Spark - no video feed - no mapbox - sorted
1493 1 2019-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joy Stix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8301 ft

Portugal

Hi guys and thanks for add. I'm a complete newby and want to expand photography for my motorcycle trips.

I'd like to offer up a couple of solutions that have appeared to work, for me, in relation to the above issues but would still appreciate advice/observations.

I bought a nearly Spark with a flymore pack and downloaded the latest Go4 app. From day 1 struggled to get any video feed to my phone's screen.
My phone is a Samsung J3 2016 spec / Android 5.1.1.  (old I know)

After calibrating stuff, I used beginner mode for the 1st few flights in my garden, (I live in the mountains of Portugal) but that still didn't stop the Spark
flying up and off from a hover all by itself.

Video Fix
Once I 'passed my personal test' I decided to try and fix my video and put rogue flights down to me.  I found a web site that has all DJI app updates
and thought I'd roll back to 4.2.12 since I read somewhere it worked well. Fantastic ! The video came on.

The web site is DJI app upgrades

I then realised my little mapbox did not show a map and I wanted to fly further away. I just couldn't get my
phone to link in to the DJI Go4 home screen's (top right - three bars) and open 'offline maps' It just wouldn't open, regardless of being
linked to the RC / RC + Spark or even in the house on 5G or on mobile data.

Map Fix
Back to the above web site and I trawled through all the apps updates from 4.2.12 until I read an update for maps and found 4.2.21.
After installing this app both the video and maps worked instantly and I could confidently set a home point and see it. Plus the
controller / phone spoke to me ''home point succesfully stored''.

My next problem is the OTG cable, which had worked, (denoted by 'disconnected' when separated), now seems to allow the RC to drain
the battery of my phone flat in 3 minutes.

Sorry for the essay !.. Any tips on the OTG to stop the RC pulling out the juice from the battery?

Cheers and thanks again !
2019-6-30
Use props
Joy Stix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8301 ft

Portugal

sorry that link should be https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules