Replace my P3A with a P3P (drone only)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, I have a quick question if I may. My P3A has developed a IMU error and requires me to send it off for repair. Unfortunately the repair costs far outweigh the cost of the drone,  so it's not financially viable. However, I have found a P3P (drone only, no camera) on Ebay for £100.00. My question is, is it possible just to move my camera from my P3A to a P3P amd relink the controller. I didn't want to bid on this drone without finding out whether this was possible.

Thanks

Chris
2019-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With the P3 pro and P3 Adv, the aircraft are identical.
The cameras are the only difference.
If you transplant an Advanced camera to a Pro body, you'll have to update the firmware to P3 Advanded firmware so the drone understands how to use the camera.
2019-6-30
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-30 01:57
With the P3 pro and P3 Adv, the aircraft are identical.
The cameras are the only difference.
If you transplant an Advanced camera to a Pro body, you'll have to update the firmware to P3 Advanded firmware so the drone understands how to use the camera.

Hey, Labroides, perfect, thank you..
2019-6-30
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think its the camera and the charger is the difference

P3A is not a 4K camera and the charger is slighty less wattage so it takes a bit longer to charge otherwise the bird is the same i think

There is a guy selling a p3A on ebay that looks as if its been crashed but confirms it flies (might be worth contacting him with an offer as it might find it difficult to sell and you could just rob the imu parts I guess.

Phantom 3 Pro's seem to still have pretty strong pricing. maybe find a full kit on Free ads, sphock or gumtree, i think it would be great if there were a classifieds section on this forum
https://filmora.wondershare.com/ ... dvanced-pro-4k.html

2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and thank you for reaching out. Labroides is correct on post #2. The biggest difference between the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is in the camera. The DJI Phantom 3 Professional is capable of shooting spectacular 4K video at up to 30 frames per second, and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is capable of shooting at resolutions up to 2.7K. Both models shoot 12 megapixel photos. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY repair on the said drone. To avoid additional damage on the said unit. Thank for understanding and for your support.
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules