29284 90 2019-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Glad it works for you.

Sadly mine had video feed issues (factory reset, reloaded firmware etc etc etc), VERY poor sound (used for narration and audio notes plus some ambient sound), DJI did not even bother to reply to my emails or the threads on here with other users having same video feed issues so mine was sent back and I got a full refund, good job I did not buy it direct from DJI.

Once again for me DJI proved to be next to useless with support for the products they sell, if your a pro then I'd be nervous of DJI's ability to offer support when it's needed.

Sadly IMO the Smart Controller needs a lot of work to resolve issues listed widely online, also now looking back I don't feel the screen has a significant advantage in bright sun, its highly reflective and requires an anti glare coating or cover to get easy viewing. Its half way there.
2019-7-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

No problem buddy!
2019-7-2
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

arthurbikemad Posted at 7-2 01:00
Glad it works for you.

Sadly mine had video feed issues (factory reset, reloaded firmware etc etc etc), VERY poor sound (used for narration and audio notes plus some ambient sound), DJI did not even bother to reply to my emails or the threads on here with other users having same video feed issues so mine was sent back and I got a full refund, good job I did not buy it direct from DJI.

Sorry for you... you should have tried a replacement unit. I never had issue with not seeing the screen even in bright sunlight....
2019-7-3
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

arthurbikemad Posted at 7-2 01:00
Glad it works for you.

Sadly mine had video feed issues (factory reset, reloaded firmware etc etc etc), VERY poor sound (used for narration and audio notes plus some ambient sound), DJI did not even bother to reply to my emails or the threads on here with other users having same video feed issues so mine was sent back and I got a full refund, good job I did not buy it direct from DJI.

thanks this is very good comment to me
I somehow instead reading the pros , prefer  to read the cons before buy it and your comment is a kind of wake up call for me
2019-7-5
Use props
Silverwings007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the great review. Quick question, when you've installed Google play store etc, can you then install Google purchases like Litchi? I've purchased Litchi for IOS and Playstore and don't want to have to buy it again in Amazon store.....
2019-7-5
Use props
Surrogatemarker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4567943 ft
United States

It’s nice that Phantom 4 Pro version 2 support is coming soon however, I’d say it WILL be a great controller when 3rd party apps for mapping and other commercial uses can run on it..which they dont currently.  I have held off purchasing this controller until the time that they do.
2019-7-5
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Surrogatemarker Posted at 7-5 05:28
It’s nice that Phantom 4 Pro version 2 support is coming soon however, I’d say it WILL be a great controller when 3rd party apps for mapping and other commercial uses can run on it..which they dont currently.  I have held off purchasing this controller until the time that they do.

As mentioned in this thread, you can install the Google Playstore and modules but you have to do it yourself using some manual tools.  Not very hard but not super easy.
2019-7-5
Use props
Darth SHO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568570 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only used mine twice because I experienced a lot less range vs the standard controller. I had los about 300-500 meters less than the standard controller.
To be fair, I have only done one firmware update and I have not kept up with the new features in the firmware. I guess it’s time to get it out and update the firmware and give it another go.

It would be useful for controlling drones that don’t use Ocusync 2.0.

It has WiFi built in and that would be great if I could use it with the Air and Spark.

The screen is very nice! That’s the primary reason I purchased it.

On what drones can you use the standard controller as a slave? Or did I misunderstand?

Thanks!
2019-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, excellent follow up. I can endorse all you have said having used it for 5 months, I would like to see dji offering more of their craft without RC like M2P M2Z and applicable phantoms, I understand they offer a MZ2 for 1099 without RC and charger but I can purchase M2Z for €1124 on amazon with RC and charger, I think dji should offer MZ2 without RC and charger at a much better price, I for one would certainly purchase a zoom if the price was fair. Having said all that SRC is by far the best accessory I own for flying drones , and fo me it offers good value particularly when you compare to some tablets and phones Crystalsky etc . Thanks again for posting .
2019-7-5
Use props
fans153673dc
New

Peru

Definitely not a fan of how it has such a large black border around the viewable screen area. I figured it went all the way to the edges.
2019-7-5
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

akozc Posted at 7-5 01:30
thanks this is very good comment to me
I somehow instead reading the pros , prefer  to read the cons before buy it and your comment is a kind of wake up call for me

There’s no such thing as a perfect product. Overall the SC is a great device. I’m fully satisfied with it, the rest will come with the updates
2019-7-5
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 7-5 07:16
Great job, excellent follow up. I can endorse all you have said having used it for 5 months, I would like to see dji offering more of their craft without RC like M2P M2Z and applicable phantoms, I understand they offer a MZ2 for 1099 without RC and charger but I can purchase M2Z for €1124 on amazon with RC and charger, I think dji should offer MZ2 without RC and charger at a much better price, I for one would certainly purchase a zoom if the price was fair. Having said all that SRC is by far the best accessory I own for flying drones , and fo me it offers good value particularly when you compare to some tablets and phones Crystalsky etc . Thanks again for posting .

Glad you like my review
2019-7-5
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

fans153673dc Posted at 7-5 10:20
Definitely not a fan of how it has such a large black border around the viewable screen area. I figured it went all the way to the edges.

With an edge to edge display you would accidentally press something
2019-7-5
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Darth SHO Posted at 7-5 06:49
I only used mine twice because I experienced a lot less range vs the standard controller. I had los about 300-500 meters less than the standard controller.
To be fair, I have only done one firmware update and I have not kept up with the new features in the firmware. I guess it’s time to get it out and update the firmware and give it another go.

I recommend installing the latest update. Never had connection issues, it’s the best so far. Would be awesome if I could use it with the first series of Phantom 4 Pro. Dual controll works with the Mavic 2 series
2019-7-5
Use props
fans529fbaa0
New

United States

Thanks for sharing this fantastic review with us.
2019-7-5
Use props
Alan.Jere.Frumkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135374 ft
United States

Giving this great technology serious consideration. Your opinion is valuable. Thank you.
2019-7-5
Use props
fansd2025a6b
lvl.1

Switzerland

It is still not available in the store!
2019-7-6
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

fans529fbaa0 Posted at 7-5 12:59
Thanks for sharing this fantastic review with us.

My pleasure! Thank you ;)
2019-7-6
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Alan.Jere.Frumkin Posted at 7-5 17:47
Giving this great technology serious consideration. Your opinion is valuable. Thank you.

Glad it helped you
2019-7-6
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

TheDon Posted at 7-1 05:36
Thank you very much!

You're welcome
2019-7-6
Use props
djiuser_tjyLCFGWRZid
lvl.1

United States

I enjoyed the extensive review. I’ve been waiting to get one of these for months but it seems to always be out of stock in the DJI store.
2019-7-7
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would have been great if we could use it with Mavic Pro!
2019-7-9
Use props
CESPI016
lvl.1

United States

Too bad it’s out of stock
2019-7-9
Use props
Sadhan Niadu
lvl.2
United States

Can I use the smart control with Mvic Air? Is it compatible
2019-7-10
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Sadhan Niadu Posted at 7-10 09:06
Can I use the smart control with Mvic Air? Is it compatible

It is not compatible with the Mavic Air.  
2019-7-10
Use props
CJW1964
lvl.3
Flight distance : 912933 ft
Turkey

My only real issue is that I love the fly more case. This probably won’t fit ☹️
2019-7-10
Use props
CJW1964
lvl.3
Flight distance : 912933 ft
Turkey

Ps. I use the Air and Pro 2. So won’t control both either.
2019-7-10
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wowzers. $750. It's an small Android screen attached to an RC. If you are creative, you can really do the same thing with your original controller. Tools needed.
Dremel
3m VHB double sided tape
Cost $0.

2019-7-10
Use props
vmaidensphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6352 ft
Canada

Great review and cleared up some questions.

Now if i could just have them back in stock to buy.....ahem
2019-7-11
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_tjyLCFGWRZid Posted at 7-7 00:03
I enjoyed the extensive review. I’ve been waiting to get one of these for months but it seems to always be out of stock in the DJI store.

Thank you! Check the DJI website, it should be in stock by now
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_lpGIyVhfaDJV
lvl.1

Ukraine

i like this forum so much!
2019-7-12
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Review. I own a SC and I am still looking for issues. After reading you post, I found other things that I can do with the SC. Thank you for the post.
2019-7-12
Use props
Bluesphere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358238 ft
Italy

I wish to know why the smart controller is out of stock from two months!!! I want to buy it but is  disappeared from the market!!! DJI!!! Why??? Why???
2019-7-20
Use props
Birdman6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 464659 ft
United States

Love my smart controller, but wondering when skytalk is going to be added?  
2019-7-22
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

fansd2025a6b Posted at 7-6 01:55
It is still not available in the store!

It seems suspicious to me that it is not available for sale for so long. Here in Spain, DJI's online store has been without stock for the Smart Controlller for weeks.
2019-7-23
Use props
BORDE
New

France

LOGICIEL EN FRANCAIS ?????!!!!!
2019-7-27
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

Quote: I used 4 batteries with my Mavic pro 2 and the smart controller still had 50% of battery left.Pleas tell me how much time it was totally
2019-8-25
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any way to update the Mavic Pro firmware to enable the Smart Controller to work with it?
2019-11-3
Use props
conprot.otenet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224354 ft
  • >>>
Greece

thanks for a complete review.
i have one question.
IN THE SETTINGS AND UNDER DJILAB I GET ONLY ONE OPTION "CAMERA LOCK" AND THERE IS NOTHING FOR THE STICKS.
what firmware version are you on
2019-11-4
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

hvail Posted at 11-3 04:30
Is there any way to update the Mavic Pro firmware to enable the Smart Controller to work with it?

the fast answer is NO
becuse of ocusync 2
2019-11-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules