Tracking GPS Enabled Devices
1937 3 2019-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicknal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378048 ft
United States

Does anyone know if it is possible, or has anyone tried, to track a moving device based on the GPS coordinates of said device?

For example, if I have a GPS enabled device like a cell phone, is there a way to track (or identify) this device when the gps location comes into the drone's camera view? I'm thinking something like a pin and/or label that would display the location of this device, even if it is not necessarily visible (eg. cellphone in a pocket).

I'm sure this would involve some programming, but I am not all too familiar with the power or capabilities of the SDKs available.
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The DJI GO 4 app has a particular setting that would allow you to track the location of your remote controller based on the GPS of your mobile device, however, the camera wouldn't be towards your location. You may refer to the image below for further check. Thank you for your support.

2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_sWnUtxfbkBcX
New

Germany

With The DJI GO 4 app in using with Osmo Zenmuse X3 (handheld gimbal): Is it possible to use an aktiv tracking future, for example to follow a person while the gimbal is fixed on an tripod?
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_sWnUtxfbkBcX
New

Germany

Sorry, not future - feature
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules