Battery Won't turn off
6980 9 2019-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TopAerial_Indo
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi,
Has anyone ever had a battery turn on then not want to turn off. Battery shows 3 lights (none flashing) and no light for the power button. When you press the power button to turn off nothing happens. Battery has remained like this for 3 days. Battery is not hot nor will it charge or discharge. When plugged in zero readings come from it.

Any one else had this issue? Out of the 6 Batteries only 1 did this and prior to this happening the batteries were working perfectly. The other 5 show perfect outputs.
This battery has had 15 cycles on it. We run 7 sets of batteries and never had this issue before.

Any ideas?

This is the battery in question

This is the battery in question
2019-6-30
Use props
AQUIF
lvl.4
India

its almost 10 days....no response from any one......strange....
2019-7-8
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

garsh, 42 batteries!
2019-7-8
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

Likely battery firmware malfunction or the battery dropped below minimum voltage prior to being recharged. Just thoughts. I believe the battery warranty is only 6 months. I have a similar issue with a Crystal Sky battery.
2019-7-10
Use props
PauloAg
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem a couple months back and the following solved my problem......
2019-7-11
Use props
PauloAg
lvl.1

United States

Hi, today i had the same problem with a battery for dji matrice 600 the 2 middle leds on and won't turn off, after looking around on the internet i found out that the battery has 2 middle leds on because it's in upgrade mode and did not finish the process!; the solution is very easy for the matrice 600 since it has 6 batteries I only plugged in batteries 1 and 2 (battery 2 had the problem) Then I proceeded to run the upgrade again (with dji assistant 2) and it started to do the process and failed but at the same time changed the battery 2 state from upgrade mode to normal operating mode (meaning it turned off the 2 led's and i was able to see it under battery management again) an important note would be that I used a different laptop for the second upgrade procedure of course same software and driver only difference was windows 7 64 bit on the first attempt (which caused the problem in the first place "2 middle led's on and won't turn off" and the second laptop had windows 10 64 bit.
2019-7-11
Use props
PauloAg
lvl.1

United States

You can find the original post here https://forum.dji.com/thread-43349-1-1.html
2019-7-11
Use props
TopAerial_Indo
lvl.1

Indonesia

PauloAg Posted at 7-11 06:31
Hi, today i had the same problem with a battery for dji matrice 600 the 2 middle leds on and won't turn off, after looking around on the internet i found out that the battery has 2 middle leds on because it's in upgrade mode and did not finish the process!; the solution is very easy for the matrice 600 since it has 6 batteries I only plugged in batteries 1 and 2 (battery 2 had the problem) Then I proceeded to run the upgrade again (with dji assistant 2) and it started to do the process and failed but at the same time changed the battery 2 state from upgrade mode to normal operating mode (meaning it turned off the 2 led's and i was able to see it under battery management again) an important note would be that I used a different laptop for the second upgrade procedure of course same software and driver only difference was windows 7 64 bit on the first attempt (which caused the problem in the first place "2 middle led's on and won't turn off" and the second laptop had windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks.

For anyone else this solution is recommended.
I did however have to uninstall everything DJI on my computer and reinstall all. Then proceeded to download the firmware again and only then would the battery respond. since then i have used this battery on 3 flights the first 2 were with no payload just to be sure it was running right and all signs point to yes. the flight we ran with payload went well and it seems battery is back to normal.

Thanks for the help.
2019-7-31
Use props
fans2ddd2832
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12280 ft
Senegal

Having issues charging M600 Batteries with the charging Hub
2019-8-26
Use props
fans2ddd2832
lvl.1