Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller automatically turned on, and cut my finger.
1668 12 2019-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apollon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243999 ft
Greece

Hi, as i was fixing the propellers, checking everything before i take off, one of the propellers boosted up, started working, cut my finger and stoped working. ( I did not have any connection to the remote controller it was inside the bag still ) not even connected to the phone.

Could somehow the wind make the propeller start ? I have no clue how did that happen.
2019-6-29
Use props
fans19db8551
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352851 ft
Singapore

wow that is weird.
2019-6-30
Use props
fans19db8551
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352851 ft
Singapore

usually i would turn the remote on first as the normal sequence before the mavic to turn on. i think it's better to practice that protocol in the future even if you're not planning to fly.
i've been hit by both the stock and low noise props. i would say the low noise ones cut nastier with the thinner blades. I think at some point we all will get hit with the props.
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we are so sorry to read about your unpleasant experience with the unit. We sent you an email to further check on this. Please check later. Thank you.
2019-6-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No idea what went wrong.  You should always check the props before turning on the drone.
2019-6-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the props before tuning on the drone and switch on the RC before the AC
2019-7-1
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Always start up remote before the drone. And switch off the remote as last.
2019-7-1
Use props
Apollon
lvl.2
Greece

JohnDG Posted at 7-1 03:11
Always start up remote before the drone. And switch off the remote as last.

the drone was not even on, thanks for commenting ..
2019-7-1
Use props
Apollon
lvl.2
Greece

A J Posted at 7-1 01:27
Check the props before tuning on the drone and switch on the RC before the AC

i was checking at the props, the drone was not even on while the incident happened.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apollon Posted at 7-1 13:24
i was checking at the props, the drone was not even on while the incident happened.

I see - that is caused by the wind catching the prop - leave the props folded when doing a compass calibration/handling the drone then when level on the ground unfold them before arming the motors.
2019-7-1
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

A J Posted at 7-1 14:51
I see - that is caused by the wind catching the prop - leave the props folded when doing a compass calibration/handling the drone then when level on the ground unfold them before arming the motors.

Oh wow... I can't see the wind spinning a prop hard enough to cut a finger like that.  Unless that wind was a hurricaine.  I agree.  Leave the props folded while calibration, but I just can't see the wind spinning them that hard.  
2019-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brad Bilger Posted at 7-4 16:14
Oh wow... I can't see the wind spinning a prop hard enough to cut a finger like that.  Unless that wind was a hurricaine.  I agree.  Leave the props folded while calibration, but I just can't see the wind spinning them that hard.

Check out youtube - those blades spin very fast indeed and enough to cut skin - and it doesn't need to be a hurricane
2019-7-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vid is prob fake.
2019-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now