Flight Simulator mode on Smart Controller
11956 11 2019-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Towery
lvl.1
United States

I have the Smart Controller and a Mavic 2, brand new. I could swear that when I was researching all of this I saw a video with the Smart Controller in flight simulator mode so you can learn to fly, ie it is built into the SC, you don't have to run anything on your PC/whatever.

But now I can't find anything about that, in the SC manual, google searches, youtube, etc. The DJI product page doesn't list it as a feature.

Was I dreaming or can anyone help me figure out how to get the Smart Controller into Flight Simulator mode?
2019-6-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

You can use your Smart Controller (SC) with the PC version of the Flight Simulator. The SC itself doesn't have a built in Flight Simulator.
2019-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, DJI Smart Controller doesn't have a built-in Flight Simulator. However, DJI Smart Controller has been supported by DJI Flight Simulator PC version and it only requires an updated firmware. Should you have any other inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-29
Use props
KegAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53835 ft
United Kingdom

I thought the same also, as I’ve seen a basic version of the simulator on the SC, with the drone on,  but no props. What I find astonishing is that the simulator is not available on an APPPLE Mac and yet all drone packaging says designed for Apple ?
2019-12-30
Use props
mpaull
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2961795 ft
United Kingdom

Bob, I too have now discovered the flight sim has disappreared from the smart controller- did you find out what happened?
2020-5-23
Use props
mpaull
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bob, I too have now discovered the flight sim has disappreared from the smart controller- did you find out what happened?
2020-5-23
Use props
mpaull
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I found the Flight Sim - download 'DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic' and connect the drone. You'll see the Flight Simulator there. Happy flying!
2020-9-25
Use props
Crossbowxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196952 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-6-29 08:13
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, DJI Smart Controller doesn't have a built-in Flight Simulator. However, DJI Smart Controller has been supported by DJI Flight Simulator PC version and it only requires an updated firmware. Should you have any other inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

You need more than that unfortunately. I have the latest of the firmware and simulator and it does not work. The USB drivers in the simulator package do not solve the problem with the simulator not finding the smart controller at this time. Not sure what he has for a drone either but my Mavic Air 2 is not one of the drones in the simulator yet. :-(
2021-1-10
Use props
Crossbowxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196952 ft

United States

Crossbowxy Posted at 1-10 13:15
You need more than that unfortunately. I have the latest of the firmware and simulator and it does not work. The USB drivers in the simulator package do not solve the problem with the simulator not finding the smart controller at this time. Not sure what he has for a drone either but my Mavic Air 2 is not one of the drones in the simulator yet. :-(

After the third time I flashed the smart controller firmware using the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 did the simulator finally recognize that I had a smart controller and to use it instead of the keyboard commands. Not sure why it didn't update the other 2 times properly. Maybe because the update takes so long that to keep it from timing out you have to keep hitting buttons on the controller to keep it going (though I had done that also in the past). I guess if you first do not succeed, try, try again.
The return to home button on my controller is acting odd though and makes it continue to beep on the controller even after the drone returns to home in the simulator. I had to turn off and back on the controller to get it to stop (but that is another topic now).
2021-1-12
Use props
coltfreeman
New
Flight distance : 36644 ft

United States

mpaull Posted at 2020-9-25 02:18
I found the Flight Sim - download 'DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic' and connect the drone. You'll see the Flight Simulator there. Happy flying!

Can you walk me through this?
2021-6-15
Use props
mpaull
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, apologies as I've only just seen your request. If you haven't already managed - download and install the DJI Assistant software and run it. Connect you Mavic via a USB cable and switch on the drone. You'll see in the software's window that the drone has been recognised and there are some options.
Bear with me as I'm doing this from memory but if it serves me correctly if you also switch on your flight controller, in the apps is the flight sim. And away you go. Best of luck!
2022-1-18
Use props
Anurag Roy
lvl.1
India

Where can I get the activation code for the dji flight simulator?
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules