Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Smart Controller Beta Version Release Notes
21287 175 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

The Smart Auto frequency selection needs A lot of work.  Lots of cut-outs, grey outs, AC disconnected (even when its on the ground 5 feet from the controller!!) vs the standard controller.  If you run it in manual selection it does not cut out.

It needs to be worked on before release.  Have the app automatically select the one with the lowest valley.  For some reason auto doesn't do that and selects a higher heighted one.  (makes zero sense!!)  If there is even a hint of Strong Controller interference (it says it but the feed is solid) it should automatically select a lower valley one somewhere else on the chart.  I'm getting the huge minecraft pixels at 5.8G at times so I put it to 2.4G so it stops because eventually it starts to say "no signal" which is not comforting.

It takes a while to get to the screen to select it and when you trying to film on the move you have to stop to fix it otherwise it will ask to to RTH w/ a feed coming back and forth like you are flying at max distance but you are only 100m away.
2019-9-5
Use props
kalich5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1428333 ft

When will the new version of the Smart Controller software be released?
2019-9-5
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-5 17:21
The Smart Auto frequency selection needs A lot of work.  Lots of cut-outs, grey outs, AC disconnected (even when its on the ground 5 feet from the controller!!) vs the standard controller.  If you run it in manual selection it does not cut out.

It needs to be worked on before release.  Have the app automatically select the one with the lowest valley.  For some reason auto doesn't do that and selects a higher heighted one.  (makes zero sense!!)  If there is even a hint of Strong Controller interference (it says it but the feed is solid) it should automatically select a lower valley one somewhere else on the chart.  I'm getting the huge minecraft pixels at 5.8G at times so I put it to 2.4G so it stops because eventually it starts to say "no signal" which is not comforting.

I always leave mine in auto frequency selection and haven't experienced the behavior you have described.
2019-9-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-6 13:04
I always leave mine in auto frequency selection and haven't experienced the behavior you have described.

If you don't live in a highly dense area you won't know.  If I fly in the open fields I never lose connection.
2019-9-6
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

KlooGee Posted at 9-6 13:04

I can say the same.
2019-9-6
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>

Any problems encountered ???
2019-9-12
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

Is it possible to release a new beta with updated DJI Go 4?
2019-9-16
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft

DanielVieira Posted at 9-16 06:47
Is it possible to release a new beta with updated DJI Go 4?

It seems that we will get the beta AFTER the final version has be released or the beta program is already stopped and noone knows it ;/
2019-9-17
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>

@DJI Panda, no news about new firmware?!
2019-9-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer

DanielVieira Posted at 9-18 01:57
@DJI Panda, no news about new firmware?!

This beta is a joke.... it has been forgotten since day 01... no replies  or feedbacks for the testers at all....
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

ro_flyer Posted at 9-18 08:45
This beta is a joke.... it has been forgotten since day 01... no replies  or feedbacks for the testers at all....

I gave feedback directly to dji, got no response, I gave some feedback here No response from dji, this beta now looks like an after thought, I have tested beta program’s for dji in the past and this is nothing like what I had done before, there is absolutely no interaction from dji whatsoever, I’ve basically given up on this.
It’s now time to introduce new FW and to bring SRC up to date with both software and Firmware .
It’s amazing that on a dji dedicated thread that we find it impossible to get any information from anyone from dji.
2019-9-18
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-18 09:44
I gave feedback directly to dji, got no response, I gave some feedback here No response from dji, this beta now looks like an after thought, I have tested beta program’s for dji in the past and this is nothing like what I had done before, there is absolutely no interaction from dji whatsoever, I’ve basically given up on this.
It’s now time to introduce new FW and to bring SRC up to date with both software and Firmware .
It’s amazing that on a dji dedicated thread that we find it impossible to get any information from anyone from dji.

I agree!  I did the same and got no interaction as well!  It seems like strange times at DJI these days.  
2019-9-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>

It have, unfortunately, been very evident for a long time that DJI have decreased their customer relations. There is no response from the Beta team here, and general support here at the forum is seldom here and answer.

When it comes to beta testing and communications, DJI have all their chances as many of us wants to test and drive the products and features farther, and help seeing to it that when a final version is released, it is tested by many people. But there needs to be a two-way communication.
2019-9-18
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft

Rob W Posted at 9-18 23:11
It have, unfortunately, been very evident for a long time that DJI have decreased their customer relations. There is no response from the Beta team here, and general support here at the forum is seldom here and answer.

When it comes to beta testing and communications, DJI have all their chances as many of us wants to test and drive the products and features farther, and help seeing to it that when a final version is released, it is tested by many people. But there needs to be a two-way communication.

I agree with you.

New products are constantly being generated and a lot of money put into advertising.
Promised functions are missing and will be developed only after months.
The maintenance of existing products and customers remains on the way.
I think that this approach is not the right one and eventually it comes to a big bang.
And this "beta test" reflects this view again.....
2019-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 9-18 23:11

The team were a Beta team, they don’t even know where they are themselves hehe .
2019-9-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Imagine if some people on the DJI Smart Controller beta team died or left.  Atari had vehicles and stuff ready to release for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but then development pretty much straight died.  I assume the people went to Microsoft and made Forza Horizon.

Things like this happen but sometimes no one really sends any news.  I heard way back that the Rockstar games office totally burned down or something.  This was before GTA 5. They made GTA 5 and made at least a billion the first month or at most a year.

The amount of reliability DJI is, from what I've seen there is a lot of promise.

I'm saying, flawless flights, getting exactly what you need in the air, and coming down clean every single time.  Sometimes straight over vehicles, buildings, water, sparse people etc.  Basically, you cannot go down and the HD reliability being so good, zero issues.

The Smart Controller feed cut-outs are brutal compared to the Standard controller.  If anything, I hope they fix the way it decides how to frequency switch.  If a better method shows too much hard erroring, just use the standard method.
2019-9-20
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 13:35
Imagine if some people on the DJI Smart Controller beta team died or left.  Atari had vehicles and stuff ready to release for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but then development pretty much straight died.  I assume the people went to Microsoft and made Forza Horizon.

Things like this happen but sometimes no one really sends any news.  I heard way back that the Rockstar games office totally burned down or something.  This was before GTA 5. They made GTA 5 and made at least a billion the first month or at most a year.

Sorry friend but i have zero problems with video feed from SC....actually the only problem i have now is the outdated DJI GO 4 version...other than that is a very good device.

Btw i do some live TV broadcast with this remote with zero issues.
2019-9-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 9-20 14:03
Sorry friend but i have zero problems with video feed from SC....actually the only problem i have now is the outdated DJI GO 4 version...other than that is a very good device.

Btw i do some live TV broadcast with this remote with zero issues.

I have zero issues too but certain areas that are high interference zones and the feed just cuts then comes back but then had cuts while on the ground near me even after turning it off and on.  I had the P4 too take off from the same spot with Zero issues on the Standard controller.  That uses Ocusync 2.0 too.
2019-9-20
Use props
Error code 0x00c007 when updating smart controller.
2019-9-20
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>

Llamalu1@gmail.com Posted at 9-20 14:37
Error code 0x00c007 when updating smart controller.

To what version are you updating?
2019-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

I have updated to 01.00.0510, but I’m still on .21 software, i haven’t been able to see how all is working bad weather, I have tried battery warning and this works .
2019-9-21
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572454 ft

Any news of changing Shutter with 5D toggle button, like you can with original controller?
2019-9-22
Use props
Glen
lvl.3

Glen Posted at 9-22 02:46
Any news of changing Shutter with 5D toggle button, like you can with original controller?

HELLO BETA TESTERS CAN YOU ANSWER THE ABOVE???
2019-9-24
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>

Glen Posted at 9-22 02:46

It works just as the original controller....and you dont need the beta FW for that...
In M mode the Increase EV and Decrease EV just change the shutter speed.
2019-9-24
Use props
Glen
lvl.3

DanielVieira Posted at 9-24 02:53
It works just as the original controller....and you dont need the beta FW for that...
In M mode the Increase EV and Decrease EV just change the shutter speed.

I am talking about Hyperlapse mode being able to change the shutter with the 5D button, like you can on the original controller!!
2019-9-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info!
2019-9-30
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-25 22:27
Beta version. And the final version will be released ASAP.

Any more news about new beta FW or final release?
2019-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 10-1 06:59

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope “

A lot of BS is going on here .
2019-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 10-1 06:59

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope “

A lot of BS is going on here .
2019-10-1
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 14:06
I have zero issues too but certain areas that are high interference zones and the feed just cuts then comes back but then had cuts while on the ground near me even after turning it off and on.  I had the P4 too take off from the same spot with Zero issues on the Standard controller.  That uses Ocusync 2.0 too.

I am having similar experience , i.e.choppy  video feedback in dense skylines area, I am not  flying between the skylines,  just parallel  to them along the seashore line and noting blocking me and M2P Once the drone at about 500ish m distance from the take off point  then the video feedback starts to choppy and lagging.
One DJI mate advised  using smaller capacity microSD card (<64GB) resolved his same issue , which I have 256GB Scandisk A1.
Some also says use microSD card A2 version , which is almost triple times faster read/write then A1.
I will give a try if this was the culprit or not.
2019-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 10-4 19:35
I am having similar experience , i.e.choppy  video feedback in dense skylines area, I am not  flying between the skylines,  just parallel  to them along the seashore line and noting blocking me and M2P Once the drone at about 500ish m distance from the take off point  then the video feedback starts to choppy and lagging.
One DJI mate advised  using smaller capacity microSD card (

yeah, V30 128GB is A2
2019-10-4
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>

Well the truth is the beta is not the latest fw available for the SC, some guys here in the forum have v01.00.0590 that came from factory....

Why DJI doesnt release this version to public?!
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Dear dji Panda, I feel it’s only fair that you give some answers here on this thread, many SC users wanting to know when SC will update to latest app software, I’m certain you realize that SC users paid a premium for their controllers and it was also said by moderators on this forum that SC users would not have to wait for Software updates, right now dji are in breech of this, but more than that the mere fact that dji have refused to answer customers questions regarding when software will be brought up to date and continue to ignore its users is a serious indictment on your company.

I await your reply as soon as you can, but I’m afraid just as users have been ignored up to now I fear at this stage no answer will be forthcoming, dji have been clearly disingenuous on this matter and their silence on the matter shows how little they care about their customers and how quickly after they take their money they decide to ignore or accept any responsibility for delay with latest software app update.
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-7 07:55
Dear dji Panda, I feel it’s only fair that you give some answers here on this thread, many SC users wanting to know when SC will update to latest app software, I’m certain you realize that SC users paid a premium for their controllers and it was also said by moderators on this forum that SC users would not have to wait for Software updates, right now dji are in breech of this, but more than that the mere fact that dji have refused to answer customers questions regarding when software will be brought up to date and continue to ignore its users is a serious indictment on your company.

I await your reply as soon as you can, but I’m afraid just as users have been ignored up to now I fear at this stage no answer will be forthcoming, dji have been clearly disingenuous on this matter and their silence on the matter shows how little they care about their customers and how quickly after they take their money they decide to ignore or accept any responsibility for delay with latest software app update.

You can clearly see from FAQ on dji website for SC that it says that dji go4 app and dji go4 for SC will be updated simultaneously.
Well it’s pretty clear this is completely untrue and needs to either be removed as a lie on djis website or policy needs to change regarding updating SC.

2019-10-7
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>

DJI support have pretty much left this area. They only chime in if someone post a nice picture/video or give appraise of their products. Anything else is pretty much ignored.
2019-10-7
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

DJI after-sales support of its products in general is appallingly bad for an industry leader. A case in point is the Smart Controller, early versions of which are still stuck on outdated firmware and Go 4 app with no official means of updating them because the device's auto-update feature is broken! DJI Tony admitted this on these forums. And yet DJI continually urge users to update to the latest firmware and flight apps to ensure safe operations.

I'm not a user but the Crystal Sky display is another neglected device with no sign of updates after many months. My Inspire 2, previously stable on release, after a succession of flawed firmware updates now floats around the sky like a drunken sailor with no visible attempt by DJI to acknowledge the issue, let alone address it.

Management needs to understand that customer goodwill generated by effective and timely product support is just as important as producing industry-leading drone technology.
2019-10-7
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>

This is really very poor. Here they ask a boatload of money for the smart controller and yet, they don't bother updating the firmware/software to stay in sync.
Totally unacceptable. Not sure what is going on with DJI, but after that big money scandal a while back they are "sitting on their hands" (or laurels they might think..).
Oh well some of the competitive products and companies are starting to look better and better.....
2019-10-8
Use props
Alenik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262844 ft

Not Sure if this helps of nor but you can install the latest (well the 4.3.24) version of DJI Go 4 app on the smart controller with no problem. It is a bit tricky to get the file but it works.
2019-10-9
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer

Alenik Posted at 10-9 09:46
Not Sure if this helps of nor but you can install the latest (well the 4.3.24) version of DJI Go 4 app on the smart controller with no problem. It is a bit tricky to get the file but it works.

DJI GO 4 for Android is already in v4.3.25. For some users it is available on Google PlayStore.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-199612-1-1.html

2019-10-9
Use props
Alenik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262844 ft

ro_flyer Posted at 10-9 10:48
DJI GO 4 for Android is already in v4.3.25. For some users it is available on Google PlayStore.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-199612-1-1.html

O sorry i meant for the smart controller. My bad
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules