Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beep codes and the deaf
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Over the years I have become significantly deaf and what hearing remains is distorted.
The Phantom controller seems to use beep codes for quite a few things and unless I literally put the drone to my ear I simply do not hear them.

Likewise when the drone boots the beep codes from it, if I hear them at all, sound like a peculiar screech to me, I think I might have heard variations in the screech but I can not be certain and I could not say which is the "everything is optimal" screech.

Having had hearing I understand the reason for using audible notifications, they are highly convenient and do not require the user's attention to be focused upon them to recieve them... but...

Primarily wrt the controller I am wondering if it would be feasible to either replace the sound device with an LED or connect an LED in parallel with it. Obviously the LED would have to be visible and penetrate the case.

I would also like to suggest that DJI gives such an alternative means of notification some consideration, I am sure I am not the only deaf user.

2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Sean-newbie. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-6-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-30 07:52
Hello and good day Sean-newbie. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks Stephen if DJI engineers would respond with a means of adding an LED indicator the would indeed be useful. I am not so bothered about the drone but for the controller it would be great.
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-30 07:56
Thanks Stephen if DJI engineers would respond with a means of adding an LED indicator the would indeed be useful. I am not so bothered about the drone but for the controller it would be great.

You are very much welcome Sean-newbie and thank you for the additional information. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules