Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a question whether any other users have the same issue as me with the Inspire 2.
Everytime I turn on the Inspire 2 + remote, the monitor shows a RED connection symbol (remote controller connection symbol).
It has full bars, but it is red. always.
I can use the drone and although it has a range of about 250m before cutting out video feed, it works.

In order to remove the red connection symbol, I have to go into settings, Remote controller settings and Re-pair the remote to the Inspire 2. Then the connection symbol turns white as normal, still with full bars.

What does it mean if the symbol is red? As it still shows full bars for connection.

Why do I have to re-pair the remote every time I want to fly the drone? I think it is the only way that I get more than 200m range out of this drone, which is very poor.

Any tips would be appreciated.
2019-7-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Of course 200 m range is ridiculous. In case of poor transmission, first thing I'll do is to check internal antenna wiring of RC. With Cendence RC it's relatively easy by undoing screws on back and pulling the antenna module out. Never did that with standard RC, but it must be doable. Prolonged antenna wiggling may broke the wire at terminals. Second thing will be aircraft's antennas connection check-up after removal of the nose mould. These are plugged into main brain module. Make sure not to abuse connectors too much as they're very delicate, and not to mess with proper position of each connector. While carefully un-plugged, I'll recommend to test for consistent resistance with an ohm-meter, just to make sure that the antennas are in working condition.

Naturally above mentioned maintenance procedures are valid after warranty expiration.
2019-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-1 10:00
Of course 200 m range is ridiculous. In case of poor transmission, first thing I'll do is to check internal antenna wiring of RC. With Cendence RC it's relatively easy by undoing screws on back and pulling the antenna module out. Never did that with standard RC, but it must be doable. Prolonged antenna wiggling may broke the wire at terminals. Second thing will be aircraft's antennas connection check-up after removal of the nose mould. These are plugged into main brain module. Make sure not to abuse connectors too much as they're very delicate, and not to mess with proper position of each connector. While carefully un-plugged, I'll recommend to test for consistent resistance with an ohm-meter, just to make sure that the antennas are in working condition.

Naturally above mentioned maintenance procedures are valid after warranty expiration.

Hi Matthew
This is good information but, the standard remote is not as easy to work with as compared with the Cendence. The remote is not as user friendly and needs some skill to remove the back cover. (youtube videos)  I am wondering if this is a problem with the Go 4 App. maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the Go 4 App could solve it.

Really, I would rebind the drone to the remote at the field without any interference. set the Inspire 2 in linking mode  and then connect the remote.   If you are still having issues, try setting your frequencies with the manual setup. choose a clear channel on 2.4  or 5.8 then test it out.

Rich
2019-7-1
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Maybe a firmware inconsitency.
I would check for latest firmware on bird an rc as a starting point.

My CrystalSky's did not offer me a new firmware for the RC while I got a new one using an Apple device with Go4
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules