video time stamp
1916 3 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
torr3
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I need to get the time for videos recorded using my Phantom 4 Pro (using DJI Go 4). I have used exiftool to access the metadata for the videos and don't see time information (only lat, lon, D, H, etc). I honestly can't beleive that such fundamental and critical data of time is not included in the metadata (it used to be with the P3). Am I missing something? Where/how can access the time values during the video? In the metadata I see "Track Create Date" and "File Modification Date/Time" but I am not sure when these values are captured, or from where (the GPS or the tablet?). I would greatly apprecaite any feedback. Thanks!
2019-6-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you have a look on the Srt-file on the SD card yet? It´s the subtitle file for the Mov- or Mp4-file. The Phantoms cam writes it parallel to the video file onto the card and has the same name as the video file.
The default content si the time the x and y position(GPS) and the baro value and the cam setting.
2019-6-26
Use props
torr3
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 6-26 02:20
Did you have a look on the Srt-file on the SD card yet? It´s the subtitle file for the Mov- or Mp4-file. The Phantoms cam writes it parallel to the video file onto the card and has the same name as the video file.
The default content si the time the x and y position(GPS) and the baro value and the cam setting.

Thanks Peterx for your response, but the Phantom 4 does not produce an SRT file like the Phantom 3 did. The metadata for Phantom 4 videos is embedded in the .MOV file. I am hoping someone can tell me how to access the time info in this metadata, as all I can see now is x,y, baro and camera settings.
2019-6-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What computer are you using? And can you use Videolan or gomplayer on your system ?
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules