Final software update?
1185 2 2019-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzby
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've an original Osmo Mobile, I've never updated the firmware but after downloading the DJI Assistant 2 software (with all the warnings that it is discontinued) discovered that my firmware version is v1.6.0.80 dated 2017.06.05, so it must have shipped with this (as I never updated this previously).  

Would I be correct in assuming that as it has been replaced by the Osmo Mobile 2, there will be no further updates to the firmware, and I'll be safe in deleting the Assistant 2 software due to there being nothing else for it to do?

2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As more advanced products are released, older products reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it. The firmware will no longer be provided for the product that has reached the End of Life. Thank you for understanding.
2019-6-26
Use props
Buzby
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So - (reading between the lines) I can delete DJI Assistant 2 as it will serve no other function, and that the Original Osmo Mobile will receive no further firmware updates?
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules