Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys and Ladies,

There are questions out there inquiring about what is the best drone for photography or videography. I will make an attempt to break that down. For aerial photography or videography, a drone is a great tool of the trade. As a mechanic would say "you have to use the right tool for the right job". For the right tool for the aerial photographer and videographer may not be just the drone that he or she operates but a series of tools. For example, I took some image using my DJI Spark drone. I went about 200 feet up from my home. In this particular instance, I keep the DJI Spark on Auto-Focus with image default settings. After I shot the image, I edited in Adobe Photoshop (LightRoom is great too) to get the desired effect that I would like to have. Whether you have a DJI Spark, Mavic Series, Phantom Series, or Inspire Series drone, the effective aerial photography tools depend on the experience of the drone pilot, the weather conditions, knowledge of the photo editing software compared to the decision to use filters on the drone and to make proper image judgments. These are my opinions on what is the best drone for photography or videography. If you are on the fence about purchasing a drone for photography or videography, do your research, and know your budget to make the informed decision.

Fly safe and fly right.
Note: The second image is a screenshot taken by the QuadcopterGuide as another great example of videography.

Image taken with DJI Spark edited in Photoshop

Image taken with DJI Spark edited in Photoshop
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 4.29.34 PM.png
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative threads to our valued DJI Forum members. This would be very helpful to our co-pilots. Cheers!
2019-6-30
Use props
Mycamblur
New
United Kingdom

OK so I had a major issue with my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday....a combination of getting 'controller connection error' and the auto exposure going haywire.  On reviewing the footage, within 3 minutes the image went from normal to totally washed out.  On landing and rebooting, I got a warning that 'ambient light is too low for the forward sensors to work'.  This was in the middle of a sunny afternoon.   Any ideas what is happening here?

Screengrabs of from the flight attached
2019-7-1
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mycamblur Posted at 7-1 02:21
OK so I had a major issue with my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday....a combination of getting 'controller connection error' and the auto exposure going haywire.  On reviewing the footage, within 3 minutes the image went from normal to totally washed out.  On landing and rebooting, I got a warning that 'ambient light is too low for the forward sensors to work'.  This was in the middle of a sunny afternoon.   Any ideas what is happening here?

Screengrabs of from the flight attached[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hey Mycomblur. I would contact DJI first to make sure that it is not a problem with the camera. The ambient light is too low on a sunny day does not sit well with me either. Also, if I have to make a guess that you had your ISO set to Auto. I would also check the white balance in the Mavic Pro settings and make sure it is set to "Sunny".  I recommend that you contact DJI to make sure that the camera is working properly. After that, you try it again using the adjusted settings. Please let me know how it works out. I am indeed curious to know the outcome of the problem that you are having.
2019-7-1
Use props
Fat Controller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a couple of videos that came out exactly like that. It turned out that I'd inadvertently moved the C2 controller wheel and dialled in a big + EV. Resetting EV to 0 sorted the problem.
2019-7-26
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules