Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Only 12mph????
705 19 2019-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_a1c5ouTLtR9k
lvl.1
United States

After about 6 months I've found my Mavic pro maxes out at around 12mph when in normal GPS mode and sometimes less on windless days. It works fine in Sports mode. Since this problem started I've calibrated the remote, compass and IMU and a reset of of the EXP ans sensitivity modes. Today I did a little testing and found if I turned off object avoidance the speed was fine. When I turned object avoidance back on the drome would sometime accelerate above 12mph but would stop with an object avoidance warning at 18mph even though there was nothing around at 120 feet. I thought maybe this was sune glare but triying this in several different directions but still got the error at 18mph. Once I got the error I'd have to turn off the object avoidance and then back on in order to get it to go above 12mph in GPS mode. I checked the the sensors on the front and bottom of the drone are clean and free of dust. One othe odd thing it did today was yaw 45 degrees while traveling forward when I wasn't even touching the left stick. I did have about 10% left on the right stick at one point but this shouldn't have caused the bird to rotate. I did verify this in the flight record. Also the resultes were the  same with my iPhone 6s and iPad mini2. I thought in may have been the mini since I just started using it with the Mavic Pro about a mothe ago.

Any ideas what to do next?
2019-6-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine maxed out at 47 MPH once, are you sure you are not on beginners mode?
2019-6-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the OA in Assistant 2
2019-7-1
Use props
djiuser_a1c5ouTLtR9k
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 6-30 19:02
Mine maxed out at 47 MPH once, are you sure you are not on beginners mode?

I'm sure it's not beginner mode. I'm testing at far greater distances than beginner mode would allow and I've checked
2019-7-1
Use props
djiuser_a1c5ouTLtR9k
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-1 01:29
Calibrate the OA in Assistant 2

Thanks, that would be the next logical step. I'll see if it helps.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_a1c5ouTLtR9k Posted at 7-1 15:29
Thanks, that would be the next logical step. I'll see if it helps.

And another obvious one is to physically clean the sensors with a micro fibre cloth
2019-7-1
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Not trying to be a smart alec, but make sure that there are no dust covers on the OA sensors on the front.  Something to protect them during shipping.  
2019-7-1
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-1 15:31
And another obvious one is to physically clean the sensors with a micro fibre cloth

Good idea but I've already done that.
2019-7-2
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 7-1 15:40
Not trying to be a smart alec, but make sure that there are no dust covers on the OA sensors on the front.  Something to protect them during shipping.

I found those when unboxing but they are easy to overlook.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snapshott Posted at 7-2 17:18
Good idea but I've already done that.

Did the OA calibration make a difference?
2019-7-3
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-3 12:18
Did the OA calibration make a difference?

I've done the OA calibration but haven't had a chance to fly yet. Thunderstorms right now. I'll let you know  after I get a chance to fly.
2019-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snapshott Posted at 7-4 11:05
I've done the OA calibration but haven't had a chance to fly yet. Thunderstorms right now. I'll let you know  after I get a chance to fly.

Cool - fingers crossed for you
2019-7-4
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-4 11:28
Cool - fingers crossed for you

I did an OA calibration and now top speed with OA sensors on in GPS mode is 20mph, with OA sensors switched off in GPS mode 30mps and Sport mode about 39mph. The weather was clear little to no wind on the clouds were moving slow. my flights were around 120 feet high. So  20mph is much better than the 8-12 mph I was getting.

I did get a a CPU fully loaded on mobile device unit on my iPad mini2 so next time I'l do the test with my iPhone 6s since I've never gotten that error using the phone. Next I'm going to recalibrate the OA again, the IMU and compass and controller and retest with the iPhone and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it I'll contact DJI and see what they say. I purchased new back in December so I'm still under warrantee.
2019-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snapshott Posted at 7-5 15:28
I did an OA calibration and now top speed with OA sensors on in GPS mode is 20mph, with OA sensors switched off in GPS mode 30mps and Sport mode about 39mph. The weather was clear little to no wind on the clouds were moving slow. my flights were around 120 feet high. So  20mph is much better than the 8-12 mph I was getting.

I did get a a CPU fully loaded on mobile device unit on my iPad mini2 so next time I'l do the test with my iPhone 6s since I've never gotten that error using the phone. Next I'm going to recalibrate the OA again, the IMU and compass and controller and retest with the iPhone and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it I'll contact DJI and see what they say. I purchased new back in December so I'm still under warrantee.

Still slightly slow but a marked improvement
2019-7-6
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-6 00:32
Still slightly slow but a marked improvement

Today I recalibrated the OA, IMU, controller, compass, and gimbal. Went back and the speeds were about the same as yesterday 20mph GPS mode, 30mph GPS mode OA off and 38MPH sport mode. I could probable live with that but more troubling things are happening. Now I'm having issues with the the Mavic yawing when I'm not touching the lefts stick. This has happened a few times in the past and has become more common. Today it happened multiple times. I noticed that the gimbal indicator would scroll up and down when this happened and the the video feed would freeze. I could not get the video feed back until I restarted the Mavic. The video feed froze on my for the first time during a flight on Friday at a different location.

Today I did get one signal interference at the end of the day but I've flown over 50 flights this location before without issue. I've also had the ghosts yaws and video freeze up recently at different locations just not to the extent of today. Since I sometime fly my Mavic from a kayak down narrow waterways with lots of trees the ghost yaws a freezing video is grounding me. Unless someone has any ideas I think I need to go to DJI to see what they say. Forgot to add that all flights have been line of sight at less than 1300' fight distance.
2019-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snapshott Posted at 7-7 14:19
Today I recalibrated the OA, IMU, controller, compass, and gimbal. Went back and the speeds were about the same as yesterday 20mph GPS mode, 30mph GPS mode OA off and 38MPH sport mode. I could probable live with that but more troubling things are happening. Now I'm having issues with the the Mavic yawing when I'm not touching the lefts stick. This has happened a few times in the past and has become more common. Today it happened multiple times. I noticed that the gimbal indicator would scroll up and down when this happened and the the video feed would freeze. I could not get the video feed back until I restarted the Mavic. The video feed froze on my for the first time during a flight on Friday at a different location.

Today I did get one signal interference at the end of the day but I've flown over 50 flights this location before without issue. I've also had the ghosts yaws and video freeze up recently at different locations just not to the extent of today. Since I sometime fly my Mavic from a kayak down narrow waterways with lots of trees the ghost yaws a freezing video is grounding me. Unless someone has any ideas I think I need to go to DJI to see what they say. Forgot to add that all flights have been line of sight at less than 1300' fight distance.

Hate to say it but I think your drone has too many underlying issues - I would arrange for it to be shipped back to DJI for a full diagnostic evaluation and possible repair/replacement.
2019-7-7
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-7 22:43
Hate to say it but I think your drone has too many underlying issues - I would arrange for it to be shipped back to DJI for a full diagnostic evaluation and possible repair/replacement.

You're right. During my testing I wasn't recording any video. I was just checking the speed issues and when that mostly cleared up the yawing issue. So I went back to check the video on a test flight. It started showed gimbal vibrations that never showed up before then the video stopped recording. From earlier review of the flight records this seemed to be the same time that the Mavic had a sudden yaw movement without stick input. I did remember that the gimbal was shuttering a little when I was recalibrating the bottom motion sensors. Never gotten a gimbal error message but as you said a lot of underlying issues are coming up. All this with no crashes but with this kind of tech things just sometimes go wrong. Time to contact DJI.
2019-7-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snapshott Posted at 7-9 17:22
You're right. During my testing I wasn't recording any video. I was just checking the speed issues and when that mostly cleared up the yawing issue. So I went back to check the video on a test flight. It started showed gimbal vibrations that never showed up before then the video stopped recording. From earlier review of the flight records this seemed to be the same time that the Mavic had a sudden yaw movement without stick input. I did remember that the gimbal was shuttering a little when I was recalibrating the bottom motion sensors. Never gotten a gimbal error message but as you said a lot of underlying issues are coming up. All this with no crashes but with this kind of tech things just sometimes go wrong. Time to contact DJI.

Good luck with it - hope you get it sorted through DJI asap but definitely best to ship it to them I'd say.
2019-7-9
Use props
Snapshott
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 7-9 22:45
Good luck with it - hope you get it sorted through DJI asap but definitely best to ship it to them I'd say.

Sending off the DJI today. Thanks for everyones input.
2019-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snapshott Posted at 7-14 06:55
Sending off the DJI today. Thanks for everyones input.

Good luck with it
2019-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules