Osmo Action cage
1935 8 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

https://www.ulanzi.com/collections/for-dji-osmo-action/products/osmo-action-vlog-metal-cage

The design looks nice.

https://www.yingkee.hk/ulanzi-osmo-action-vlog-cage-oa-1/
2019-6-24
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I, too, like the design but there are some similar metal cages on ebay for a lower price.  Also, while I like the tripod mounting screw hole in the cage, I'd be afraid of losing the two screws and the adapter if they were separate parts.  Trade-offs.  I have thought of dremeling the DJI cage's door area to make it larger so that the charging door can be opened while still in the cage.
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this great design for the Osmo Action with us. The metal cage seems to protect the Osmo Action very well. Cheers!
2019-6-25
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my Ulanzi cage today. It is very solid and  you can mount a Zoom H1 in either cold shoe without it showing up in the Action’s FOV.  I must admit that I did not try a windscreen on the H1 yet so I don’t know if that would get into the FOV.

Another audio setup I might try is mounting an external microphone in one cold shoe and then use the R0DE wireless GO transmitter in the other cold shoe for sending audio to a remote recorder via the Wireless GO receiver.  

Just thinking about audio options while waiting to see what DJI does about an Osmo Action audio adapter.

I also use  Zeadio tripod legs as a handle/stand attached directly to the 1/4 20 threads on the bottom of the cage.

Bob
2019-6-25
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

BobWinNV Posted at 6-25 18:38
I received my Ulanzi cage today. It is very solid and  you can mount a Zoom H1 in either cold shoe without it showing up in the Action’s FOV.  I must admit that I did not try a windscreen on the H1 yet so I don’t know if that would get into the FOV.

Another audio setup I might try is mounting an external microphone in one cold shoe and then use the R0DE wireless GO transmitter in the other cold shoe for sending audio to a remote recorder via the Wireless GO receiver.  

Good.  I think the metal cage can keep the temperature of the OA a bit cooler.
2019-6-26
Use props
rdailey4
lvl.1
United States

Is there a cage yet that will allow attaching my iphone?
2019-6-27
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I took the PGYTECH cage and the lens too. I wait the mic adapter for connect the microphone
DEE6AEF2-AF54-4CC0-B57D-920C7477B0D8.jpeg
4C6BF86B-D7D2-40B2-834B-BFDAD9C8809C.jpeg
2019-6-27
Use props
Calor1030
lvl.3

United States

I got the Ulanzi  cage and is a very nice one
2019-6-28
Use props
BobMutchSD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74623 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-25 05:55
I, too, like the design but there are some similar metal cages on ebay for a lower price.  Also, while I like the tripod mounting screw hole in the cage, I'd be afraid of losing the two screws and the adapter if they were separate parts.  Trade-offs.  I have thought of dremeling the DJI cage's door area to make it larger so that the charging door can be opened while still in the cage.

I agree about the cutout for the USB/SD card door. Seems like a big oversite on DJI's part, considering the thought put into the design of everything else on the frame.

So, I bought a metal cage that has a cutout, so I can charge/change SD without removing the Osmo every time. As a plus, the cage has a 52mm filter frame, so I can use my existing Lumix FZ300 filters and macro lenses.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RZQ42YB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules