Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Auto Exposure and Controller Connection issues
534 2 2019-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mycamblur
New
United Kingdom

Yesterday I had a worrying experience with my Mavic Pro.  Part way through a flight, when the drone was about 700m away over hills, I got the 'controller connection error', and the mobile screen locked up.  I was able to get the drone back using the controller but without map or FPV...just looking at the distance on the controller.

This was combined it seems, with the auto exposure on the camera going haywire.  Within 60 seconds or so it went from normal to being totally over exposed.  Upon landing and rebooting, I got a message that 'ambient light is too low for the forward sensors to work'.  This was in the middle of a sunny afternoon.

On reviewing the footage, I can see that the exposure starts normal, then gradually increases, and then finally increases rapidly until the sceeen is completely white.  

It seems strange that these two issues are linked (contoller connection error and over exposing) but they are in this case.

Anybody got any clue as to what is going on?
white balance gone wrong (11).png

exposure increasing

exposure increasing
white balance gone wrong (4).png
white balance gone wrong (5).png

Drone camera seems to think it is dark

Drone camera seems to think it is dark

Exposure increasing rapidly

Exposure increasing rapidly

exposure increasing rapidly

exposure increasing rapidly

Exposure still increasing out of control

Exposure still increasing out of control

So over exposed now nothing is visible

So over exposed now nothing is visible

Start of flight

Start of flight
white balance gone wrong (9).png

Alost nothing to see

Alost nothing to see
2019-7-1
Use props
Mycamblur
New
United Kingdom

Have had a look and it looks like the metering has automatically adjusted itself to over expose.  I have re-set it to zero and for the moment, it is OK.  Still do not know what caused this to happen.
2019-7-1
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

How long have you had your Mavic?  Ive had mine over a year now and experienced a RC disconnect for the 1st time a month ago.  Then recently, I got another RC DC and the focus was off during the golden hour.  I hope this ins not a sign that things are going bad.
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules