4386 132 2019-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 03:44
The idea is to address the troubles at hand and nothing else.
That's a lot of maritime training though.

Without that level of training I could not run my business or as I often do - go out on assignments same as I send my guys out on.

I have respect from my guys through not asking anything I am not prepared to do.

As to address the troubles ? As I see it - there are none. You started this thread asking if there was a way to counter Compass error via take-off mat. Was answered - then degenerated into a slanging match that really is just not worthy of anyone here.
2019-7-2
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I watched a Ken Heron video where he takes off from a concrete and steel bridge in Tennessee near the TVA power plant. I wonder if he powered on his drone at home, put it in the car and hastily drove to the bridge to get around magnetic interference? I'll have to post that question to his video.
2019-7-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Mark ... I have a concrete standing in front of my house ... it has some rebar in it. I can ~70% of the time power up on it and no warning at all. But some days it just will not play there at all.

I ought to test to see if take-off is possible with warning ... and see if the generally accepted warning stops once risen away from influence. It will have to wait - weather forecast for this week is terrible.
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 7-2 22:48
Mark ... I have a concrete standing in front of my house ... it has some rebar in it. I can ~70% of the time power up on it and no warning at all. But some days it just will not play there at all.

I ought to test to see if take-off is possible with warning ... and see if the generally accepted warning stops once risen away from influence. It will have to wait - weather forecast for this week is terrible.

Do you use the sticks to power it up or you take-off in atti mode?

If the cannot take-off due to compass interference doesn't allow me to take-off like I can with the Mavic 2 I take it seriously.
2019-7-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 23:21
Do you use the sticks to power it up or you take-off in atti mode?

If the cannot take-off due to compass interference doesn't allow me to take-off like I can with the Mavic 2 I take it seriously.

??

I'm lazy ... I tap the Auto Take-off on screen ...

Only if I am testing motors do I use the Stick to Start method.

ATTI mode ? Why ? I have a load of other multi's I can fly ATTI with .. I only fly ATTI with my P3P if keeping my hand in if needed.
It may be that when I test - that if it shows Compass Error - ATTI mode is only way to take off .. we'll see when weather improves.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 7-3 04:13
??

I'm lazy ... I tap the Auto Take-off on screen ...

When I need to Calibrate the P4 compass it won't let me take-off at all.
2019-7-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 04:17

OK ... fair enough
2019-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 04:17

When you need to calibrate the compass?
You mean when your compass is warning you about a magnetic problem in the launch area.
Newsflash .. recalibrating the compass isn't going to fix the problem your compass is warning you about.

You don't need to recalibrate the compass.
2019-7-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 7-3 05:13
You mean when your compass is warning you about a magnetic problem in the launch area.
Newsflash .. recalibrating the compass isn't going to fix the problem your compass is warning you about.

I think he just typed quickly and meant when he gets warning ...

I'm not his defender ... just would like to see the 'levels of comms' reduce !!
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-3 05:13

I can take-off immediately with the Mavic 2 even with "Compass error".  I have to take-off on top of a boardwalk and of course, you can't really Move from that position due to the amount of people around.

I can't take off w/ the P4 at all but I haven't tried taking off in any other mode than P because someone said don't take off in A.  I got worried about a fly away.
2019-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 14:00
I can take-off immediately with the Mavic 2 even with "Compass error".  I have to take-off on top of a boardwalk and of course, you can't really Move from that position due to the amount of people around.

I can't take off w/ the P4 at all but I haven't tried taking off in any other mode than P because someone said don't take off in A.  I got worried about a fly away.

I got worried about a fly away.
A flyaway is juts a drone owner that lost his drone and doesn't understand why.
Drones don't fly away but some owners don't know how to fly properly.

I can take-off immediately with the Mavic 2 even with "Compass error".  I have to take-off on top of a boardwalk.
You don't have to take-off from a boardwalk.
Launching from reinforced concrete surfaces is asking for trouble.
If your compass is warning you, best pay attention.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-3 15:44
I got worried about a fly away.
A flyaway is juts a drone owner that lost his drone and doesn't understand why.
Drones don't fly away but some owners don't know how to fly properly.

That's why I'm not taking off with the P4 over a boardwalk.  If it doesn't work in P, it doesn't work for a reason, but I need to see if it would work in Atti mode.  I never got around to doing it yet.

I need to have some sort of magnetic interference sensor.

Is this good?  I need to research which one is good.  The weird thing is when you get a "Compass error" when all the compass bars are below 3 digits.
https://www.amazon.com/KKmeter-Electromagnetic-Radiation-Detector-Handheld/dp/B07B9WHGN3/ref=asc_df_B07B9WHGN3/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312096362814&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13512809909150202302&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052990&hvtargid=pla-511755129834&psc=1
2019-7-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 15:48
That's why I'm not taking off with the P4 over a boardwalk.  If it doesn't work in P, it doesn't work for a reason, but I need to see if it would work in Atti mode.  I never got around to doing it yet.

"I need to have some sort of magnetic interference sensor."

You have one already, your P4 Pro V2.

2019-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 15:48

Yes ... good idea.
It would come in handy when you know that your compass is intentionally giving you incorrect information.
2019-7-3
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-29 23:37
But it's not that out there compared to GPS unless they are trying to fly it in 3rd person.  Maybe they don't know how to fly at all and cannot RTH as a novice.

Huh?  This makes absolutely no sense at all.  Pretty much like everything else posted by AntHead-DX.

2019-7-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

NM_Quad Posted at 7-3 16:49
Huh?  This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Yup, not much of what he writes DOES make sense. He writes in a simialr way to how Picasso paints.
2019-7-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 7-3 16:58
Yup, not much of what he writes DOES make sense. He writes in a simialr way to how Picasso paints.

If both of you - yes, Labroides, you to - ever try to insult me the way you punish this poor individual with monstrously elevated ego, I'll fly down there and punch you in the nose really hard ! Hopefully It's not going to happen ... Thanks for entertainment anyway ...
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-3 16:18
"I need to have some sort of magnetic interference sensor."

You have one already, your P4 Pro V2.

I know but it either says it needs to be calibrated or it's good to go.  I want to know what the readings of where it is are so I can make a correct determination of what is truly going on.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-3 18:31
If both of you - yes, Labroides, you to - ever try to insult me the way you punish this poor individual with monstrously elevated ego, I'll fly down there and punch you in the nose really hard ! Hopefully It's not going to happen ... Thanks for entertainment anyway  ...

but my ego has real-world backing though
2019-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 18:55
I know but it either says it needs to be calibrated or it's good to go.  I want to know what the readings of where it is are so I can make a correct determination of what is truly going on.

I know but it either says it needs to be calibrated or it's good to go.
It says it needs to be calibrated??
You need to get more reading practice to see what it actually says.

While it does mention calibration, that's one of DJI's well known documentation mistakes.
If your compass is warning you that you've put the drone down in an area where the local magnetic environment is unsuitable because some steel is too close to your drone, recalibrating the compass is never going to fix that problem.
Next time you see the message, take the time to read it properly and see what else it suggests, because that it the correct action.

ps  ..  DJI have given you the magnetic interference sensor you were asking for in post #92
They built on into your drone already.
See if you can find it

2019-7-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-3 18:31
If both of you - yes, Labroides, you to - ever try to insult me the way you punish this poor individual with monstrously elevated ego, I'll fly down there and punch you in the nose really hard ! Hopefully It's not going to happen ... Thanks for entertainment anyway  ...

"I'll fly down there and punch you in the nose really hard"

Never going to happen. That houseboat of yours does not have the horsepower to get off the lake, not to mention the wings are too small.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-3 19:31
I know but it either says it needs to be calibrated or it's good to go.
It says it needs to be calibrated??
You need to get more reading practice to see what it actually says.

Compass Error/Magnetic Interference.  Calibration required.  Something like that of course.  Fix it, and it's Ready to Go.
2019-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 20:25
Compass Error/Magnetic Interference.  Calibration required.  Something like that of course.  Fix it, and it's Ready to Go.

Something like that?
Maybe get a grown-up to read it to you.

Fix it and it's ready to go?
OK .. how's recalibrating your compass going to fix the problem of your drone being too close to the magnetic field of some steel close by?
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-3 21:15
Something like that?
Maybe get a grown-up to read it to you.

That's why I need to order a magnetic field sensor.
2019-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 22:48
That's why I need to order a magnetic field sensor.

One more time ....
You already have one.
It's hidden in your drone.
See if you can find it.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-3 23:08
One more time ....
You already have one.
It's hidden in your drone.

The numbers are in the green for both compasses yet it says needs calibration.
2019-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-4 00:07

I give up trying to help you.
You are just too stupid.
Get someone to read my last few posts to you because you haven't understood a word despite me spelling it out multiple times.
It's hard to believe someone could really be as thick as you come across.
2019-7-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-4 00:22
I give up trying to help you.
You are just too stupid.
Get someone to read my last few posts to you because you haven't understood a word despite me spelling it out multiple times.

You don't even truly know what is going on but you honestly think you do.
2019-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-4 00:39
You don't even truly know what is going on but you honestly think you do.

And you're the person that would really know.
A 13 year old who can't understand basic concepts or instructions when they are given to you.
Total tosser who's only contribution to the forum has been nothing but trolling.
2019-7-4
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-4 01:29
And you're the person that would really know.
A 13 year old who can't understand basic concepts or instructions when they are given to you.
Total tosser who's only contribution to the forum has been nothing but trolling.

These posts are incredible. This guys first post was about his compass not working, and after all the advice people have tried to offer, he is still talking about his compass. Ant, I think, your personal compass needs to be recalibrated and you should stay away from metal objects, it's affecting the way you think.
2019-7-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 20:25

If you have warning of Compass Error / Magnetic interference :

DO NOT RE-CALIBRATE YOUR COMPASS - LEAVE IT ALONE AND MOVE TO LOCATION WITH NO ERROR

Where people mistakenly re-calibrate in the bad location - they then usually either 1. calibration fails to complete or 2. once they take off and fly out of the interference have Compass Error warning !

2019-7-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 7-5 02:32
If you have warning of Compass Error / Magnetic interference :

DO NOT RE-CALIBRATE YOUR COMPASS - LEAVE IT ALONE AND MOVE TO LOCATION WITH NO ERROR

I've walked many many feet on Solid ground and it says the same thing.
2019-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-5 02:35
I've walked many many feet on Solid ground and it says the same thing.
Everyone is intentionally giving you false information.
If you think it's telling you to recalibrate junior, go ahead and recalibrate.

2019-7-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-5 02:35
I've walked many many feet on Solid ground and it says the same thing.

Well then go find a rough big open farm field well away from pylons, roads, metalwork etc ..... calibrate it there and then return to problem location where you want to fly ...
2019-7-5
Use props
Sick Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-4 00:07

This kid must be mentally challenged or a true idiot.

He states the compass setting numbers are green on the sensor state settings page, which means good to go.
Yet he fails to understand that the blue calibrate compass link is just a link to the compass calibration page in settings.
He thinks it is telling him he needs to re-calibrate. Then when he does he see's the link is there and can't comprehend why.
He refuse to accept the information given to him by so many people here with more experience.

Ant you need to realize and comprehend...the blue calibrate compass link does not mean to calibrate the compass.

This is the problem with  these know it all personalities like Ant. They refuse to accept anything, unless it fits their way of thinking.

2019-7-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sick Dog Posted at 7-5 11:08
This kid must be mentally challenged or a true idiot.

He states the compass setting numbers are green on the sensor state settings page, which means good to go.

What do you mean blue calibration link?

It says Compass needs to be recalibrated.
2019-7-5
Use props
Sick Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

post a screenshot
2019-7-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With all the name calling its hard to tell who is the adult, mental, idiot, tosser, stupid, and thats just on this page, in this thread, there are many more, whether or not you feel those are true and whether or not you are getting frustrated with another member of which is holding his tongue for the most part, what gives any of you the right to be down right rude, just because someone does not understand what is being said to them does not give you the right to be a bully pure and simple. Ive even seen you even mock his English, not everyone finds it easy to write, normally they write how they think it in theirs heads, how do you know this guy does not have learning disabilities, he may even be a child, although we know hes not as weve seen his image, but had we not, we wouldnt know, so is that how an adult acts, taking the mick and giving out abuse  just because another cannot grasp what is being said. Amazing what folks will do behind a keyboard, i bet it makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. What i do know is, most other forums would have banned your @ss and thats a fact!  Grow the - up and move on.
2019-7-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It hasn't requested me to calibrate for a long time for some reason.
2019-7-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-5 19:41
With all the name calling its hard to tell who is the adult, mental, idiot, tosser, stupid, and thats just on this page, in this thread, there are many more, whether or not you feel those are true and whether or not you are getting frustrated with another member of which is holding his tongue for the most part, what gives any of you the right to be down right rude, just because someone does not understand what is being said to them does not give you the right to be a bully pure and simple. Ive even seen you even mock his English, not everyone finds it easy to write, normally they write how they think it in theirs heads, how do you know this guy does not have learning disabilities, he may even be a child, although we know hes not as weve seen his image, but had we not, we wouldnt know, so is that how an adult acts, taking the mick and giving out abuse  just because another cannot grasp what is being said. Amazing what folks will do behind a keyboard, i bet it makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. What i do know is, most other forums would have banned your @ss and thats a fact!  Grow the - up and move on.

Your name is Bashy for a reason.  I know it's your lifestyle.  Let it all out.
2019-7-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules