Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji spark flies away! Help!
1184 3 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda0e87d6
lvl.1
Australia

[size=19.200000762939453px]Hi all, I haven’t had much help from dji so I was hoping someone on here could give some real advice. I had recently purchased a spark. days after my purchase it decided to take off on its own and hit a tree in the distance. After sending my drone in to dji they’ve emailed me back saying the drone has basically entered “atti mode” unsure what this is but they concluded it was user error for flying in a low coverage zone? After going back and forward with them I’ve asked them to just send it back. I’m not familiar with the ins and outs of these things but if someone is flying a drone only metres away and all of a sudden it decides to fly off and crash into the distance is that user error? How is this avoidable? I had the drone calibrated, signals were strong during the intial flight. What else could I have done. A local had told me that it’s likely that there was a problem with the imu which explains the uncontrollable flying before and after the crash. Anyhow I have asked for the drone to be returned. It’s not worth repairing at $250!. After reading some other posts it seems I’m not the first nor the last. Dji should really take some responsibly or at the least have a real person call and a chat too and by real I mean Australian!

2019-6-25
Use props
Davinciji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1545 ft
United Kingdom

This happened to me on my 2nd fl
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to know the warranty service was unable to be provided in your case, upon checking your case, you took off with weak GPS signal, the aircraft worked in the edge of the GPS mode (GPS signal level was 2). The aircraft will drift in this situation because aircraft positioning function is not able to work, it needs pilot to control the aircraft in every moment for maintaining the position. The aircraft drifted and crashed at t=91s, h=1.4 m.
Please check more details of the ATTI mode below.
Your drone has been returned without repair, please keep us updated if you have any further concern, thank you.
GTScreenshot_20190627_120901.png

2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Davinciji Posted at 6-26 06:19
This happened to me on my 2nd fl

Hi Davinciji, sorry for the crash accident, is your drone still under warranty and did you send in the drone for the evaluation?
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules