Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 3 Occusync 2.0?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This way you can use it w/ the Smart Controller.  This way most or all the uncontrollable issues have been ironed out so that when I have enough money, I can use it w/o issue.

I think the DJI systems are phenomenal.  My next big upgrade would definitely be an Inspire 3 w/ hopefully a full-frame X8 that doesn't drift.  I trust these systems so much for what I have taken already.

I've heard follow-me mode is better than Active Track because the other devices have GPS.  If they communicate together like a DJI follow-me wristband or belt it would work.  I don't trust Active Track either but not because it was shown to dive-bomb the user but the fact when it locks onto something else and track that instead.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Follow me follows the remote - so tracking a car for example will be very difficult as the RC will need to be in the car making maitianing VLOS impossible. Follow me is very old tech now. I'd also imagine that the Inspire 3 (if there every will be one) will have an RTK type transmission system with an upgraded version of the cendence controller. Don't expect much change of £20K
2019-7-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-1 22:56
Follow me follows the remote - so tracking a car for example will be very difficult as the RC will need to be in the car making maitianing VLOS impossible. Follow me is very old tech now. I'd also imagine that the Inspire 3 (if there every will be one) will have an RTK type transmission system with an upgraded version of the cendence controller. Don't expect much change of £20K

RTK will drive the price up way too high.  I don't even use any autonomous modes as doing panos myself is better.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-1 23:01
RTK will drive the price up way too high.  I don't even use any autonomous modes as doing panos myself is better.

You're talking about an Inspire 3 with an '8K camera' - not a consumer drone. Price is low on list of priorities for those seriously considering such a product and it will need to compete with the Matrice 210 RTK V2.0 (which is why I don't think we'll see an Inspire 3 anytime soon). And why advise about follow me over active track if you don't use intelligent flight modes? And what do panos have to do with either of those modes?
2019-7-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-1 23:05
You're talking about an Inspire 3 with an '8K camera' - not a consumer drone. Price is low on list of priorities for those seriously considering such a product and it will need to compete with the Matrice 210 RTK V2.0 (which is why I don't think we'll see an Inspire 3 anytime soon). And why advise about follow me over active track if you don't use intelligent flight modes? And what do panos have to do with either of those modes?

I mean, not 8k but like C4K60 but in a full-frame camera so the price is lower.  Different versions of the X8 of course.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-1 23:10
I mean, not 8k but like C4K60 but in a full-frame camera so the price is lower.  Different versions of the X8 of course.

DCI4K? The existing Zenmuse X7 shoots in Apple Prores and Cinema DNG in 6K - 4K is a basic resolution for the current Inspire 2 - an Inspire 3 will need to improve on what is already on the market. A full frame sensor will be a must with upgraded res
2019-7-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-1 23:13
DCI4K? The existing Zenmuse X7 shoots in Apple Prores and Cinema DNG in 6K - 4K is a basic resolution for the current Inspire 2 - an Inspire 3 will need to improve on what is already on the market. A full frame sensor will be a must with upgraded res

They should make an Inspire 2 V2.0 then with Occusync 2.0 and upgraded ESCs.  The X7 will have to do then.  Unless Lightbridge 2 is Superior.

People were making videos where it only goes around 700m before it starts cutting out hard.  I can go 1.1km before it starts to disconnect.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-1 23:32
They should make an Inspire 2 V2.0 then with Occusync 2.0 and upgraded ESCs.  The X7 will have to do then.  Unless Lightbridge 2 is Superior.

People were making videos where it only goes around 700m before it starts cutting out hard.  I can go 1.1km before it starts to disconnect.

That's more probable than an Inspire 3 but given the blatant discontinuation of the Phantom consumer series and that model turning toward just the RTK package I can see the Phantom and Inspire line merging into a new design - that would make more sense than leaving a huge gap between a Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 2 V2.0.
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-2 00:47
That's more probable than an Inspire 3 but given the blatant discontinuation of the Phantom consumer series and that model turning toward just the RTK package I can see the Phantom and Inspire line merging into a new design - that would make more sense than leaving a huge gap between a Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 2 V2.0.

I just wanted to see the Smart Controller work w/ the Inspire series so you can get 2km w/ a clean signal.

I can fly far more cinematically with the Phantom sticks because they are longer than the Mavic 2 short-throw sticks.  Maybe DJI should sell longer ones as an option.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 03:02
I just wanted to see the Smart Controller work w/ the Inspire series so you can get 2km w/ a clean signal.

I can fly far more cinematically with the Phantom sticks because they are longer than the Mavic 2 short-throw sticks.  Maybe DJI should sell longer ones as an option.

I bought the polar pro extendable thumb sticks for my Mavic 2 Pro standard remote - they work great.
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ir-extension-sticks
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-2 03:16
I bought the polar pro extendable thumb sticks for my Mavic 2 Pro standard remote - they work great.
https://www.polarprofilters.com/products/mavic-air-extension-sticks

The P4 controller is so smooth though.  I'm doing awesome moving shots w/o even feeling like anything is happening.

Extending the sticks like that w/ screws I don't like.  It would be nice if it snapped up and down in increments.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 03:19
The P4 controller is so smooth though.  I'm doing awesome moving shots w/o even feeling like anything is happening.

Extending the sticks like that w/ screws I don't like.  It would be nice if it snapped up and down in increments.

The Inspire has the most fluid control movements of them all
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-2 03:31
The Inspire has the most fluid control movements of them all

Yeah, but I meant the control sticks wise.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 03:47
Yeah, but I meant the control sticks wise.

So did I lol
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing these information. These information will be cascaded to the proper DJI department and in addition as of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI
Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations

Thank you for your support.
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The cinematic feel is unbelievable w/ the P4.  The Mavic 2 Zoom is Great for the quick look of an area before sending the P4 out.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 13:17
The cinematic feel is unbelievable w/ the P4.  The Mavic 2 Zoom is Great for the quick look of an area before sending the P4 out.

Thats strange as I didn't feel an 'unbelievable cinematic feel' when I owned the Phantom 4 Pro
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-2 23:57
Thats strange as I didn't feel an 'unbelievable cinematic feel' when I owned the Phantom 4 Pro

Because you need to get more brain-to-finger coordination.

Checkout this whole video.  The first part was with an A7 when the truck was coming in.  No gimbal so it kind of sucked.
2019-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 01:33
Because you need to get more brain-to-finger coordination.

Checkout this whole video.  The first part was with an A7 when the truck was coming in.  No gimbal so it kind of sucked.

It's fluidity of the P4P movements were good but no where near as effective as the Inspire
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-3 02:42
It's fluidity of the P4P movements were good but no where near as effective as the Inspire

I assume so
2019-7-3
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Inspire 2.5 will be with Occusyn , ( when you use the dji simulator on PC you can choose a Cendence controller with Occusync ;)) , pretty sure stronger motors will be added that open up the possibility to carry bigger cameras ... we can only hope
2019-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd actually say the Inspire 1 is more fluid than the Inspire 2
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer