55K2fpikLO8p
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi buddy!
I'm sorry to hear about your many problems with it and also i'm started being terrified..
Happened that, i bought this product 4 days ago, and had my first ever flight today. I wish i wouldn't, but its too late. The results making me upset as much as i can.
Because.. i went to a field nearby to try it, i prepared everything, turned it on, took of, everything went very well, untill the battery got closer to its run off. As soon as i heard the beeping, i was on finding a safe space to land, happened to be the concrete walkpath next to the grass.. yeah, BUT THE FUN COMES NOW. I got colser, started pulling the lever down, and INSTEAD OF LANDING, I LOWT CONTROLL AND IT STARTED FLYING UPWARDS!!!! AND CRASHED INTO A TREE'S BRANCHES SEVERAL TIMES. Untill one time, it dropped down close enough to me to catch.. of course it hurt me and the device is damaged.. broken rear landing gear, and fullbof doubt what on earth happened.
Anyone with same experiences here??
2019-6-27
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_55K2fpikLO8p Posted at 6-27 13:17
Hi buddy!
I'm sorry to hear about your many problems with it and also i'm started being terrified..
Happened that, i bought this product 4 days ago, and had my first ever flight today. I wish i wouldn't, but its too late. The results making me upset as much as i can.

Awful! That sounds horrific! I genuinely believe there is a manufacturing fault with a lot of these Airs. DJI seem very quiet and reluctant to help on the matter. They take your money and then ask you to keep returning it until your out of warranty. Time to send this story to the media and tech websites to write a story on them not acknowledging the problems.
2019-6-28
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

It is unfortunate that some negative points reduce the credibility of the DJI
2019-6-30
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vofas Posted at 6-30 22:47
It is unfortunate that some negative points reduce the credibility of the DJI

Unfortunately their products and customer service also reduce their credibility. The lack of communication on the matter is appalling.
2019-7-1
Use props
djiuser_cnpcRHo0bmrX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583763 ft
Australia

Hi there
I’m on my second air as my first one had it’s imu fail during flight and crashed and was replaced , I too am dissatisfied with the air as I’m always am getting strong interference messages with the drone only maybe 100 mtrs from me  , also if someone else switches on there drone I get massive interference and the drone becomes unfliable , also it will not fly straight and when decending it pivots on its axis , I’ve tried using dji assistance 2 for upgrades but I’m getting nowhere with it , very frustrating and almost over it
2019-12-22
Use props
fans0332f185
New

Australia

Hey! I’m just wondering if you have overcome your issues, or what happened with your mavic air two years later. I have one also, and bought it at the same time you did. Mine has never had any issues. Thanks
2021-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules