Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Smart Controller Beta Version Release Notes
12345Next >
21277 175 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Pilot App:         v1.4.0
DJI Assistant 2:         DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8

What’s New?
•        Added SkyTalk. Go to DJI Lab under settings to enable. Once SkyTalk is enabled, the live view from the aircraft can be shared with friends via third-party social media apps.
•        Added support for Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Under Aircraft Management, the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 can now be added and managed.
•        Optimized the process of selecting the default storage location. Reduced the frequency with which the Smart Controller would restart.
•        Added audio recording during screen recording. Before recording the screen, go to sound under settings to disable or enable audio recording for screen recording.
•        Added electronic Quick Start Guide for Smart Controller.

Notes:
•        To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to update the Smart Controller to the latest firmware version.
•        Smart Controller with a firmware version of v01.00.0475 or earlier must be updated using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in the System Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/en/mavic-2/info#downloads.
•        Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.
•        Internet connection is required for SkyTalk.

2019-6-25
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Is it a beta or the final stable version? Thanks
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Flight distance : 530584 ft
Hong Kong

Dronie2 Posted at 6-25 21:53
Is it a beta or the final stable version? Thanks

Beta version. And the final version will be released ASAP.
2019-6-25
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Thank you very much for the info
2019-6-25
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is it available yet? I tried to check with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v2.0.8 and it shows no new firmware, no beta firmware. Latest listed firmware is v01.00.0530.
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 6-26 02:36
Is it available yet? I tried to check with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v2.0.8 and it shows no new firmware, no beta firmware. Latest listed firmware is v01.00.0530.

Please make sure you have been invited to the beta test.
2019-6-26
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-26 03:50
Please make sure you have been invited to the beta test.

Me (and several others here), have asked if the beta was running at all, and if we got onto it, but we got no reply from OP or anyone at all at DJI.

I guess I was not accepted into the beta then, although I've been a loyal beta tester for many years, testing different Phantoms, Inspires, XT, Osmo, accessories...
2019-6-26
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Rob W Posted at 6-26 04:05
Me (and several others here), have asked if the beta was running at all, and if we got onto it, but we got no reply from OP or anyone at all at DJI.

I guess I was not accepted into the beta then, although I've been a loyal beta tester for many years, testing different Phantoms, Inspires, XT, Osmo, accessories...

Same here! sent my application got the e-mail. Also participated in several beta programs along the years.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TheDon Posted at 6-26 08:01
Same here!  sent my application got the e-mail. Also participated in several beta programs along the years.

I got the email and when starting up my SRC it just offered new FW, no other instructions, everything is a bit vague, I’ve done betas before but was always aware of what I was doing , a bit strange is this one .
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Same here!  sent my application got the e-mail. Also participated in several beta programs along the years.

I got the email and when starting up my SRC it just offered new FW, no other instructions, everything is a bit vague, I’ve done betas before but was always aware of what I was doing , a bit strange is this one .
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I just switched on SRC and it offered update, I did get confirmation email but no instructions it’s all very vague I’ve done betas before but was always aware of what I was doing.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I just switched on SRC and it offered update, I did get confirmation email but no instructions it’s all very vague I’ve done betas before but was always aware of what I was doing.
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 6-26 04:05
Me (and several others here), have asked if the beta was running at all, and if we got onto it, but we got no reply from OP or anyone at all at DJI.

Hi,  since we've already checked all the applicant from the DJI SRC beta test, I guess we still need more beta tester right now, would you please send us your email and we will give you the registration form.
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 6-26 09:28
I just switched on SRC and it offered update, I did get confirmation email but no instructions it’s all very vague I’ve done betas before but was always aware of what I was doing.[view_image]

Don't worry bro, if you don't like this beta version, you could just use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (v2.0.8) to do the downgrade work easily.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-26 21:23
Don't worry bro, if you don't like this beta version, you could just use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (v2.0.8) to do the downgrade work easily.

Just uploaded and tested for short time, all good so far, thank you .
2019-6-26
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-26 21:20
Hi,  since we've already checked all the applicant from the DJI SRC beta test, I guess we still need more beta tester right now, would you please send us your email and we will give you the registration form.

Hey SMc team! Can I send you a PM with my mail ? Have an awesome day!
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Hong Kong

TheDon Posted at 6-26 23:53
Hey SMc team! Can I send you a PM with my mail ? Have an awesome day!

sure, free to go with smcteam@dji.com, always welcome the voice from user.
2019-6-27
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-27 00:08
sure, free to go with , always welcome the voice from user.

Sent! ;) thx
2019-6-27
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I also applied to be a beta tester on the 1st of April.
I didn't hear a thing back. I just now sent an email to the SRC team ask if I can be a tester.

Cheers

Marty
2019-6-27
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank's! I now got the beta firmware in DJI Assistant. I just installed it successfully and will start the testing.
2019-6-27
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

I suppose the new version still doesn't properly fix the time issue?
2019-6-27
Use props
Thellamie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201854 ft
United States

Assume it still doesn't fix time issue, SD card issue, custom stick configuration, map downloading.... the list continues to grow AND now DJI is adding more models (P4P+ V2)?
2019-6-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Can anyone post some screenshots or screen record of the SKYTALK feature in action please? I'm curious about it....
2019-6-27
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I also had applied for beta testing and got no response, can i join now?

Thanks
2019-6-27
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forestjim Posted at 6-27 02:24
I also applied to be a beta tester on the 1st of April.
I didn't hear a thing back. I just now sent an email to the SRC team ask if I can be a tester.

Thanks, I received my tester confirm.
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Hong Kong

DanielVieira Posted at 6-27 14:07
I also had applied for beta testing and got no response, can i join now?

Thanks

Yep, just send us mail and we will give you a form to fill.
2019-6-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 6-27 07:39
Can anyone post some screenshots or screen record of the SKYTALK feature in action please? I'm curious about it....

Its nothing fancy.  Its just the same as in the iOS or Android version of being able to go live on Facebook, YouTube, etc.
2019-6-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

While doing the update to the 0565 version from the 0530 version, the update would say it completed successfully, but wasn't actually updated.  I went through this process 3 times with the same results.  I then removed the SD card and tried again and everything seemed to be updated correctly.
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI SMC Team
DJI SMC Team
Hong Kong

KlooGee Posted at 6-27 19:13
While doing the update to the 0565 version from the 0530 version, the update would say it completed successfully, but wasn't actually updated.  I went through this process 3 times with the same results.  I then removed the SD card and tried again and everything seemed to be updated correctly.

Sorry to hear that, could you zip the /Dpad/com.dpad.update/ folder and send to us?
2019-6-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-27 19:43
Sorry to hear that, could you zip the /Dpad/com.dpad.update/ folder and send to us?

I will try to get it to you tomorrow.  

Also, when trying to go live with Facebook, I didn't see any way to be able to go live on one of my business pages as opposed to my personal account.  I will double check again tomorrow to be sure I didn't over look the option to do this.  With the iOS DJI Go 4 app, once I log in, I can easily choose a page I manage or my personal account.  From my perspective, I only ever go live on one of my pages.  So without that capability, the feature isn't useful for me.
2019-6-27
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal

DJI SMC Team,

I also had applied for beta testing and the response I've is for Inspire 2..., can i join now?

I'll send you an e-mail.

Thanks
2019-6-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-27 19:43

Email sent with the zipped folder from both internal storage as well as the SD card.
2019-6-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lots of feedback around SkyTalk or live streaming:

- When I enable SkyTalk in DJI Labs, a screen pops up and displays something in what I think is Chinese with no English on it at all.  No idea what it is saying.  What is this screen trying to tell me?
- What exactly is "SkyTalk"?  I don't see any differences in the interface anywhere at all when I enable SkyTalk in the DJI Lab settings.
- With SkyTalk enabled or disabled, I still see the "Choose Live Streaming Platform" option in General Settings.
- When choosing Facebook Streaming, after logging in, I have no ability to choose a managed page to stream to, it only will stream to my personal account.  
- I have no interest or need to stream to Facebook with my personal account.  I need to be able to stream to my managed pages like I can in the iOS version of DJI Go 4.
- For YouTube live streaming, it wants to use a browser to be able to authenticate my YT account.  The built in Lightning browser is not supported by Google.
- So I downloaded the Opera browser and was able to choose it and authenticate to my YT account successfully.
- However, after pressing the Go Live button, it is only about 25% of the time that I actually get to go live.  It quite often hangs up starting the encoder or starting the actual live stream
- If the encoder does start successfully, there is a message that says "The live stream is ready.  Tap Start Stream to start".  However, there is no "Start Stream" button.  The button is blue and says "Stop Live".
- If you press that "Stop Live" button, then it changes the status to "Starting...".
- Sometimes the live stream actually starts, but quite often it never actually starts at all.
- Overall, the live streaming process is not good at all right now and I personally think it needs a lot of work before being ready for mass consumption.

I will try to add screenshots later.

2019-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hallmark007 Posted at 6-26 23:36
Just uploaded and tested for short time, all good so far, thank you .

Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for the uploading and testing the Beta Version. If you have any inquiries with the Beta Version or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-28
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

I have sent my findings so far, and some suggestions via e-mail to the SMC team.
2019-6-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Rob W Posted at 6-28 23:47
I have sent my findings so far, and some suggestions via e-mail to the SMC team.

Could you please share them with us, Rob?
2019-7-1
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI SMC Team Posted at 6-27 18:41
Yep, just send us mail and we will give you a form to fill.

PM sent with my email.

Thanks
2019-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

When trying to go live on YouTube, there is a message that says "The live stream is ready.  Tap Start Stream to start".  However, there is no "Start Stream" button.  The button is blue and says "Stop Live".

When I enable SkyTalk in DJI Labs, a screen pops up and displays something in what I think is Chinese with no English on it at all.  No idea what it is saying.  What is this screen trying to tell me?
2019-7-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 7-2 05:21
When trying to go live on YouTube, there is a message that says "The live stream is ready.  Tap Start Stream to start".  However, there is no "Start Stream" button.  The button is blue and says "Stop Live".
[view_image]

That screen is saying: "Press 1 for English!" (g)
2019-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 7-2 06:46
That screen is saying: "Press 1 for English!" (g)

Haha!  Thanks for the translation!  
2019-7-2
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules